Author Topic: Athina hotel  (Read 16964 times)

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
Athina hotel
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »
Hi folks ;D

I'm new to this forum and to San Stephanos.

I've only visited Corfu once - Kavos when it was still a village! (yes, many many years ago)

We are staying at Athina in August, half board.

Does anyone know if we can have lunch instead of dinner?

Also, which end is the nudie beach - I have a 9 year old so want to avoid it! - I can just imagine his comments! :o

thank you

Karen

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Athina hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Hi you have made a good choice by going to the athina i dont no if you can get lunch instead of dinner.
If they do lunch it will be at the pool bar.
you can ask as the staff will do anything to help.
As you come out of the hotel pool and onto the beach the nudi beach is to your right but about a mile walk.
The e mail adress is       hotelathina@yahoo.gr Just e mail Olga with any questions you have.
It may take a while for them to reply
Have a great holiday.
  Regards Harry

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »
I karen mouse regarding meals at athina hotel you can only get b/fast, and dinner if you want lunch you will have to go to the pool bar which only does snacks or out side the hotel there is a good snack bar called aquarious run by a person called glen from sheffield i recommend this bar you will olso meet members of the forum here you have booked a loverly hotel its got the biggest swimming pool ithink in corfu my wife and i have stayed here twice to years ago  we come back to san /stef twice a year you and you family will love this place and return again to gods country  .yammos mike

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »
Hi Karen Mouse (Lucky your name wasn't Minnie!!) LOL

Regarding the Athina Hotel; I have stayed there twice and my brother 3 times, over the years.
They do not usually offer the option of Lunch instead of Dinner,
they may do a pack lunch if you have booked an excursion, but this would have to be negotiated, and collected in the Morning.
They definately would not allow us to have lunch in the pool bar instead of dinner, when we stayed there.
My advice is to ask - you may get lucky if you ask nicely, find the owner/manager and ask him, directly.
He usually sits on a stool at the end of the Bar during Dinner, but don't get your hopes up too high!

Regarding the Nudie Beach,
as you walk through the Athina, past the pool and onto the Beach, the Nudie Beach is to the right,
and generally starts just before the visible end of the beach, where it's quite wide and they usually go towards the back of the beach.
If you were to walk there, the Naturists will be found in various spots along the next section of beach around the bend
and under the cliffs. They often have small sun-tents and never use the beach beds, so its past the last of the beach beds.
The rest of the beach is mixed costume and topless, the least amount of topless bathing is often to the left in front of the
Waves Restaurant - to Manthos Taverna section - but you may still find some topless there as well.
I hope this helps
I hope you have a great Holiday
When are you going?

We will be there in early Sept.
Best Regards and welcome to the Forum
Tony and Linda

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
Thanks everyone ;D

I'm really looking forward to it. Diet already started to squeeeeeeeeze into my swimsuit! (although I'm sure all the dieting will end when I smell all that delicious greek food! - My hubby wants to know where the best kleftiko and stifado is served?

Also, for those who have stayed there - we have a "partial seaview" - room for 2 adults and 1 child - is there any particular room to request? or any in particular to avoid?

thank you :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:40:17 PM by karen mouse »

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »
Hi all the rooms are about the same have you booked through thomson or direct to athina.
if you are on same level as receptoin room 7 or 2and 3 are good.
regards Harry

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »
We booked with Thomson. I'll make a note of rooms 2,3 and 7 - thank you :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:20:56 AM »
Partial sea-view is normally one of the rooms facing the road where the Olympia restaurant is, (side of the hotel),
and when on the balcony, you have a view of the "end" of the bay.
The sea-view rooms face the main part of the beach and the pool.
All the rooms are of the same standard and good for Greece.

The best Kleftico - you are likely to get several opinions on this, but most venues are of similar good standard, a bit different to the Cypriot version.
The Sunset does a really nice one, so does the Olympia Restaurant and Two Stars.
As you are half board - take a stroll and check out the places first.
I and most of our friends have found that the Mythica Restaurant, (left at the Barras), does really great food, brill menu,
I don't remember if they do Kleftico, I would think it would be very good if they do.
The little Prince disappointed slightly last year with my Kleftico, but they do a fantastic sizzling steak.
Likewise, Zorba's Kleftico was similar to the Little Prince last year, very nice, but we've had better.
Just our Opinion - as I said others will say the opposite.
Also for a treat and good night out try the Beachcomber Bistro - one of the best 'different' Restaurants there.

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »
thanks for all the recomendations. We like to eat out in the evening, so we wont be using the Athina every night for dinner. It sounds like we have plenty to choose from. My mouth s watering at the thought of my stifado already!

thanks for the view info too. All the sea view were already booked so we had to settle for partial. Oh well, as long as we're not over a disco or noisy bar I'm sure we'll enjoy the balcony whatever the view:)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »
Hi dont worry about the noise from disco or bars you dont hear this in san stef'
 http://corfu-info.com/main/-webcam.html
copy and paste this into your adress bar and it will be the san stef web cam and this shows the beach as you walk out the hotel pool that is if tou have not got it.
Regards Harry

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:49:19 PM »
Thank you Harry ;D - I'd not seen that before.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
Karen
This link will also be very useful.

http://corfu-info.com/main/san-stefanos-map.html

You can see the resort - your hotel and pool (the biggest - right on the beach), and all places are flagged on the Sat-Map

If you want to see Our photos of San Stefanos, 2009 & from previous years as well, I have them on facebook.
You are welcome to see them - just ask to be my friend - search tonyco1 (Tony Cox), and I will ok it.
I took lots of pictures around the resort including most streets and places to eat, as well as the beach and some of the walks up on the top headland.
We took our Grandson there last year so some of him and all the digging he made me do on the beach!! LOL
I hope this helps you
Tony and Linda

Offline karen mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 12:20:13 PM »
thanks again. great map - gives me a good idea of where we are in relation to the restaurants mentioned etc.

I think I've found you on facebook - I've sent a friend request - thank you :) 
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos - All that digging on the beach keeps you fit! - we do the same with our son - we often have people stop to admire our castles :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:30:15 PM by karen mouse »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Not yet received a request - I have sent you a personal message (on this forum).

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni