Author Topic: Stupid question, but...are there two Agios Stephanos????  (Read 7101 times)

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
Stupid question, but...are there two Agios Stephanos????
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »
Just bought the AA Corfu guide and according to the map on the inside cover there are two? One by Arillas in the Northwest and one by Avlaki in the North East???????

If so, which one am I going to!

Also,
Why is it Agios and not San?
 ???

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid question, but...are there two Agios Stephanos????
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »
I think there are three. There is another at the south of the island. San and Agios mean the same Saint.
San Stefanos on the north west coast is between Sidari and Arillas in the Dafni area and is a larger resort than the other.
Don't know which one you have booked for, if you post the name of your accomodation I will be able to help.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
Karen Mouse from what I remember of your posts you have booked North West as you are staying at the Athina Hotel
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:51:48 PM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »
Yes. I have just read your previous posts and you have chosen the North west San Stefanos. The Best!

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
 ;D Thanks everyone  ;D

I thought my map must be wrong! :D

Does the beach get invaded by locals in August? - the only reason I ask is because we went to a small resort on mainland Greece and happened to pick the week that the entire population of Athens were there too ::)
They practically sat on top of our sandcastles they were that close! ::) I like my space to build a moat!...erm... I mean my son does! lol!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
Karen there is plenty of beach space for everyone. Not sure when the locals go to the beach as we always go end of August and there is not that many about on the beach .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
Time is unimportant to Jules .... She says she goes at the end of August..... What she means is she goes in August and uses the End of the beach where clothing is purely optional LOL

zoe

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »
thomas cook have the hotels for san stefanos but on the map of corfu have it marked on the east coast

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:41 PM »
Thomas Cook - -the usual.
San Stefanos on the East Coast is a "so-called" upmarket resort and mainly just a harbour with a small shingle/sand thin beach.
Loads of villas' and good restaurants. Loads and loads of yachts moored there, very-very pretty from above.

But our San Stefanos where you are staying is a fantastic resort that you will love.
I have loads of Pictures of both San Stefanos's on Facebook.
Karen - if you want to see them - just ask to be my friend on facebook and you can view them.
If you want to do that send me a Personal Message (this site to tonyco1), and I will reply and give my email so you can search facebook,
for me. I have pictures of streets, venues, Beach and around the area etc. as well as usual holiday stuff.

Quite a few of the forum members have done this and checked out the pictures now, I should have some in/around the Athina as well.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni