Author Topic: Holiday report  (Read 19226 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday report
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2022, 12:13:07 AM »
Thank you all. Gillie is starting to get some appetite back. She never has much in the evening, but I served her salmon cooked in the oven in butter and olive oil, French beans, a few hand-cut chips and mayonnaise, with grapes and a glass of milk, in bed, and she ate the lot. I had a sirloin steak and chips, following my doctor's orders to eat more red meat. I take the fact that I could actually be arsed to cook as a sign of recovery. Standards in our little hospital are definitely improving! I do need a better nurse's outfit: T-shirt and tracky-bottoms don't really meet the standards of the food. Where can I buy something cute from the Carry On era?

I'm sad for those who didn't go the Ag Stef this year. It was great, and now I'm feeling better I'm feeling the benefit. I'm sure the massive dose of vitamin D we had from the sunshine has helped, and also the sheer pleasure of eating out and meeting people after the long hibernation. 

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2022, 12:46:57 AM »
Wish I were at your house for dinner, Jim, sounds delicious! Yes we have missed going to San Stef and missed all our friends. So glad you and Gillie are  feeling better, take it easy for the next few days.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2022, 08:19:34 PM »
Pleased to hear Gillie is on the mend and that you are honing your culinary skills Jim. Last day for us tomorrow then home Monday. Currently 7.15pm and enjoying the last of the evening sun on Manthos beds as there’s a lovely cooling wind today.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2022, 09:13:45 PM »
Pleased to hear Gillie is on the mend and that you are honing your culinary skills Jim. Last day for us tomorrow then home Monday. Currently 7.15pm and enjoying the last of the evening sun on Manthos beds as there’s a lovely cooling wind today.

You must just be getting used to it BAJ, it reckons it's still 32c there!
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2022, 12:20:58 AM »
Pleased to say that Gillie tested negative at last. Big relief.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2022, 11:05:13 AM »
Pleased to say that Gillie tested negative at last. Big relief.

That is brilliant Jim and yes a big relief. I hope you are well too.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni