Author Topic: Amber and what it means ?  (Read 13841 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Amber and what it means ?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »
43 new cases yesterday in Corfu!!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
43 new cases yesterday in Corfu!!!

Probably as a result of the Easter celebrations..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »
I think that was on Thursday. Yesterday was 10.

Today's Ekathimerini reports on plans for a new "green pass" for tourists. It's too long to quote, so you can read it here: https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1160796/tourist-season-with-green-pass-nears/

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:25 PM »
But on reading it through I don't see the UK included in the "green pass".. Could be wrong, though almost every EU country is mentioned.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 02:16:14 PM »
It's EU only, or others with an agreement. I suspect that in practice it means Arillas will be full of Germans and Agios Stefanos will be devoid of Brits!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 10:55:00 AM »
The Greek Government is still advising both Domestic & International travel opens in Greece on May 15th - being this Saturday.  Maybe we will hear more defined conditions then?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »
Ekathimerini today (Tuesday 11/05/2021):

On Thursday, moreover, detailed announcements are also expected regarding tourism by Minister Haris Theocharis. According to what is known so far, visitors will not be able to enter Greece without a negative molecular test, conducted up to 72 hours previously, or a vaccination certificate.

Yesterday Enimerosi reported that Corfu would be setting up two test centres in the north of the island. My guess would be at Sidari and Kassiopi. Whether those will be available for tourists is not clear - but it could be a nice little source of income!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 09:01:00 PM »
53 new cases today..

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2021, 07:33:02 PM »
25 new cases today, brings total to 237 this month...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
Lots of confusion around the amber list..so whilst it's not illegal to travel to these countries, Boris is saying we should not travel to these countries for holidays..I'm confused!

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »
Karen, I think the government are confused too. They should just be clear and have a consistent message. Ministers can’t agree themselves what it means. They need some input about how to deliver clear communication! The problem has arisen and the reason tour operators and airlines are  flying there is because FCDO state you can travel to some of the islands, including Corfu, which has always been the criteria used. But the amber COVID rules for entering the uk from these countries and islands are advising you ‘shouldn’t’ travel for leisure.
They need to sort it one way or the other.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2021, 02:10:39 PM »
They definitely need to be clearer BAJ. It's not illegal so people will make a personal choice whether to travel or not. There will be those who can't isolate, on their return, so let's hope it turns green on June 7th..although I doubt it will...hopefully things will become more clear.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2021, 05:45:02 PM »
Listening to BBC 2 this afternoon, the Travel Minister said  - It was dangerous to travel?  Did he mean anywhere of just Internationally?  Again not clear or concise,  travel is travel so is it now dangerous to get on a train, bus etc after all his title is Travel?

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2021, 06:56:04 PM »
Apparently now BoJo has announced in Parliament that if you travel anywhere on the Amber list you can be open to a Ł10,000 fine...No idea what he is talking about, think he has finally lost the plot! So what do you get for travelling somewhere on the red list? Lethal injection, stoning?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2021, 07:31:51 PM »
Listening to BBC 2 this afternoon, the Travel Minister said  - It was dangerous to travel?  Did he mean anywhere of just Internationally?  Again not clear or concise,  travel is travel so is it now dangerous to get on a train, bus etc after all his title is Travel?
Confusing again..but I guess it's international and pm said we should only travel to amber list countries, in the most extreme circumstances, ie, family or business..

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni