Author Topic: Today Only - First of Thompsons Sales  (Read 6959 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Today Only - First of Thompsons Sales
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »
Hi - check out the first of Thompsons Sales - Ends Midnight today.
Found I can now save £326 (couple), off the previously advertised holiday - at the Thomas Bay
All going cheap - check it out
Don't say I didn't tell you!!

Expect other Sales over Xmas!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Today Only - First of Thompsons Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
Sorry Tony, posted this on the other thread just now. I've prob not been watching so thoroughly on price movements as you, as we've now booked 'private', but didn't seem that much cheaper, but if you say TB is then fair enough.

Just checked Portland and Thomsons, and to be fair Tony i didn't notice that much difference in price from a few weeks ago. Checked on some June departure dates and early July. The likes of Thomas Bay, Athina, Teresas, Little Prince and Romanza still around £1100-£1300/couple for a 14 night stay. Olga, Voula cheapest at around £700/couple, then Barras, stamatis and Tsaros at around £800-£900/couple.
Maybe later in July is cheaper. Cheers

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:41:50 PM »
just checked it out ....july into august..... can get four weeks in Theodosia through Noula for about 300 euros a week, flights from brum about 290 each and if i wanted to use somewhere llike teresa it would be 1100 each for a month.... so i'll still be going independent... hiring a car at both ends of philip's fornight saves us transfers as well.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:14:19 AM »
Well, We just booked two weeks in the Thomas Bay (half Board) for £932 for two end August 2010,
£465 each in T Bay is a great price - Obviously we will eat out a bit - but consider the cost of two weeks Breakfasts and evening meals for two - - - and add that to an apt - it's truly great value!! The Little Prince is dearer for self catering!! work that one out!!
Flight / transfer inc.

Last July we went independent, £150 Easyjet flights, €220 (about £189) per week apt Theodosia, plus transfers cost £350 each then x 2.

Plus the cost of every meal, worked out dearer than the T/Bay deal at the same time which was around £130 each dearer on the base price.

Sale prices for today:
End June (21st - for 2 weeks) Price £454 each - T Bay,
£410 each B&Breakfast in Teresas, and  £396 in Romanza B&B.
Room only deals, £356 in Barras,  - £340 Stamatis, - Best deal  is £310 in the Olga!!

These all from Gatwick!! All two weeks!

I have saved the web page for the sceptics and can email it.
They will have another sale over Xmas period!

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
Thats an excellent price Tony.  We are staying at the Thomas Bay for 2 weeks in June and paid £1,000 for the two of us.  i thought that was a good price. The same two weeks at Teresas B&B was more than TB half board- i dont get that either!

YANNIS26

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
Hi Tony
Glad to see you are getting cheap holidays from Gatwick.
The only problem i have is that once again the poor Northerners are subsidising you affluent Southerners.
To prove my point here is a list of the latest prices from Leeds for 2 weeks 18th June/person
Thomas Bay HB 686
Teresa SC 568
Romanza BB 577
Little Prince sc 604
Tsaros sc 415 cheapest of all.
All joking aside the 498 i paid for the Romanza still looks a good deal .
Yannis26
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:22:25 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
Well, We just booked two weeks in the Thomas Bay (half Board) for £932 for two end August 2010,
£465 each in T Bay is a great price - Obviously we will eat out a bit - but consider the cost of two weeks Breakfasts and evening meals for two - - - and add that to an apt - it's truly great value!! The Little Prince is dearer for self catering!! work that one out!!
Flight / transfer inc.

Last July we went independent, £150 Easyjet flights, €220 (about £189) per week apt Theodosia, plus transfers cost £350 each then x 2.

Plus the cost of every meal, worked out dearer than the T/Bay deal at the same time which was around £130 each dearer on the base price.

Sale prices for today:
End June (21st - for 2 weeks) Price £454 each - T Bay,
£410 each B&Breakfast in Teresas, and  £396 in Romanza B&B.
Room only deals, £356 in Barras,  - £340 Stamatis, - Best deal  is £310 in the Olga!!

These all from Gatwick!! All two weeks!

I have saved the web page for the sceptics and can email it.
They will have another sale over Xmas period!

Gatwick prices are reasonable. Teresas was £800 s.c. and £920 B&B, with early morn departure. For us with parking and petrol that would another £100 on top, plus an awful 2hr+ drive. Bristol with a lift to airport, still over £1000 B&B, so still happy with our Ejet + Fedra Mare at £750, incl. taxi transfer.

But i can see your point Tony. If you live in the S.E. or say, Reading or Southampton Gatwick is a good option.

Not a fan of half-board to be fair. First few days are OK then we get bored even if food is good quality.

One thing is for sure wherever we stay/whenever we all go to SS we'll all have a fab time, that i'm sure about ;D

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »
I can't believe it - saw the sale and priced up 2 weeks at the Nafsika from EMA Aug 20th - and guess what it was £42 each more expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME SALE!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 12:30:16 AM »
On another note i have seen some analysts' reports today that are saying both TUI and Thomas Cook still have plenty of spare capacity and their shares have been marked down, as a result.
Deduce from this that there will be price adjustments downwards in the New Year, as Tony C has predicted.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:33:36 AM »
From our point of view - I would be surprised if the T/Bay prices go down much more - but Hey -you take a chance!
We like the TB, but we agree that we can't stay in every night - and part of our holiday is eating out!
We will eat out about 40% of the time - but the breakfast deal is good and saves money,
also a few times in the past, we have been able to swap lunch for the evening meal - so lets see!!
Crazy that other airports have jacked up prices - very wrong!! - I would have thought it was cheaper up north as well!!
Also seen the sale fiddles many times - ie the Nafsika as above - they (TUi) must all be on drugs!!
Basically - I just judge it on my requirements and prices in late june/early july weeks
and the september weeks against the T/bay, Athina and compare the likes of Olga/Barras/Stamatis/Little Prince.

Last year we had to pay for Parking £108 2 weeks - next year I have got a lift there and pick-up in exchange for me doing the same!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni