Author Topic: Leo :_Thomas Bay  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Leo :_Thomas Bay
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
We have just had some very sad news from Corfu regarding Dominic's brother Leo sadly to say he passed away last night from an heart attack he died in Dominic's arms. Leo used to do the breakfasts in the early days at the hotel and he finished there some years back after a stroke and spent his time between Corfu and Athens. We had a couple of holidays in Athens with Dominic and Leo when we stopped with Leo he was a lovely gentle man. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him.

Mary and Geoff

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Leo :_Thomas Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
Thanks for posting the information Mary, I also saw it on Facebook.
Leo had many, many friends, including us, we were friends way back from the time when the Thomas Bay Hotel was just "Leo's Pool Bar".
Leo will be sadly missed by all his friends and family, I feel very sad for Dominic as this must have been traumatic, but on the plus side Leo passed in the hands of family.
Leo we will remember you fondly, Condolences to all his Family, especially his Brother Dominic.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »
All of you who know the Thomas Bay over the years will probably be as saddened as we are to learn of the death of Leo. 
We always looked forward to seeing Leo when he visited San Stef from his Athens retirement home as we'd got to know him over the years. We will really miss him.

All out thoughts are now with Dominic and the rest of the family.    RIP Leo..

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35:25 PM »
Leo you will be sadly missed.Sincere condolences to Dominic and family.
Rest in peace.
Ian & Pauline.
If anyone from the Thomas Bay reads this you will know be better as Romanza.
I spent two wonderful years at the hotel approx 11 years ago and the only reason i moved to the Romanza was the Thomas Bay went half board and i prefer to eat out for dinner.
I have spent many wonderful evenings back at the Thomas Bay over the years and the welcome is always as though i never left.In fact it was Nikos who christened me Romanza and the only name he ever uses.
I would like to extend sincere condolences to Nikos, Heather & family,Stamatis & Irene may god be with you in your hour of need.Not forgetting all other members of the family i have not had the privilege to meet or the ones i have met and failed to mention by name.
Yannis26
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:05:46 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »
Sincerest condolences to all the family
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni