Author Topic: Holiday report  (Read 19223 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday report
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 12:02:46 AM »
Well, I guess we're now paying the price for our lovely holiday. Gillie tested positive this afternoon, and is in bed feeling extremely tired. I'm negative and just averagely old-fart tired.

The incubation period for Omicron is about three days. That correlates perfectly with our trip back.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 12:32:13 AM »
Poor Gillie, hope she is well soon. We have 4 family members, different holidays, who now have Covid symptoms. Came back in the last few days..

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 12:38:40 AM »
Sending my hugs for Gillie xxxx

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 01:49:30 AM »
I feel a bit angry. I know that there are many on here who are against masks, but I think the decision to drop the requirement for masks in public places was beyond stupid. The airport departure lounge was crowded, with dysfunctional air-conditioning and scarcely a mask in sight. I have no doubt that was the source. 

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 02:39:08 AM »
Hope you will both be feeling better very soon and agree totally regarding the wearing of masks.  I have a friend just returned from Italy who tested positive on her return. 

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2022, 03:44:20 AM »
Sorry to read that Jim, hope you both recover soon. We were definitely a minority who wore masks at airport and on board on our outbound flight. Your post has reinforced we will do the same on our return next week

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2022, 11:16:39 AM »
I agree Jim..I think masks should still be worn at airports and on the plane.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
Val, thanks for your reply, that’s a relief! Jim, hope you both feel better soon.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2022, 02:38:49 PM »
Hope all is well soon Jimbo. On the mask issue, whether intentional or not a decision not to have them has been made. I don’t know if it alone would stop us travelling, but many other factors would (and it would be a minor one). To be honest we can no longer decide if covid is a danger to us or not. Most of our family have now had covid but only one of them was what we would class as ill enough to go to their bed. So I guess we have become a bit blasé about it, which of course could be a bit of a danger. It is certainly on the wane here once again, but there would be no surprises to me if a new strain took off at some point.  The long term impact of covid is a big worry as I don’t think we know the half of it in terms of our health, economy and future prospects. For now I'll sit at home growing my veg...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2022, 12:27:42 AM »
Fingers crossed, but Gillie has been sitting in the garden for several hours today, and feeling a bit better. NHS response has been very good - call-backs within 30 minutes and we'll know tomorrow whether she gets antiviral drugs. Three weeks in Corfu will have elevated our vitamin D levels, which is vital for the immune response.

I'm still testing negative. Gillie keeps telling me to stay away from her, which I guess is pretty normal after a 40 year relationship. I was going to do some writing, but didn't - partly because I'm not 100% and anyway saved by a pneumatic drill just across the road from my study. Fortunately, the only noise in the garden is bird song.

If Gillie comes through this unscathed I will be very happy. I've tried to keep her safe for two and a half years, and feel a bit of a failure that she has it now. My turn next.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »
Jim of course you're not a failure, short of staying indoors forever, anyone of us can catch the virus, as I did a month ago, may have caught it at Tescos! Fortunately John didn't get it, which I'm pleased about, as he is vulnerable. You're obviously doing a grand job, looking after Gillie. Hope you both improve soon. Karen x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2022, 03:28:40 PM »
I'm pleased to say that Gillie is well on the way to recovery. She's been up and in the garden every day, and apart from a bit of tiredness (not excessive) she is not suffering at all.

I suspect I have it with a very low viral load, because I've been very tired, but feeling a bit more perky today. With a bit of luck I'll resume working on Almond II on Monday.

NHS have been excellent. Antiviral drugs offered, but decided that Gillie was not so seriously ill as to warrant taking them.

Love to all.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2022, 03:47:07 PM »
That's brilliant news Jim, very pleased to hear that.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2022, 05:44:31 PM »
Yes, very good to hear Jimbo.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 07:23:31 PM »
All the best to you both Jimbo.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni