Author Topic: Vicky Apts and Delfino Blu  (Read 30550 times)

Double Dee

Vicky Apts and Delfino Blu
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
I am looking to book either Vicky or Delfino and am looking for information on both.

What are the rooms like?
Are they cleaned on a regular basis?
Are the staff friendly and helpful?
Do they have good sea views?
Are the swimming pools and pool areas well maintained?
Do the pool bars/restaurants offer value for money?

I would appreciate replies only from members that have stayed in either within the last 2 - 3 years.  Many thanks :)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Vicky Apts and Delfino Blu
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
Stayed in the Vicky a coup;e of years ago and the rooms were great. Still use their pool all the time as it is very clean, the people are friendly and it has fantastic views over the bay.

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
Double Dee are you booking for this year or next year.  I have just booked the Vicky for Sept 2011 got a good deal from local travel agent.  Better than Thomas Cook could offer.  We have never stayed there but have walked through several times and thought the pool and bar area looked great.  Only ?????? weeks to go.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:35:02 AM »
What are the rooms like?
Are they cleaned on a regular basis?
Are the staff friendly and helpful?
Do they have good sea views?
Are the swimming pools and pool areas well maintained?
Do the pool bars/restaurants offer value for money?
I hope you don't mind me replying, after reading your other post!
I thought this might help - - - Links below.
Our friends we often travel with stayed in the Vicky the year before last, they had nothing but praise,
rooms high quality & cleaned daily, (not Sundays), sheets changed twice a week then.
Swimming pool and Pool Bar clean and nice. We stayed there some years back and they have improved since then.
The rooms are lovely and we sat on their balcony one evening watching the sun go down over the bay - good view from the first floor.
Bar prices are similar throughout the resort, Restaurants vary, most do set meals for around €9 each.
I can't speak for the Delfino, but the Manager showed us around that year and the whole Hotel is of a superior quality, with prices to match the extra luxury.

http://www.delfinoblu.gr/

http://vickypoolapartments.com

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Double Dee

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
Lol Tony, of course I don't mind your reply.  It's all very helpful and will probably try to get a deal on the Vicky for later in the year.  Delfino looks lovely, even if it is a bit pricey.

What I was going to ask is SS upmarket like some of the resorts on the mainland and Mykonos?  I'm not a snob or anything like that.  It's just that if SS is a 'normal down to earth' resort, I don't understand why someone would build a hotel of that calibre in a resort like San Stefanos.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »
Hi Double Dee

It's a weird one.

We stayed in Skala, Kefalonia a couple of years ago at the 9 Muses. Although the rooms were nothing overly special, the public grounds and pools in the hotel were stunning. It was run by a Greek girl who'd lived and worked in America for a lot of years. So it was Greek hospitality with American efficiency!! Cost wise it would cost us around £700 per couple more for 2 weeks there than the Romanza in San Stef at the same time.

Just couldn't justify it this year. Skala's very much a 'normal' resort like I'm guessing San Stef is. I guess some people just want that little bit of extra 'wow' factor

YANNIS26

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
Lol Tony, of course I don't mind your reply.  It's all very helpful and will probably try to get a deal on the Vicky for later in the year.  Delfino looks lovely, even if it is a bit pricey.

What I was going to ask is SS upmarket like some of the resorts on the mainland and Mykonos?  I'm not a snob or anything like that.  It's just that if SS is a 'normal down to earth' resort, I don't understand why someone would build a hotel of that calibre in a resort like San Stefanos.
Hi Double Dee
You will do well to listen to Tonys advice. He has lots lots of useful information on the village as he has been visiting on a yearly basis since 1983. The one thing I find amazing is how he remembers it all at his age.
To get back to the Delfino yes it is an upmarket hotel and it comes with upmarket prices.Is it better than other hotels in the village.I think the answer lies in the question do you want value for money.In my opinion you can get a 2 week holiday in a number of hotels in the village at a fraction of the cost of the Delfino.
These may lack the facilities of the Delfino but more than make up for it it with their welcome and service.
Is San Stefanos an upmarket resort.I will say only that it suits me and hundreds of other return visitors.The reasons being.
1 No snobs
2 No yobs
3Excellent Tavernas at competitive prices
4Local people that make you feel one of the family.
5 Family orientated.
6Local travel agent with trips of excellent value and a lot cheaper than the Tour Operators including boat trips from the local harbour.
7 Wonderful scenery and a safe beach.
Hope this helps
Yammas
Yannis

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:12:56 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
I can only back up what Yannis has said about the resort, it's not upmarket in the sense that the yacht club / villa set don't come here,
San Stefanos North West, which is very pretty and upmarket, is more of that vein - No yobs or lager louts so far over the years, it's not an 18/30 type resort.
Normal family / couple's resort, but where the Local People go the extra mile to make you feel part of the place - even one of the family if you return again.

It's fairly typical Corfu / Greek type Apartments and Hotels, so generally a touch basic but comfortable,
although apartments like Sugar & Almond / Vicki / Margarita's (check out San Stefanos travel as well - Noula is the owner - they also do airport transfers).
 http://www.san-stefano.gr/    also look at  http://www.fedramare.gr/
Those and some of the other new builds tend to be far more plush and well fitted out than the older apartments and a touch more expensive than the regular ones.
Good luck with your choice, Easyjet flies there daily from some airports.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 03:18:15 PM »
Vicky apartments €30 per night for 2 people beginning September 2nd 2011 for 14 nights. Almost tempted. What does anyone else think?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
Go for it!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Would say if you get some good flights cheaply with easyjet for 15 euros per person per night with pool, bar and self catering go for it too!!!!!! Even a travel lodge costs double that now in UK and without the views or location!!!!!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »
Same as Don, go for it!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »
Flights at the moment are coming in at over £ 600.00 from Manchester for the 2 of us. Anyone got any companies I can try
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline johny rebel

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
Just booked teresa appatments self catering 23may 2011 2weeks 2 people £676  from manchester  good flights

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 10:45:43 PM »
Terrible price - don't give up - also Google "Flights from Manchester to Corfu", for a list of Airlines / Tour Agents that Go to Corfu!!
Easyjet won't show Sept 2011 just yet, worth waiting!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni