Author Topic: Delfino Blu  (Read 12217 times)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Delfino Blu
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »
Hi all.

Has anyone stayed here?  Love the look of it - had a good look around it when we were there last year.  Have read all the reviews - rave reviews actually.  Am toying with the idea of staying there next year - it is expensive (especially as I have to have school hols) - but is it worth the extra?  A big part of me thinks, yes go ahead and save up for it - then I think, well I love the Nafsika and dying to try the Perros despite not being near the beach) but Delfino Blu does just seem so special.  Any advice would be really welcome!

thanks
Ronnie

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »
Hi Ronnie,

If it's the luxury you want then go for it but you will find that every where else also has there own bit of luxury but maybe in a different way. The thing Delfino Blu has is that it is right next to the beach and the pool is only for residents.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
We stayed at the Delfino Blu in July this year. We chose it because of the rave reviews. Also it looked really nice and it was right by the beach. The hotel is well decorated , comfortable and clean. The food was ok but for me there was some strange combinations. The guests were couples and families and from different nationalities. However it was very much overpriced, we feel as though we could have found somewhere equally comfortable and clean for a lot less money. We also found there was no atmosphere particularly in the evening around the bar, which shut some nights at 10-30pm. We would not stay there again.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:32:36 PM by Stevazoid »
Steve

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »
Looked around it and ate there one year, lovely hotel but we don't think it's worth the extra.
Athina is right on the Beach - best pool and never over crowded,
Thomas Bay - nice pool 4 mins from the beach great food and atmosphere,
Perros - all reports say it's great!!
Your choice!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
Thanks. We were at the Athina last year with our daughter and her Aussie husband and 2 year old.  The hotel is spotless, friendly and yes, has a fabulous pool but was thinking of going a bit special.  We love the Nafsika and for me the position of the Nafsika is absolutely perfect, but my husband preferred the 'modern' and well equipped bathrooms of the Athina, so thought he would really love the facilities at Deflino Blu, but like you I am questioning whether it is worth the VERY expensive price - probably could go twice for the same money as once in the Delfino!Now there's a thought......  I was really surprised at the comment that the food was only o.k. in te Delfino - have been led to believe it was fantastic.  It really is fab at the Nafsika.  Oh dear.  No nearer to any decisions then.

Ronnie

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »
To be honest, I didn`t rate the food at all. My wife thought it was ok. We stayed there half board but by the end of our stay we were going out to the local restaurants. Half board residents were given a separate menu to choose from which consisted of soup  , a choice of 3 starters and 3 main courses and then a dessert. This was a different menu to what you would get if you were a non resident. I`d read the reviews about the food and I really can`t see where people are coming from . The breakfast was good but generally you can`t do anything to a breakfast to muck it up can you?  Usually in places we have stayed the hotel put on a special night, no special nights here. There is a guy on a keyboard playing music but it is obviously taped and he`s only going through the motions, he was on every night while people were in the restaurant. I overheard one guy at the reception talking about next year and it would appear they are offering self catering  and a different price for bed and breakfast. Still expensive though. Don`t get me wrong , we had a good time but I really think there is better value to be had elsewhere for half the money. While I`m here.... one thing that annoyed me was, we finished our meal at 10-30 one night and thought we`d go and have a drink at the bar by the pool. We got down there and it was shut ! The barman didn`t have any customers so he went home. I guess we could have gone back to the restaurant but decided to have an early night instead. There was just no atmosphere at all. I`m used to finishing my evening off with a few beers and having a friendly chat but most of the time my wife and I were the only ones at the bar, so we had a lot of early nights!!
Steve

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »
Debra - I have heard a few reports about the food not being "Special", which you would expect it to be, for the price!!
Go for the Nafsika and treat yourself to something special while on holiday with the money you save!!
Common sense say's that you are not in the room very much anyway!! Sleep, Wash, get ready - that's it!!
Is it worth the "Jacked-up price" for obviously great decor', - my opinion - no!!  - but it's your choice!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:52 AM »
Have to agree with Tony on this one. I think if one was going to one of those remote all-inclusive type hotels then luxury is almost a must have, because you're at the hotel all the time. But SS is so intoxicating actually staying in your hotel all the time is not really necessary.

don

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 02:33:13 AM »
Somewhere to stay is in reality somewhere I store my clothes, sleep, shower and dress............... As long as it is both comfortable and clean I will go for the cheapest possible! 

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:12 AM »
And so speaketh the Scotsman!! Haha  :)
Only joking Don, agree totally with you on that one!
CorfuCol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
Hendrix - - well done and well "Sussed" out!!  LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
Just think what you could buy with the mney you save by going to another hotel or apartments. That's what I would tell myself anyway. The other thing is do you really need all the luxury.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:21 AM »
Just think what you could buy with the mney you save by going to another hotel or apartments. That's what I would tell myself anyway. The other thing is do you really need all the luxury.
TYPO ALERT!!! Jules Spell Checker strikes again! Money = mney try saying that - - mmmmmmnnnnney! AAAAAHHhhhhhh!!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
ha ha!  you are all right - I absolutely love SS, have visited it every two years for years!!!!!!!!!!!! And, incidentally, spend NO time in my room - so what am I thinking? 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Debra--Obviously a naughty girl who has more fun than the rest of us miserable gits put together!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni