Author Topic: Transfer time from airport  (Read 10665 times)

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Transfer time from airport
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »
Hi
Can anybody tell me please the transfer time from the airport. I am traveling with Thomson, in the brochure they have time as 2 1/2 hrs is this right ? Seems a long time to me.
Many thanks
Heidi

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer time from airport
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 03:12:15 PM »
It all depends on the amount of drop offs and traffic. We once only took 1hour 30 mins but that was late at night. The longest it took was 3hrs 30 mins. The return journey to the airport once took us 4hrs 45 minutes but that was most unusual. As you can see it is impossible to give a definite time just try to sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I would advise you take water with you. Sometimes it can be bought on the coach but not always.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
Welcome to the forums Heidi. Is this your first time to SS and where are you staying?

Last year we had our quickest ever at just under 1 hour - but we were one of the first drop offs when previously we have been one of the last drop offs which have normally been about 2.5 hours. Definitely make sure you have a drink with you as sometimes the transfer coach can have more than 1 flight on it which can cause delays .

If you need any further help please ask as someone will always answer as quick as possible.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:13:41 PM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
hi both
staying at Thomas Bay, not until Sept 2011 unfortunately. I always book way in advance !! Really does look a gorgeous place, i will probably bombard you with loads of questions nearer the time
Thanks again
Heidi

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »
Hi Heidi
We are also staying at the Thomas bay hotel first two weeks in Sept, will we see you there???
Transfers:
We have never had one longer than the quoted 2 1/2 hours max, and that was with lots of drop-offs.
By Taxi we usually do it in 50 mins, Coaches can do it in an hour if direct to there.
Last year by mini-coach it took around an hour.
Year before last it was via Thomsons and around 1 hour 20 mins - aso it varies a lot.
NB. Our record run by Taxi was about 10 years ago when Crazy George drove like a maniac and did it in 35 mins,
but I needed a stiff drink afterwards!!!
Expect around 1 1/2 hours as average from Thomsons - - - and fingers crossed!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
Hi
Are you going this year or next, sadly I've got to wait until 2011 !!
Heidi

don

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
Hi Heidi
We are also staying at the Thomas bay hotel first two weeks in Sept, will we see you there???
Transfers:
We have never had one longer than the quoted 2 1/2 hours max, and that was with lots of drop-offs.
By Taxi we usually do it in 50 mins, Coaches can do it in an hour if direct to there.
Last year by mini-coach it took around an hour.
Year before last it was via Thomsons and around 1 hour 20 mins - aso it varies a lot.
NB. Our record run by Taxi was about 10 years ago when Crazy George drove like a maniac and did it in 35 mins,
but I needed a stiff drink afterwards!!!
Expect around 1 1/2 hours as average from Thomsons - - - and fingers crossed!

Dear 60 year old........... YOU really should go to Specsavers !!!!!!! Yours is 2010 their's 2011           ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 04:18:45 AM »
Thanks Don - I missed that - still at our age - it's a wonder you spotted it! LOL

don

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:12:22 PM »
"OUR AGE!"       You cheeky old s*d!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
We are talking a matter of months not decades - so who's a cheeky boy really!! LOL ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni