Author Topic: new member..want some info.....  (Read 12637 times)

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
new member..want some info.....
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:20:07 AM »
 ;) hi everyone....just joined as i ave booked to go to san stefanos next year in july....it looks a lovely place and very chilled out....please can you give me advice on the best places to eat,drink etc....we are staying at the kapetanios apts so any info on these would be very welcome....hope its the relaxing place it reads to be....thanks....

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: new member..want some info.....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
hi claret we have stayed in the kapetanios apts 3 times they are lovely and very clean,the hills a little steep up to them but ya get used to it,we came back 4 weeks ago and are going back in 5 weeks time we love it and am sure you will,tony and don will give you lots of advice about ss as they are experts and have been there hundreds of times before,they helped me out a lot with advice,hope you have a great time...... lisa and andy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »
Hi claret and blue. Welcome to the forums. Kapetanios are just a little further up the hill from Teresa where we stay so the views will be great. Plenty of places to eat in the village and we all have our favourites for different reasons. The place certainly is chilled friendly and welcoming so you will be guaranteed a great time. We have been going since 2000 and have never encountered any problems (no lager louts) . The locals will always make you feel welcome and you probably will meet others from off this site as well which always ends with long term friendhsip.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
oops sorry claret,forgot to add jules to my list of experts too

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
thank you everyone.....sounds just my cup of tea.....its our first time on hol without the kids!!!!!! yipee!!!!! cant wait to chill.....keep all the info coming..... :D

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
Hi claret and welcome,
SS is truly a relaxing place to be, this will be our 2nd visit to SS, although we did stay at Agios Georgios North which is fairly close by a few years ago. This is the 1st time that we have ever returned to the same resort. The beach is lovely, the locals are friendly/helpful and there are lots of lovely tavernas to choose from, there are also some nice walks to the next bay of Arillis or walks through the olive groves. Last time we were half board at Athina Hotel and we have opted for self-catering this time so we can sample many of the tavernas. Last time we hired a quad bike and travelled to Kassiopi stopping on the way at most of the other resorts/towns we then headed back to SS then continued in the opposite direction to Pagi which is just above  Agios Georgios North.
We really enjoyed the entertainment at the Condor bar on some of the evenings and other times we went for a relaxed evening at Athens bar or bar 38.
I am sure you will enjoy your holiday.

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:53:44 PM »
 ;) thanks for that info lilly...i am goin to write down all the bars and resturants so that i can look out for them wen i get there.....sounds a lovely place :D :D

Offline BlueBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »
Hi Claretand Blue i am a newbie on this site we go back in July that will be our 14th time. We stayed at the Kapitanios for 5years had a great time but the kids were growing up and wanted to be where the music is.My oldest daughter is 22 and she still comes with her boyfriend its just that type of place. We come from Scotland and met friends from Carlisle and now we all come together we have niko from the Athens bar to thank for that one thing is for sure you will never be lonely. Cheers

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 07:04:33 PM »
Kapetanios does have a webpage where you can click onto see some photos as well.  www.kapetanioscorfu.com.  Hope that helps its a nice place great views and a lovely pool.

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
thanks to everyone for the info....i know its a yr away but cant wait......sounds ideal....am sure we will sample the bars!!! been on the website looks great.... ;) ;)

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
 ;D how STEEP is the hill up to the kapetanios apts???? am not scared of a good climb!!!!! just thinkin of my hubby after a few lemonades!!! lol....... ;D ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 11:41:37 PM »
Its steep but if I can manage it anyone can lol! :) :o
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 01:59:30 AM »
jules
you only go half way ;D ;D to capt nicos
to many lemonades you may go all the way

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
Hi Claret and Blue, welcome - Don and I are both away on Holiday, (Not together either!) phew!!
(He snores!!), Don & Sandra are in SS, we are in Dalyan, for a short 12 day break and in SS on Aug 30th..
Next July will be great!
Try all the above, Bars- - - - Condor, Athens, Aquarios & Bar38.
Mythica, Beachcomber Bistro and many other good restaurants, all good!!
Must go - have a great time - we are off to dinner!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »
 :D cheers for the info tony..will defo try all them.....hope your avin a good hol......

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni