Author Topic: Zorbas and starts with the letter 'K'  (Read 31792 times)

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Zorbas and starts with the letter 'K'
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
I have put somephotos on my face book including a copy of Zorbas menu. I hope you find the one you mean on there. For my facebook profile if you want it just pm me.

I think I have seen the one on the menu Jules! it's called Krassato, all I need now is the 'know how' many many thanks!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »
I think I have seen the one on the menu Jules! it's called Krassato, all I need now is the 'know how' many many thanks!!
Colin - she even spells it wrong with a camera!! LOL = Krasato
From the web: http://greekfood.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/kotapipperies.htm
Kotopoulo Krasato me Piperies: Stewed Chicken with Wine and Peppers.
In Greek: κοτόπουλο κρασάτο με πιππεριές, pronounced koh-TOH-poo-lo krah-SAH-toh meh pee-peh-ree-YES
This is a family favorite - both for me as the cook as well as for those who are going to eat it! It's a pretty dish - with the red and green bell peppers, and I can use parts of the chicken that are less expensive and it's always delicious.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ingredients:
4 1/2 pounds of chicken, serving size pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 cup of red wine
1 3/4 cups of water
2 sweet red peppers, seeded and chopped (bell, corno di toro, etc.)
2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons of flour

Preparation:

Clean the chicken to remove any yellow fat, and rinse thoroughly. Pat dry.

Heat oil in a stew pot over high heat. When hot, add chopped onion and chicken. Stir to coat with oil and cover. When the liquid comes to a full boil, cook for 8-9 minutes or until liquid from the chicken cooks off, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Stir in the wine, lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add water and peppers, stir to mix well, cover, and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and flour with a fork until flour is dissolved.

Increase heat under the chicken to medium, and when it reaches a full boil, pour off 1 1/2 cups of the liquid into the lemon-flour mixture. Use a fork to blend well and pour back into the pot, stirring to blend thoroughly. Allow to boil for 3 minutes, turn off heat, and let sit, covered, on the cooling stovetop for 20 minutes before serving.

Yield: serves 4-6  - - Notes: Remove chicken skin before serving. This can also be made with skinless chicken.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
Please note the above recipe is from a cookery book!!! Don't want any confusion between fact and fiction! LOL :o ??? ::)

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
Colin - she even spells it wrong with a camera!! LOL = Krasato
From the web: http://greekfood.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/kotapipperies.htm
Kotopoulo Krasato me Piperies: Stewed Chicken with Wine and Peppers.
In Greek: κοτόπουλο κρασάτο με πιππεριές, pronounced koh-TOH-poo-lo krah-SAH-toh meh pee-peh-ree-YES
This is a family favorite - both for me as the cook as well as for those who are going to eat it! It's a pretty dish - with the red and green bell peppers, and I can use parts of the chicken that are less expensive and it's always delicious.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ingredients:
4 1/2 pounds of chicken, serving size pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 cup of red wine
1 3/4 cups of water
2 sweet red peppers, seeded and chopped (bell, corno di toro, etc.)
2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons of flour

Preparation:

Clean the chicken to remove any yellow fat, and rinse thoroughly. Pat dry.

Heat oil in a stew pot over high heat. When hot, add chopped onion and chicken. Stir to coat with oil and cover. When the liquid comes to a full boil, cook for 8-9 minutes or until liquid from the chicken cooks off, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Stir in the wine, lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add water and peppers, stir to mix well, cover, and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and flour with a fork until flour is dissolved.

Increase heat under the chicken to medium, and when it reaches a full boil, pour off 1 1/2 cups of the liquid into the lemon-flour mixture. Use a fork to blend well and pour back into the pot, stirring to blend thoroughly. Allow to boil for 3 minutes, turn off heat, and let sit, covered, on the cooling stovetop for 20 minutes before serving.

Yield: serves 4-6  - - Notes: Remove chicken skin before serving. This can also be made with skinless chicken.

Brilliant Tony! Thank you very much !! To be fair to Jules though on Zorbas menu it's...Krassato

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »
Please note the above recipe is from a cookery book!!! Don't want any confusion between fact and fiction! LOL :o ??? ::)

Don? I encourage you to go to 'Plastic Zorbas' and give the Krassato a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!  :-\

don

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 01:57:01 AM »
Don? I encourage you to go to 'Plastic Zorbas' and give the Krassato a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!  :-\
The food is always great.... Apart from Chicken which I don't eat anywhere! I just found the staff so surly this year... Will try again next week!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 04:54:32 AM »
Colin - I bet Jules wrote the board out for them as a "favour"!!  ;D
Don - I think I made it clear where it came from!! LOL

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
The food is always great.... Apart from Chicken which I don't eat anywhere! I just found the staff so surly this year... Will try again next week!

you never eat chicken? are you alergic? or just dont like it?...it is a bloody boring meat your right,but not as bad as Turkey...which reminds me...Xmas is coming and the goose is looking distinctly emaciated, any of you Steffophiles ever spent Xmas there? tell us about it

"Xmas in San Steff"

don

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »
Even in Curry chicken and turkey taste of nothing and have a horrible texture! Apologies to chicken fans but I just can't abide the stuff!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:27:35 AM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:45 AM »
Perhaps it's because you love anything that tastes of fish! - No further comment will be made!! LOL
Anyone for a "starter" !!

I am sure if Little Prince did a sizzling chick - you would go for it!! HaHa

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 06:02:44 AM »
Seen lots of chicks sizzling on the beach!! Very tasty ;) Wouldn't mind having a taste!!  :-*
CorfuCol

don

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Talking of fish............ Does anyone remember Birds Eye cod balls?.... Well I know fish and I've never !!!!
Then again Loin of Cod...... Pardon? I know where my loin is but Fish???????

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
Seen lots of chicks sizzling on the beach!! Very tasty ;) Wouldn't mind having a taste!!  :-*

Not in SS you didnt LOL ( apart from your own good lady wives of course ) - 0/10 on the talent front butty,now I'm no Adonis but it was so bad I fancied my missus more than the "chicks" thank God she keeps herself in good nick !,it wasnt exactly bristling with nubile pert women,personally I dont fancy many ladies over 55, which is predominently the age, so babe paradise it wasnt...now the boat trip, with crazy capt, that wasnt bad, we met up with these boatloads of 18-30 year olds, now they were tasty, but SS was pretty poor , I mean, be honest, thats part of the hols right? and why admire vinegar when I can have champagne at home  ;) :-*...TBH there were moments at our pool when I felt quite embarrased for my son, if you got it flaunt it but if not ,for Gawds sake cover up !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:32:56 AM by Zimmer »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »
Zimmer - my camera does not lie!
There were bucket loads of "sizzling Chicks" to look at on the Beach!
You just had to look in the right place! (i.e. = the Beach!!)
Also - I can assure you that there are loads Ladies classified as over 55's - that are still sizzling chicks out there as well!!
Isn't that right Ladies!! (He's a cheeky git!!) LOL
AND - I am sure I saw you tap-tapping along the street with a white stick and a guide dog and "Ray-Charles" Sunglasses!
Do you know - in 2 weeks - I never once saw you on the Beach!!
Hendrix and me However, - - we can spot talent from a mile away!! - Right Colin!!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »
Zimmer - my camera does not lie!
There were bucket loads of "sizzling Chicks" to look at on the Beach!
You just had to look in the right place! (i.e. = the Beach!!)
Also - I can assure you that there are loads Ladies classified as over 55's - that are still sizzling chicks out there as well!!
Isn't that right Ladies!! (He's a cheeky git!!) LOL
AND - I am sure I saw you tap-tapping along the street with a white stick and a guide dog and "Ray-Charles" Sunglasses!
Do you know - in 2 weeks - I never once saw you on the Beach!!
Hendrix and me However, - - we can spot talent from a mile away!! - Right Colin!!!

Oh we were there, never spotted you either....well lets agree to disagree,did you really walk up and down the beach taking photos of women? blimey,theres a word for that, hope my wife's not in your gallery :o

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni