Author Topic: Thomas Cook NEVER again  (Read 7783 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Thomas Cook NEVER again
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »
My bf and I were supposed to stay in San Stef in July for 2 weeks.  2 days before we flew TCook rang us to infor us that due to "contract trouble" we could not stay in the Mythos apartments and they had booked us into the Andromeda Perrloudas.  if we were not happy they said they would cancle the holiday which would have been fine if I had a choice of holidays but because I work in a school I am restricted so we had to go.  When we got to the airport they told us that the Mythos was "flooded" When we arrived at the appartment they had just been cleaned and on close inspection not very well.  there was a plaster on the floor in the bathroom the toilet was blocked they had missed behind the door and the  cutlery/bottle opener were all rusty.  The 4 chairs were also coverd in damp mold. 

I did not wait for the reps meeting and rang TC who sent a poor boy round.  The next day the rep came and had a go at me for complaing and said they were the best appartments in corfu taht never have complaints, so I  showed her the apartmenst and she seemed to think that it was perfectly clean.  I then showed the cutlery and the chairs "oh thas the way they are stored in winter and the chairs and things get like that" I dont care how basic the appartmenst are I like them clean that is all I ask. 

We the asked to move and we were told taht we could move but it would cost US 360 euros but thery would throw in Ł60 each for the incovenence. 

i was not a happy bunny but we made the best of it and had an all told great holiday but with no help from TCook.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Cook NEVER again
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
We got ripped off by the Thomas Cook Luggage (of 15Kg) scam in Turkey last year.
They are not my favourite Tour Operator by a mile!!
The way you were treated is disgusting and the Rep should be shot!! Customer Service is a Joke!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
We have booked for they Mythos next June, we flooded once whilst we were staying there, the holes on the balcony are not big enough to take the thunderstorms, so the balcony fills with water and comes through the bedroom - the saucepans came in handy!!!! All the brothers were there straight away to help and we were mopped up etc with an hour. We are going to San stef. on Monday but staying at the Nondas - we will go and see the family at Mythos and check that everything ok. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:11:59 AM »
Nice one - we have stayed with Nondas in the past - say hello to him and Dimitris for us!
He now has a pool as well I am told!!
Tony & Linda

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
Nondas looked pretty poorly when we were over there in May, anyone know how he is coming along??
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
His health has been poor for some years now, hope he is OK!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni