Author Topic: This Will Totally Ruin San Stephanos  (Read 72446 times)

Offline linda

• View Profile
Re: This Will Totally Ruin San Stephanos
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Just joined this site hoping to 'discover' SS for myself this year only to be horrified at this news.  Immediately signed the petition.  Ah well, better go soon!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2011, 01:00:54 AM »
Only time will tell - welcome to the Forum!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Splutface

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »
There is some more information on the proposed wind farm at San Stefanos at the Green Corfu Blog (http://greencorfu.wordpress.com). Click the link to the right on the blog homepage, "Meeting against windfarms on Corfu".

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
Thanks for that link splutface
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2011, 06:37:36 AM »
Any more up to date news on this issue, anyone??

Offline katmc1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
  Asked recently  at the Romanza on this and was told that it is not now going ahead.And if you think about it how could it.Due to the financial situation in greece.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:16 AM »
They're starting after they finish the Avliotes bypass.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 02:55:46 AM »
News Flash,

The by-pass will be finished soon, it is due to be opened by the Mayor of Corfu Town on the 1st July - - - er - - -  2022 that is!!
The road is actually finished, but they now cannot afford the ribbon to cut!

I suspect it actually took so long - - - because that the economy was put on the back foot owing to revelations by the new website Jimileaks.

The owner of Jimileaks is now currently in hiding in the Angola Embassy, seeking asylum, as Sweden is trying to extradite him for not being naughty enough!!
It seems they insist he finishes the job!! This is allegedly following complaints from someone called Ulrika.

Currently the wind farm debate has "hotted-up" owing to huge quantities of beans and sprouts being consumed by cliff-top dwellers whose balcony's would overlook the site.
"They must be there for a reason" voiced the editor of the Daily Snail.
The Daily Snail is currently being snubbed by the profession for failing to hack any phones at all - - it's just not teamwork!

Meanwhile Greece carries on as normal, through weekly elections, and life is actually quite good.
No one is starving, no one has jumped off high buildings, the bank cash machines all work and the tourists are flocking back -
Only Germany disapproves!

More of the latest news at 10:00pm tomorrow
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:57:31 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline katmc1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
The avliotes bypass is not finished due to the fact the builder hasnt not been paid so he has left a big gap in the road making it impassable.Non of the greek workmen have been paid even though they worked on it they were paid up to a certain point and then they got no more due to the greek government lack of payment.Now the builder has put boulders along the road where the gap was  to stop use of the road.I know this as my good
friends husband as one of the greek people to work on it and I have just come back from there.Dont hold your breathe for either events to occur.

Offline aledjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Dont panick apparently the idea has been quashed !!! we were told by one of the taxi drivers and like hairdressers they are the font of all knowledge !!

What will ruin san stef is though is the condor getting in more acts like flipping chubby brown !! what is that all about....not careful it will end up like sidari !!

Offline Hotxprezz

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
I am not sure how many people realise this but plans are being drawn up to build a huge Wind Farm just off shore from San Steph that will totally ruin the town and probably the tourist trade on which it depends.

As the Website below explains the proposal is to build 300 Wind Turbines each 550feet high, they will be situated around each of the Diapontian islands including Donkey Island just off the coast of San Steph.

http://www.aioliko.com/

This site if built will totally destroy the San Steph seascape, who will want to lie on the beach and relax in San Steph with the noise and flicker from 300 Wind Turbines for company? The famous San Steph sunset will be broken up by the line of these huge structures and the flicker at sunset will be cast across the town at dusk.

Construction of the Wind Farm will involve the movement of thousands of heavy plant and machinery and such a large industrial construction site will have a profound affect om the remote Corfu North East landscape.

If you look at the Website you will see a map of the proposed Wind Farm location and as you can see the closest turbines will be just half a mile from the beach and will tower 550feet above the sea, a similar height to Blackpool Tower.

If this goes ahead then many people including myself would be put off visiting San Steph and I am worried that it could destroy the tourist trade in the town.

If you are worried as well please sign the petition on the Website and conserve San Steph for the locals and tourists alike.

Andy

Hi ALL...I unfortunately cannot get to the website concerned to sign said petition...DNS Look-Up Failed...does anyone know if u can still sign this petition online ?? Thanx xoxo
Ker :-) !! xoxo

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Hi ALL...I unfortunately cannot get to the website concerned to sign said petition...DNS Look-Up Failed...does anyone know if u can still sign this petition online ?? Thanx xoxo
Don't think you need to worry about this Hotxprezz,these plans have probably been abandoned for now as they can't afford them,thank goodness!!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2013, 07:35:34 PM »
If you still want to express your opinion on this subject I believe you can if you go on to the Green Corfu website mentioned in Splutface's post
on May24th 2011 (see further up on this page)
If you scroll down the right hand side to "Our post per month" and click on March 17th 2011 it's all there and you can leave your comment at the bottom.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
 Excuse my bad manners Hotxprezz,I meant to add " Welcome to the forum".

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 02:05:54 AM »
Since this was first posted - it seems that these green sites are not actually as green or efficient as they promised
lots of articles on the web on this subject...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni