Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180184 times)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »
We go tomorrow where are you staying ?
Hi, we are at Romanza where we have stayed several times before, on a bargain package with TUI, booked 4 weeks ago.
Currently sat on the terrace overlooking the islands having a brew before breakfast.
So the whole journey was the easiest we have ever known!
Obviously owing to the reduced flights. Flew from Birmingham, small queue for bag drop then a coffee at Neros before going through security, straight through there too.
Arrived at Corfu at 7.50pm just after a Cardiff TUI flight. Cases were already on the new belts when we had passed through passport control, quick check of PLF and in the the taxi for 8.30. All very smooth.
Then it was time for a draft Corfu beer and the most delicious Stifado from Aris at Romanza followed by portokalopita, orange cakey pie! Welcome to Corfu  ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2020, 11:38:04 AM »
Sounds lovely! Have a great time 8)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »
Great stuff BAJ! Hope you have a great time, keep the updates coming ...14 days countdown for us.  :)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »
Have a lovely time BAJ-we loved Romanza, just hated Heart-attack Hill! Keep us updated

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2020, 02:05:36 AM »
Yes we loved Romanza too but unfortunately the walk back is just a bit too much for us now :(

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2020, 11:26:23 PM »
Hi, we are at Romanza where we have stayed several times before, on a bargain package with TUI, booked 4 weeks ago.
Currently sat on the terrace overlooking the islands having a brew before breakfast.
So the whole journey was the easiest we have ever known!
Obviously owing to the reduced flights. Flew from Birmingham, small queue for bag drop then a coffee at Neros before going through security, straight through there too.
Arrived at Corfu at 7.50pm just after a Cardiff TUI flight. Cases were already on the new belts when we had passed through passport control, quick check of PLF and in the the taxi for 8.30. All very smooth.
Then it was time for a draft Corfu beer and the most delicious Stifado from Aris at Romanza followed by portokalopita, orange cakey pie! Welcome to Corfu  ;D
Hi hope you had a great time, we certainly did, didnt feel that different to any other really apart from Thomas Bay being closed and in darkness, that was sad to see  :( we did see Heather and Nic a few times they are hopeful for next year being ‘normal’ whatever that will be.
Condor Bar had tribute acts on most nights and DJ and Karaoke, the main difference being everyone out by midnight and strictly no standing or dancing.
We had a fab week and so glad we went.

Trevor

« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »
Tomorrow we travel to Corfu but not to San Stefanos and the Little Prince which l was told but to Kalami and staying at the San Antonia resort.  My wife tricked me but hey beggers can’t be choosers.
As we are hiring a car I’m sure we will visit for the day.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2020, 11:42:07 AM »
Have a great holiday, Trevor!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2020, 11:59:38 AM »
Tomorrow we travel to Corfu but not to San Stefanos and the Little Prince which l was told but to Kalami and staying at the San Antonia resort.  My wife tricked me but hey beggers can’t be choosers.
As we are hiring a car I’m sure we will visit for the day.
I'm led to believe Kalami is a nice quaint village.  I've never been personally.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2020, 12:35:30 PM »
I,m sure you will enjoy Trev, keep us posted if you can, on your thoughts of Kalami. We should have been in San Steff celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary today, unfortunately, Mrs Winkie had a fall, and suffered two compressed vertebrae fractures, so sadly had to cancel. Fingers crossed we can meet up with all our friends next year.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
Happy wedding anniversary Winkie

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »
Oh sorry to hear about Mrs Winkie, hope she has a speedy recovery. Happy anniversary and have a lovely day!

geordieborn

« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »
I,m sure you will enjoy Trev, keep us posted if you can, on your thoughts of Kalami. We should have been in San Steff celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary today, unfortunately, Mrs Winkie had a fall, and suffered two compressed vertebrae fractures, so sadly had to cancel. Fingers crossed we can meet up with all our friends next year.

Sounds like an awful fall, do hope you manage to get some celebrations in for your anniversary and enjoy the day!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2020, 02:30:26 PM »
Oh dear, you must be gutted WINKIE.  Thoughts are with your poor wife.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »
We are on course for departure to Little Prince on Friday for 3 weeks.
Michael has mailed me about which apartment we would like and PLF form done.
Taxis organised both ends so fingers crossed.

Winnie I am so sorry to hear your news I do hope she recovers well and swiftly.
I will raise a glass to you and all those absent friends.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni