Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 19433 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:44:46 PM »
you've been looking Sandra!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »
you've been looking Sandra!! LOL

Talking of this, women have been using the Gents where I work.... Obvious really somone put the seat back down!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 04:35:45 AM »
Lets hope you didn't pee on it then!!

Now - why are Men's toilets always so grubby?

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
Well Deborahh, no one expects everyone to like the same thing, but your comments have a certain sanity about them,
and we respect your opinions, as we do most.
The difference is you don't do the spiteful bit, against those that do feel the S S magic and do want to return.
Hope you have a great holiday where-ever you go!!

No ? well thats not the reaction I got,judging by reactions one would think I'd committed some terrible heresy in saying I enjoyed the holiday but wouldnt go back [ christ I even felt the need to explain why, I could merely have just posted my opinion on Holidays uncovered  etc ], you reap what you sow pal,if you'd only been as gracious to my point of view as you are to the lady above.........LOL

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
I agree with both sides of the debate. If you have found somewhere that to you has that magic feel, why not keep returning. I just haven't found that place for me yet, but I am enjoying looking for it.

Theres no reason not to, just as theres no reason to be upset when someone takes an alternative view of holidaymaking, it's all subjective and some people become so tunnelled visioned as to forget that

YANNIS26

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »
To All
It is starting to give me concern as i read some of the polarised views and some of the language that is appearing on the forum.I defend anyones right to have a different opinion on San Stephanos to the majority.This is fundamental on any democratic forum.As for mickey taking as long as it is good natured i enjoy taking part.Where i draw the line is bad language and character assassination.
I believe i am a true Steffolite but my interpretation of this could be different to others.
As most of you know i have visited San Stephanos for the last 12 year and i am booked for 2010.
I have been retired 11 year and in the fortunate position of having a very good company pension .This allows me to have a number of holidays each year.In the past year i have visited Mexico, Dubai and Santorini.
Having all these holidays allows me to visit my favourite place San Stephanos every year.
I often ask myself if i was limited to one holiday a year would i spend it in San Stephanos and to be totally honest the answer is probably not.At the back of my mind would always be the thought the world is a big place and somewhere out there is a place even better.
Until that time comes and it may be never i will continue to be a true Steffolite and return each year to my second home.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
Well more power to you sir, and Nadolig Llawen to you

YANNIS26

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Well more power to you sir, and Nadolig Llawen to you
Hi Zimmer
Thanks for the xmas greeting.Same to you and yours.
Yannis26

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 03:27:20 AM »
Keith, I have a very similar outlook to Yannis on the resort of San Stef! He put it very well and I could have written those words as well,
except for the retired bit - but not too long ( 5years) to wait and it will be great to go on holiday whenever I want to, & not worry about work. As you know most of us also holiday elsewhere as well, it's just I have yet to find anywhere else I find so comfortable as S S.

It's not tunnel vision and the reason I made the remark in the reply was the constant (bordering-on-sarcastic) put-downs of the place.
Now I know it's just your little wind up, (and don't forget when we met you admitted you love to do wind ups),
Your PM even explained your Monty Python type Humour, but why be unnecessarily irritating or rude with it?
You also seem to target certain people  as well! If people love S S - let them be!! That's their choice.

I really do appreciate your point of view, we exchanged PM's, we have debated it - I really do not mind at all that you won't ever go back. That's your choice and your opinion.
Your write-up of the rose Garden was very fair, your opinion of the resort is yours to say as you find it!
Others will have read it and opposing opinions and make their own mind up.
That my friend is your choice and your right - but join in and have fun with us, not put us down, and you will be appreciated.
Nadolig Llawen to you as well - or Merry Xmas if you prefer.

don

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 03:33:41 AM »
Keith ................ You asked what my job is....................... Here's a clue............. Tell me your flight number next time you return to UK and I'll meet you on your return! I don't work for immigration or HMRC but a lot more intrusive! LOL Great job  for me , honest!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 03:40:55 AM »
Baggsy I get to use the vinyl gloves first - LOL

don

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »
No way................. ????????????????????

YANNIS26

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
Keith, I have a very similar outlook to Yannis on the resort of San Stef! He put it very well and I could have written those words as well,
except for the retired bit - but not too long ( 5years) to wait and it will be great to go on holiday whenever I want to, & not worry about work. As you know most of us also holiday elsewhere as well, it's just I have yet to find anywhere else I find so comfortable as S S.

It's not tunnel vision and the reason I made the remark in the reply was the constant (bordering-on-sarcastic) put-downs of the place.
Now I know it's just your little wind up, (and don't forget when we met you admitted you love to do wind ups),
Your PM even explained your Monty Python type Humour, but why be unnecessarily irritating or rude with it?
You also seem to target certain people  as well! If people love S S - let them be!! That's their choice.

I really do appreciate your point of view, we exchanged PM's, we have debated it - I really do not mind at all that you won't ever go back. That's your choice and your opinion.
Your write-up of the rose Garden was very fair, your opinion of the resort is yours to say as you find it!
Others will have read it and opposing opinions and make their own mind up.
That my friend is your choice and your right - but join in and have fun with us, not put us down, and you will be appreciated.
Nadolig Llawen to you as well - or Merry Xmas if you prefer.

Hi Tony c
We appear to be on the same wavelength regarding San Stephanos and Zimmer and i have no problem with his comments when they are expressed tongue in cheek.He may at times overstep the mark  but i do not think he is on his own in this respect.Your expression lets all take a chill out pill is sound advice.
As regards my age i may have misled you with my 11 year retired.The fact is i left I.C.I at age 55 after 39 year service man and boy when they made me an offer i could not refuse.So there is life in the old dog yet.
Long live a constructive forum
Yannis 26

Offline deborahh

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
Well said,something seems to have horribly wrong here. I have only ever posted as me deborahh is the only  name I have ever used. I have never set out to annoy or wind anyone up, just give my honest opinion, which I know differs from some posters. But before anyone judges me read my previous posts I don't think I have been negative or insulting. As I have previously said I do like SS, and although would not return regularly I am sure I will go back in the future.
If anyone doubts my intentions or posts on here feel free to pm me, as I obviously will not post personal info here.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 03:07:48 AM »
Yannis - Lucky man!! But I decided to work on as I need to get my full pension, and there's plenty of life left here as well!!
Think young and you are!! But - must admit - if I had the same kind of offer - - - - - - I would take it too!

Deborahh - I for one don't have any issues with you - I don't think there is anything wrong with not returning as a regular,
you spread your wings and enjoy your travel, see you there again one day maybe, who knows!!
And if you find somewhere else that seems special - let us know - most of us holiday elsewhere as well!
All good information is taken on board in the manner it was intended! Yammas!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni