Author Topic: News from San Stef  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
News from San Stef
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
Returned from a week in San Stef 2am yesterday morning and thought you may be interested in what's new and what ain't.

First up the weather - arrived midnight Friday 21st and it was decidely cold - for a moment I thought our plane had just circled Bristol for 3 hours and landed where we started from. Blankets on the bed - brrrrrrrrrr. After that frosty start the weather improved markedly from Saturday afternoon onwards (mid to low 20's) culminating in 31 and 32 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday which was much more like it.

Changes - the old Bar 38 is shut down and the new one is taking shape. There have been delays as Spiro was taken ill 6/7 weeks ago and was in a coma in Athens until early last week (bleed on brain apparently). As I understand it he's starting to improve and Hilary is hoping to have the bar open by mid-June. The Olive Press looks shut for good with no activity at all. I didn't notice any completed new places just a few in the progress of being built. One thing I did see was the expansion of the Delfino Blu which will soon have another outside pool and an inside one as well along with a spa. It will probably cost you an arm and a leg to stay though.

Food/beer prices - we ate at Zorba's (twice), Little Prince, Beachcomber, Sunset and Waves. Prices had gone up a little on some things except for the Waves which seemed noticeably more expensive than the others including the Beachcomber e.g. Tzatsiki at Zorba's 2e's and 4 at the Waves. Beer prices seemed pretty much as normal to be honest though I did notice an increase in supermarket prices - though that may just be what I bought rather than a universal price hike.

Beach has lost 10 to 15 yards of sand due to the terrible winter but it will be back I'm told.

Going back in July for another 2-weeks - can't wait. Hope this was of help.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: News from San Stef
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »
Forgot to mention the exchange rate - it ranged from 1.11 to 1.16 during the week - wild variations. On top of that the price varied depending where you went but I found the place next door but one to the new Bar 38 and opposite the Condor the best.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Thanks for all that Tredegar Boy
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline mart24x7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »
As Tredegar Boy says weather wise spot on... it did take a dive first thing fri 28th but it had recovered when we got to the airport.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
Thanks for the info you lot!! Interesting - seems to be within reason any price increases!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni