Author Topic: Amber and what it means ?  (Read 13840 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Amber and what it means ?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 01:21:36 AM »
The government has got itself into a right old mess over this. Something is either legal or not legal. I think we all grasp this. Jumping off a fifty-foot cliff into the sea may be risky, but it's legal.

As I se it, it's not the going that's illegal or dangerous - it's the price tag for coming back. I'd replace the categories with:

RED = GOLD. £1,750 per person for a stay in a crap hotel watching daytime TV (probably extra), plus about £350 in tests, plus pariah status.
AMBER = DARE-YOU. We can turn this to GOLD anytime we feel like it. Think you're clever? We'll make new rules before you've had your first Mythos.
GREEN = OH, GO ON, THEN. There's nothing in the school rules that says you can't eat chocolate biscuits. But we won't like you. In fact, we hope you get Herpes so we can say "We told you so." 

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 11:48:41 AM »
The government has got itself into a right old mess over this. Something is either legal or not legal. I think we all grasp this. Jumping off a fifty-foot cliff into the sea may be risky, but it's legal.

As I se it, it's not the going that's illegal or dangerous - it's the price tag for coming back. I'd replace the categories with:

RED = GOLD. £1,750 per person for a stay in a crap hotel watching daytime TV (probably extra), plus about £350 in tests, plus pariah status.
AMBER = DARE-YOU. We can turn this to GOLD anytime we feel like it. Think you're clever? We'll make new rules before you've had your first Mythos.
GREEN = OH, GO ON, THEN. There's nothing in the school rules that says you can't eat chocolate biscuits. But we won't like you. In fact, we hope you get Herpes so we can say "We told you so."

Sums it up pretty nicely Jimbo ... and cheered me up too!  ;D 

Offline Paul and Ruth

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
  Absolutely spot on jimbo  ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 01:47:37 PM »
Desperate to appear to be on all sides.
Don't ban holidays and upset millions but make it as difficult s you can for people to return so that they won't actually want to go.
However many have bookings from last year but know they will not be able to isolate due to work etc and will have little choice but to cancel and lose their money.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »
We have moved our holiday to next year, so have lost no money, in fact it was cheaper than last year, as we changed our accomodation.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 09:37:18 PM by Karen »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2021, 11:37:54 PM »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 02:49:43 AM »
Asked on BBC Breakfast whether it was responsible to go on holiday to an amber country, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said: "The guidance is not to. We've said you should only go to amber countries in exceptional circumstances

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »
Well we have today already landed another TUI MAN flight and BA LHR due in any minute now......
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:48:46 PM by Lesley »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2021, 05:06:37 PM »
Well we have today already landed another TUI MAN flight and BA LHR due in any minute now......

That's good. Are tavernas and bars open there now?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2021, 06:22:01 PM »
Yes for the amount of visitors and more opening when more guests arrive, you never go hungry or thirsty here afterall......

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »
Yes for the amount of visitors and more opening when more guests arrive, you never go hungry or thirsty here afterall......

You certainly dont! Love the food there, Nafsika, 2stars and kebab place opposite Silver Moon, are our favourites.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2021, 09:34:33 PM »
Corfu made National Greek TV news interviewing UK guests arriving as another TUI this time LGW arrived early evening and then an Easyjet MAN coming in after 10pm.  That's 4 UK flights today alone with one from Brussels etc....... and more due again tomorrow.  I so enjoy watching flight radar. 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni