Author Topic: Trips A review  (Read 11912 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Trips A review
« on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
After going to the Thomas Cook welcome meeting where they told us " don't go with local tours as they will leave you there" we decided what the hell we will go anyway.  We had three trips with a local agency based in Sidari.
The 1st was to the monistry and Bella Vista which was a great day out with a good mix of slight culture and beach fun.  All for 8 Euro.  We had 3 hours to kill in the beach resort and so we rented a pedlo I would highly recommend. 

Next we went to the highest point NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! We set off in rickerty old bust with a driver who thought he was in formula 1.  I am not someone who gets scared but at that time I was scared.  When we got to the top (eventually) we were pleased as there was the most beautiful scenery.  We then went back down the mountain and stoped and ate at Sunset Taverna a fantastic place with great food,service and views.  It was not overly expensive eather.  Trip cost 6euro

Last trip was to Corfu Town I was dissapointed and did not enjoy the place.  We did however go in the Asian fine arts museum which was good.   Trip cost 7 euro return

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Trips A review
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:12:42 PM »
Missh - you are funny!! LOL
I must book that rickety old "BUST" - something for me to remember!! LOL (could it be Jules?)
You did the right thing - support the local businesses!!
All the local travel agent tours are fully insured!! They also care about their clients!!
They will not leave you there!! (unless you just don't return!)
Thompson's and Thomas Cook have been known to depart without people in some circumstances anyway,
no tour company will leave without anyone - unless they just don't turn up after a very long time -
but they then have to consider the other passengers!
The big holiday companies tend to rip you off price wise and it's all done on commission!! Hungry Reps are the worst!!
Some will say anything to get a sale!! We normally use Noula in San Stefanos Travel - always 100% and excellent!!
Greek Bus Drivers, (having been an international coach driver in my 20's, ski-trips, Swiss and Austrian Alps etc),
have impressed me very much with their local knowledge and driving skills -
they don't drive off in the morning to kill themselves and their customers!!
So next time - relax - and enjoy the trip!!
Next time you go to Corfu Town, walk up to the top of the new fort - take a camera - fantastic views!!
Explore some of the little back streets and find great little gems of restaurants - don't be put off by the look of some places!!
We usually look and see where the locals eat - go there -always a good bet!!
St. Spiridons Church is also lovely, as is the Liston, the outdoor cafe's and a nice coffee while watching the cricket pitch!!
Plenty of shops there as well!! Tourist shops and also run-of-the -mill daily shops of all varieties!!
Next time - have a good explore - you will love it!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
Hi Missh

I do hope you will return next time to Corfu and SS, there is so much to explore as Tony suggest earlier the local businesses will support you as there lives depend on you returning.

You know the island is very easy to get around on your own, at first take a quad bike & a map from Spiro in the village even for just a day to try it out, maybe Arillas, Afionas or the other way to Avliotes & Sidari. Spiro will help you with anything you may need thats if you have'nt tried it yet, it's alot of fun.

Hope it did'nt spoil your holiday
Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:12 PM »
Bet she goes again!!! LOL

zoe

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:37:21 AM »
so do i  ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:00:52 AM »
Next time go with, San Stefanos Travel, Thompson's or Portland!!
If you decide to go independently, loads of choice and suggestions in these posts or just ask!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
To be fair San Stef Travel was brilliant and the customer service superb, Thomsons as usual was well organised, admittedly, but way too pricey, there was another - opposite the Thomas Bay, cant say I was impressed with their attitude of "take it or leave it"

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »
Well done Zimmer - a clean-cut good report!

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »
rickity old bust ha appologies for the lack of spelling this dam site has no spell check :)

zoe

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 10:47:03 PM »
i know :o

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 01:50:42 AM »
You shed learn t spel properlly like I dos. Donut kneed spel checker then does you? lol
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 03:06:55 AM »
I just knew that the Jules spell flu would get you in the end!! LOL

Offline Barbaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
We took a couple of TC trips last year and they were fine and used the local bus to corfu town which was excellent, tried a local agent and got left in palacastrisa (sp?) >:( we were told to be back at the coach at 3pm got there for 2.45 and they had gone , hubby was soooo not happy and ranting lol after finding no taxis i fluttered my eyelashes at a coach driver who took us into sidari where we got a taxi back to SS. The woman got our shopping back for us but said we must have been late  >:( we weren't i'm honest i wouldn't lie about that!!
Anyway apart from that it was great  ;D just dubious about sing local ones again!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 04:13:41 AM »
I always drive - because of the flexibility mainly!
But the Local Bus is cheap - set your watch 30mins early next time !!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni