Author Topic: a big thank you  (Read 8735 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
a big thank you
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »
Just returned from a month in the lovely san stef and had a somewhat unusual holiday as literally within an hour of arriving and unpacking stuff at Theodosia I went ot to supermarket for essentials (wine, water, wine, mossie stuff, wine...) and on my return fell down small hole in road. I thought that I had just sprained my foot as it was such a little fall... however it transpired that I had broken it! I was alone for two weeks before partner arrived and ferried me about in the car. I have some very interesting tan lines and showering with plastic bin liners over plaster casts is not an experience i wish to repeat!

Anyway, just a quick thanks to all who were there at the time who helped me to get about and not feel alone or stranded whilst there. A particular mention to the ever helpful and delightful Noula who took me to hospital, went shopping for me .... and yes did bring more wine, took me to a greek and italian festival in Arillas and made me hobble down the beach to a beach party!

Also thanks to Glenn who was ready to install a ramp for me and frequently announced that his bar did not serve cripples!
Everyone was briliant from the five lads who were staying in apt underneath (learnt all sorts of new rap words whilst sitting on balcony listening to them.... not sure what much of it means but probably just as well!) also Colin (Hendrix) and Mark (Woody) who made me laugh a lot.  Hilary and Spiro at bar 38 and Margarita and Chrysantho at 3 w were also incredibly kind. Everyone was just brilliant !!! but then in SS would we expect less ??

PS Corfu hospital A and E something of a nightmare and best avoided if poss!

Looking forward a less painful experience on my return at half term!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: a big thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »
Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation! at least you didn't let it spoil your Holiday :) way to go!!  8)

zoe

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »
hope you get well soon

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »
Even having something like that happen shows the wonderful warmth of the local people in SS. Glad you could get some help before your other half turned up and hope you are noe feeling much better.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46:24 AM »
If it was anywhere else I'd say that had restored my faith in human nature. All I can say is, That's San Stef all over!
Hope you're well on the mend!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:24:32 AM »
Really sorry to hear that Lynn!!
Hope you are ok now!!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »
Wow - poor you.  I KNOW how blooming frustrating a broken foot can be!  I hope that you are now well on the mend.  Still it has to be said that if you have to be stranded anywhere then SS is the perfect place in the summer time! Take care

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 03:31:44 AM »
Hi Lynn, glad you're back now safe and sound. You did manage to keep a smile on your face despite the problems. Hope we didn't take the mickey too much :) haha!!!
Was nice meeting you and hope we meet again under less STRESSED circumstances in the future! :)
CorfuCol

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:52:12 PM »
Thanks for all good wishes! It is feeling much better but still need to keep it elevated for a bit apparently. Means that I cant do things like wash the windows and stuff like that but can spend time on the forum! .... and no Colin you didn't take the mick too much (!) There were plenty of others doing that!

zoe

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
there is always a good side to everything and not doing the windows and spending time on the forum is it

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »
how true... but window cleaner came today to do outside and might as well not have bothered !!! i elt guilty for at least five minutes (ish)

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »
Can't believe your month here has gone already! Poor you - I really could sympathise with you. It was me in plaster last year - the hottest months of July and August last year. Hope I don't have to do that again - ever.

Sorry to have missed your other half - and pleased he didn't have a night out with Nikos as per the night of 3 years ago ::).
I think on that night - or actually it was daylight when they came home - your man tried to get in the wrong apartment while Nikos came home and made one heck of a noise as he tried to make me a cup of tea. I had been sound asleep.
I ended up with a flower stuck in my tea cup instead of in a little vase! ( I believe he was trying to be romantic! :-\). He then proceeded to lie down across the bottom of the bed, crushing my feet in the process which ended up with me yelling at him about the state he was in - and him telling me to be careful as he'd been having a meeting with his new lawyer - and a top lawyer at that! He got into bed - the right way up - and fell asleep. A little while later he got up and started fumbling with the curtains ( just about pulled them down ), opened the shutters and walked out onto the balcony. He was apparently looking for the loo which I would say is normally located inside the building - not on the flippin' balcony ! He said he had been sleepwalking - I said he was p...ed!
It was more funny the next day though and laugh about it now.

Anyway at least you got around the the parties etc - and I must say I thought your outfit - especially your footwear - at the beach party was very hip-hop! ;D  ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:02 AM »
The girls are ALWAYS the worst!! LOL - now hop it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni