Author Topic: Romanza breakfast  (Read 47869 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza breakfast
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 01:24:33 AM »
Thanks for that, Sellsy. We stayed at the Romanza twice last year after many visits to Voulas. We found the staff to be fine (as they are at Voulas), but as you say, the views are stunning at the Romanza. I only raised the point about breakfast because there were rumours that 'things are going to change and etc etc', and it's not good now that  - - have and gone to a place in the village. All I can say is that it suits us, and we are looking forward to our visit. An Ouzo on the balcony before wandering off for dinner (village or Hotel) is a wonderful way to start the evening. Can't wait!!
Ahhhhhh!! But did you get 3 jars of JAM??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
Ahhhhhh!! But did you get 3 jars of JAM??
They were probably nice people and as I said in a previous posting you reap what you sow

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 01:37:16 AM »
You obviously only got one jar then Yannis - - LOL

YANNIS26

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 01:42:54 AM »
You obviously only got one jar then Yannis - - LOL
Thats me I have never been greedy.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
I think it's like the Tortoise and the Hare
You get loads over time, for services to PR, some however, get a handful to get rid of them - LOL

YANNIS26

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
I think it's like the Tortoise and the Hare
You get loads over time, for services to PR, some however, get a handful to get rid of them - LOL
Hi Tony
This is exactly what ill thought out criticism can achieve.I interpret this posting as malicious criticism of Nitsas qumquat jam.Did you not stop to think before posting what disastrous reactions it could cause.
Here are some examples.
Nitsa  crying into her Mousaka over you saying her wonderful jam is rubbish and so ruining my next family meal.
Waspman having received 3 jars of jam now doubting his l********y factor and thinking are they trying to get rid of me.
Mikee who got no jam thinking I must have the l********y factor after all.
You see this malicious criticism has caused total confusion all round.It would have been far better if people were allowed to make up their own minds regarding the quality of Nitsas qumquat jam.
This has been another tongue in cheek posting on behalf of the Romanza PR Dept.
Yammas
Yannis

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 03:08:54 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
Hey Yiannis,

I (and Nitsa) have never doubted my likeability factor (there I'm not afraid to say it) hence the 3 jars of her Kumquat Jam (note the correct spelling), if you can't spell her jam correctly then your P.R. post is in great jeopardy (especially as I got 3 jars), perhaps I should take your place!!

YANNIS26

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »
Hey Yiannis,

I (and Nitsa) have never doubted my likeability factor (there I'm not afraid to say it) hence the 3 jars of her Kumquat Jam (note the correct spelling), if you can't spell her jam correctly then your P.R. post is in great jeopardy (especially as I got 3 jars), perhaps I should take your place!!

Hi Waspman
Congratulations on passing the test.I have missed spelt kumquat deliberately at least 6 times in recent posts.You are the only person to correct me.It was all part of my overall plan to check out the intellegence of forum members.I knew they were very good at small words.The ones Jules gets wrong when forgetting to use the spell check.I wanted to know how they coped with big words . The ones like kumquat.A word that if you put it into google to check the spelling and start QUMQ up comes the word kumquat.If you are like me and do not notice it is now spelt with a K a mistake will be made.Once again congratulations Waspman.I should have known it would be you that would pass the test.A man intelligent beyond his years and one who recognises a brilliant hotel when he finds one.
As regards you taking over the Romanza PR Dept.Do you think you could be man enough to step into my shoes and accept the charges thrown at me by fellow forum members.One actually accused me of being boring.A far worst accusation than yours that I can't spell.
Another tongue in cheek posting from the PR Dept. Will it be my last.Am I about to face the fate of many a Labour MP and be deselected. That can,t be right I never even claimed for the jam.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:08:00 PM by YANNIS26 »

don

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:05 PM »
Hi Waspman
Congratulations on passing the test.I have missed spelt kumquat deliberately at least 6 times in recent posts.You are the only person to correct me.It was all part of my overall plan to check out the intellegence of forum members.I knew they were very good at small words.The ones Jules gets wrong when forgetting to use the spell check.I wanted to know how they coped with big words . The ones like kumquat.A word that if you put it into google to check the spelling and start QUMQ up comes the word kumquat.If you are like me and do not notice it is now spelt with a K a mistake will be made.Once again congratulations Waspman.I should have known it would be you that would pass the test.A man intelligent beyond his years and one who recognises a brilliant hotel when he finds one.
As regards you taking over the Romanza PR Dept.Do you think you could be man enough to step into my shoes and accept the charges thrown at me by fellow forum members.One actually accused me of being boring.A far worst accusation than yours that I can't spell.
Another tongue in cheek posting from the PR Dept. Will it be my last.Am I about to face the fate of many a Labour MP and be deselected. That can,t be right I never even claimed for the jam.
Yammas
Yannis

Could you also explain the difference between commas and apostrophes as I feel we could all benefit from your superior knowledge of the English language?

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »

Certainly Don,  I'm pleased to be of help, (Note two commas and one apostrophe so far)

Comma
A punctuation mark (,) used to indicate the separation of elements within the grammatical structure of a sentence.

Apostrophe
The mark (') used to indicate the omission of one or more letters from a printed word.

If you need any more help, feel free to contact me.

Regards
Waspman

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2010, 02:24:41 AM »
Yannis - Nitsa knows I would never cast aspersions on the quality of her Jam!

and it looks like old Waspy stung you there!! LOL

Waspy - Me-thinks you spend too much time looking in the mirror chanting - "I like you - I like you - I like you"!! LOL  ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2010, 02:40:30 AM »
Dear Waspman,

The second comma in your explanation is wrongly placed, and shouldn't be there at all, hence making the "two" in the parenthetical comment inaccurate. The capital N is incorrect inside the parentheses. As you are introducing a list, the first sentence should be terminated with a colon (although that might cause some confusion with the thread concerning SS sewage). The list items are more usually terminated with semicolons.

Those of us who have not yet had the privilege of eating, but are becoming increasingly fascinated by, the Romanza breakfast, with its alleged partiality in portions of Kumquat jam, may feel that more care should be taken by existing and potential representatives of the Romanza PR team to hone their English to the highest possible standards. The Romanza sits like Mount Olympus at the very summit of SS, and it seems that only the most distinguished Gods of this Forum are permitted to dwell there and partake of the ritual morning meal. We mere mortals can merely peer upwards into the mists and wonder at the graciousness of it all. Please do not disillusion us by carelessly tossing off sentences unworthy of these blessed heights.    

don

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:39 AM »
Why do so many people keep bringing the Romanza breakfast up?  ::)

YANNIS26

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
Hi All
In light of the fiasco that has developed over the Romanza Breakfast postings I thought I would examine them after a good nights sleep.To think it went downhill fast all because when I hit the wrong key and ended up with the word can,t spelt thus.Such a minor error to cause such a furore.
Let us go back to the start and see what went wrong.
Tony posted a tongue in cheek remark regarding the jam.Interpreted as they coudn't get rid of it fast enough.No problem there.
I responded with an equally tongue in cheek responce saying had Waspman and Mikee got what Nitsa thought of them confused.In my opinion no problem there.
Waspman responded with the posting back on the likeability factor and pointing out my error in my spelling of kumquat.A posting in hindsight I believe was a mistake.Sorry Waspman.
I responded with another tongue in cheek response saying I did it to set a test for the spelling police.Once again in my opinion no problem.
For some unknown reason Dons responce could only centre on my misplaced apostrophe.
Waspman for some reason jumped to my defence to give a lecture on grammar.All I can say on that is this again was an error of judgement,I am a big boy and can fight my own battles .
Tony then decides to have a go at Waspman and also decides to deny the comments re Nitsas jam.Tony I know your comments were meant to be a joke and I responded in the same vein.
From then on in it really went downhill with Jimbo getting involved and rightly or wrongly correcting Waspmans grammar.I woudn't have a clue who is correct.This was followed up with comments on the Romanza PR Dept and ther grasp of the English language.I will accept that in the tongue in cheek way I hope it was intended.
Then comes the comment by Don on bringing up the Romanza Breakfast.This in my book was the final straw.
I hope we all  examine our posts and having done so for god sake chill out and see the funny side of things .
Depending on the reaction to this missive depends my continued membership of this forum.
Now is your chance to get rid of me once and for all.If the type of postings I have witnessed lately continue I certainly will not miss it .
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
Sorry, Yannis

We were only (mostly) treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. I will try not to do it again.

Relax - we love you.

Maybe we should remember that this is the most literal case of a storm in a teacup you're likely to find.

Best wishes

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni