Author Topic: Thomson in flight 'meal'  (Read 20340 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Thomson in flight 'meal'
« on: September 20, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
I have been travelling with Thomson for more years than I can shake a stick at, and have always had the in flight meal even though it has always seemed dear for what you got. We went through the Aldo Zilli phase- didn't notice much difference there I have to say- but in 2008 things went noticeably downhill in that the prices went up and what you got decreased, on this occasion there was only one thimble of tea or coffee.
   This year at an eye watering £7.50 each even further reductions in what is given. No cheese and biscuit, meals out and back were laughably called 'MASH' but reminded me of Smash, or for those longer in the tooth Pomme. The sausages repeated on me for 24 hours and I do not suffer from indigestion, the starter was awful, and still only one thimble of tea, in my case it had froth on it and looked and tasted like dishwater.
    Thats it for me with their overpriced crap, its a roll or two from now on that we do ourselves so we do not suffer the aftereffects at a great cost.

The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

don

Re: Thomson in flight 'meal'
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
We've a;ways taken bacon and cheese butties on the outbound leg and take Pringles to eat on the homeward! Airline food has to be the worst I've eaten this side of McDonalds (The Anti-Food!)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »
SB. Myself and me wife felt exactly the same as you when we'd travelled to Corfu in June with Thomson. Plain (or is it Plane?!) awful!!

I said to her that if we fly with them next year to Corfu i'm not going to pay the in-flight meal supplement. As it stands at the mo looks like we'll be going with Ejet from BTL and we're used to their flights because of our frequent visits to Spain and Portugal.

Take on a decent brekkie at the airport or bring your own rolls seems to be the answer. In=flight meals have never been great, but the one we were served on both flights in and out of Corfu was truly dreadful!

zoe

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
we didnt want to have the meals but were told if you dont have the meals you are put in the seats at the back as i hate sitting at the back we had them

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
And spent the rest of the flight in the toilet then Zoe!!

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »
One day I may be brave enough to try one. After reading this thread that day could be further away than ever. The smell of the meals coming from the galley is normally enough to put me off!  :-[
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
We have not had the in flight meals for a number of years now. They never look good and I can only imagine they do not taste good either. We now always buy the meal deal from Boots at the airport for about £3.50, you get a drink a butty and a snack which is always adequate for us.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 08:41:03 PM »
We always pop into M&S or Boots and buy Sarnies or similar - much better!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
Marks- Boots.... nothing like that at Norwich folks, only I joint that charges £1.70 for a small bottle of water and eat there and then, nothing to go!!! Sorry we are still in the dark ages here.

don

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
Marks- Boots.... nothing like that at Norwich folks, only I joint that charges £1.70 for a small bottle of water and eat there and then, nothing to go!!! Sorry we are still in the dark ages here.
I thought Bernard Matthews and Delia would have had outlets there! Bootiful!!!!!!

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 03:47:19 AM »
I have been travelling with Thomson for more years than I can shake a stick at, and have always had the in flight meal even though it has always seemed dear for what you got. We went through the Aldo Zilli phase- didn't notice much difference there I have to say- but in 2008 things went noticeably downhill in that the prices went up and what you got decreased, on this occasion there was only one thimble of tea or coffee.
   This year at an eye watering £7.50 each even further reductions in what is given. No cheese and biscuit, meals out and back were laughably called 'MASH' but reminded me of Smash, or for those longer in the tooth Pomme. The sausages repeated on me for 24 hours and I do not suffer from indigestion, the starter was awful, and still only one thimble of tea, in my case it had froth on it and looked and tasted like dishwater.
    Thats it for me with their overpriced crap, its a roll or two from now on that we do ourselves so we do not suffer the aftereffects at a great cost.

Totally agree, the meals are absolute crap. The last six fights I have been on have consisted of sausage and mash, no cheese and biscuits and we are down to one celebration chocolate. We wil be going self catering on our next flight. Bacon sandwiches sound good to me

don

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »
Totally agree, the meals are absolute crap. The last six fights I have been on have consisted of sausage and mash, no cheese and biscuits and we are down to one celebration chocolate. We wil be going self catering on our next flight. Bacon sandwiches sound good to me

Pembo........ How's it going?Can't believe you have so many fightslol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »
Pembo is the Middle weight Champ of Corfu Airport!! LOL

don

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:35 PM »
Pembo now known as "Champ."

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:43 PM »
Or would it be Chomp - if we get back on the thread and talk about aircraft meals!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni