Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 19441 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
New to Forum
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
Hello everyone, just thought I would drop a line to tell you all how informative I feel this site is.  My wife and I stayed in San Stef in August(we have just set up our new computer or I would have dropped a line earlier).  We stayed at the Mythos apartments and I must say we hit lucky as these apartments are very good.  Keep it a secret though will you?  Oh dear too late.  Leading up to the holiday, I was never off the site and I must confess when we first explored around I felt like I knew the place like the back of my hand.  The information and especially the maps were really that good.
We did lots of walks, a couple of trips but most of all ate great food and drank a copious amount of wine (well we are from the north east after all).  We did have our favourite places but perhaps I will discuss them at some other time.  We have already booked again for next year, 18th June for two weeks staying at the same apartments.  We loved the place and the relaxing ambience, which speaks volumes as we have hoildayed in many parts of Greece.  Thanks for all the great information regarding San Stef.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:17:27 PM by Rod »

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »
You're welcome glad you enjoy the site
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
So glad you feel this way about that magical piece of paradise, we stayed opposite at the Rose Garden and that was wonderful too, in the meantime learn the Oath of San Stef, it can be found on earlier threads.The wise ones will be along shortly to initiate you , read their wisdom and listen to their wise words.

;D :-*
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:18:33 PM by Zimmer »

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »
Hi Rod

Welcome to the forum!!

We stayed at the Mythos this September and are returning again at the end of June (and again in September) - so will bump into you no doubt!

I agree the apartments are great and just a nice easy stroll into town. Another plus side is when it is windy (and boy can the beach get wild), it is still relatively calm and peaceful.

We fell in love with SS last year, so went twice this year - and it didn't disappoint. However, I am puzzled why some posters (or poster), cannot resist the forum but cannot say anything constructive - why bother adding to a forum if you have nothing of value to add??

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »
He said the Rose Garden is wonderful, is that not being constructive ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:38:45 PM by Stevazoid »
Steve

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
True - those few words are constructive and he is right the Rose Garden apartments are wonderful!!

Sorry, but I suppose I am becoming tired of posts which only appear to be written in order to rile other posters.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »
Hi Rod,
Thanks for letting us in on the secret of the Mythos Apartments. Glad you enjoyed SS as much as the majority of us do. If you have any info you would like to share please feel free and also if you need to know anything at all just ask and someone will be happy to reply to you.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline deborahh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 01:27:36 AM »
It's good that people of all opinions post here, it makes it more interesting. From Zimmers previous post of his review I agreed with him. I really liked SS and have been twice, but the 'magic' eluded me. I think it's a great Greek purpose built resort, with a beautiful beach and friendly locals. But I have found on my travels places that I prefer. I would go back if I was going to book a quick week away and wanted the safe option of a place I have been to before and know I will enjoy. Although next year my nephew (fingers crossed) may have the chance of a season working in a bar, so if that does come about I will definitely go back.
The thought of a new place to visit for the first time is more exciting to me than somewhere I have been to before. I have lots of places I keep thinking 'I'll book to go there again this year' but I always get drawn to somwhere I have not yet been to.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »
Well Deborahh, no one expects everyone to like the same thing, but your comments have a certain sanity about them,
and we respect your opinions, as we do most.
The difference is you don't do the spiteful bit, against those that do feel the S S magic and do want to return.
Hope you have a great holiday where-ever you go!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
I'm glad and pleasantly surprised at the responses, what with it being out of season.  Deborahh, I understand totally where you are coming from.  I myself have stayed in some great places in Greece (I would go to Greece everytime by the way), it was just that it all seemed to come together rather well at this particular resort.  We love peace and quiet through the day and quite frankly at the Mythos apartments it sometimes seemed like we had our own swimming pool.  Also we can walk for miles whilst on our holidays and honestly this place was by far the best yet for our treks.  We are normal by the way and by no means have hiking boots and maps and what have you.  Then on an evening we can spend hours in one restaurant and the choice we found was quite exceptional.  Also, without sounding like a cheapskate, we found the prices to be very reasonable compared to other resorts.  We love Skiathos (we were there in June), but we spent a small fortune in comparison to San Stef.

Gillywoo, we stayed at the Mythos from 28th August for 10 nights.  Did our paths cross?

Colin, we are from Gateshead (the posh end of course)  ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »
Hi Rod - nice post!
I played football on Gateshead Stadium Pitch many years ago, when we played in a FA national competition.
(we won the final there that year, luckily), Nice feriendly people there as well!
I must agree - the area around Gateshead was very nice!
Hope you enjoy your holidays again!

Offline deborahh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
I agree with both sides of the debate. If you have found somewhere that to you has that magic feel, why not keep returning. I just haven't found that place for me yet, but I am enjoying looking for it.

don

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »
Hi Rod - nice post!
I played football on Gateshead Stadium Pitch many years ago, when we played in a FA national competition.
(we won the final there that year, luckily), Niceferiendly people there as well!
I must agree - the area around Gateshead was very nice!
Hope you enjoy your holidays again!

Pardon Monsieur............. Un TYPO ??????

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
No - it's actually ANOTHER one - -my fingers work faster than the brain - No comments please!! LOL

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:52 PM »
Some folk fill their vehicles with pink diesel! You fuel up with red wine LOL
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni