Author Topic: Nasty habits  (Read 41980 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty habits
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »
couldnt agree more - if people want to commit a slow suicide because, unfortunately, that is what it is, thats their personal decision...I just find the flavour and eating experience spoiled by tobacco smoke,I mean, ha ha, everyone has to eat but no ones obliged to smoke,speaking from experience it is difficult breaking that habit between finishing a meal and lighting up - although, like some others, I usually waited until I left the restaurant area

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Oh dear everyone
When I asked a simple question I never thought it would spark such a long debate so I apologise to you all, just incase you were all wondering what planet I was from. So sorry to all if anyone has been affended by any thread that has covered this topic. We are all human and not the same, we have different likes & dislikes or unfortunatley addicts to different things. 

Yamas
Clare

don

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »
Coming home from work tonight , on the bus !!! I had a woman in front who was sneaking a fag. It stunk! Two stops later a young man got on and sat behind breathing his alcohol fumes all over me! With the lady in front it was small wonder they didn't set the bus on fire! All it wanted was a garlic muncher to get on and gas masks would have been the order of the day. Half a mile from town and 2 miles from home I gave up, got off and walked, heaving with every step...

Strangely if you smoke you can't smell it on anyone... If you try to pickle your living body with alcohol in the company of others you can't smell it. Kiss someone who's been eating garlic and POO!!! That is unless you've had it yourself then you can't smell it!!!

Scientists............. Your mission is to stop things smelling............ Problem solved   ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:04:34 PM by don »

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Hi Don

What a bloody good idea, you could have just invented something special and make millions.
I bet there are alot of things that we would not rather smell again........ never thought of it like that before

Sorry to here you had a bad experience today, I hope tomorrow will be better!

Yamas
Clare

don

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43:06 AM »
I'd learn to drive but there is far too much needless pollution.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »
We have never seen thst many people smoking at tables  - maybe that was mostly luck.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 01:23:34 AM »
TYPO JULES "THST" - never mind!!! LOL
The reason is you wear sunglasses at night!!

Clare - don't apologise!! A couple of people may have been blowing smoke in this little debate - but it's been friendly blowing smoke!
As was said we are all different with different tolerances!
Don, good job the local wino didn't drop his guts as well!!! - now how do you make that not smell!! (or so you can't smell it) LOL

The buses must be great where you live - no wonder I drive!!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 01:59:58 AM »
Unfortunately I am not allowed to drive for medical reasons.... If I could I would be Mr Road Rage!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 02:25:48 AM »
Just to explain for the readers, Don had an accident and his Head put back on - but back to front, so can only go in reverse!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:46 PM »
Tony, sounds like Don had a slight Ground Hog Day.... They do say things happen in 3's so maybe some advice would be to stay in LOL 

I would like to comment on ROAD RAGE but as a female advanced driver who test's drive a luxery car brand for her  job I don't think I will start that thread & maybe decline so someone else can do it !!!!

On another note Don added to my thoughts today, I can't think of anything that does'nt smell. Even our H20 here in cheshire smells of lime, if anyone can think of anything let me know?

Yamas
Clare

don

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:13 PM »
So you're near neighbours Clare............... I can look out of our windows and see Cheshire... On a bad day we can smell the silage LOL

Road Rage........... I get so hacked off with motorists who can't manage the upkeep of their cars. You wouldn't believe the number who's indicators don't work, especially on side roads !!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:24 AM »
Tony, sounds like Don had a slight Ground Hog Day.... They do say things happen in 3's so maybe some advice would be to stay in LOL  

I would like to comment on ROAD RAGE but as a female advanced driver who test's drive a luxery car brand for her  job I don't think I will start that thread & maybe decline so someone else can do it !!!!

On another note Don added to my thoughts today, I can't think of anything that does'nt smell. Even our H20 here in cheshire smells of lime, if anyone can think of anything let me know?

Yamas
Clare

It's not like Don not to pick up on your TYPO!......I bet you test drive Luxury Cars too?!! :P

don

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 02:36:43 AM »

I would like to comment on ROAD RAGE but as a female advanced driver who test's drive a luxery car brand for her  job I don't think I will start that thread & maybe decline so someone else can do it !!!!

Yamas
Clare

It's not like Don not to pick up on your TYPO!......I bet you test drive Luxury Cars too?!! :P

Bentley Motors!!! Daren't argue.... Too rich for me!!!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Well Guy's thanks for pointing out my typo!

How did you guess it was Bentley ?

Don I'm sure the farmers must do a smell test first and wait untill it's really ripe & matured for max effect before spreading!!!!

Yamas
Clare

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »

Well Clare, you are not alone with the Advanced Drivers Certificate!
I never got my HGV1, but apart from that I am licensed to drive anything on the road.
Lorries, Double Decker buses, Coaches with or without trailers etc, motorcycles and cars!!
I also have a current Licence to drive 3 x different stocks of Trains, which thankfully I do not have to do for a living!
I was once Operations Manager for Secure Parking Heathrow, as a CPC holder, I set up their bus service for them,
this was about 14-15 years ago, and they are now called Purple Parking!
The Boss/owner spent one week in UK and every other week in his Apartment and Yaght in Monte Carlo.
He drove a Bentley Turbo, in fact we used to store luxury vehicles of all types for their owners, & I used to get to drive them!.
I got to drive him to the Airport and then take the Bentley home, swapping it back the following morning!!
The looks of hate I used to get when driving it were unbelievable !!!
I bet you must get that as well!!

Don is licensed to drive a pair of shoes and I think he has missed out by never driving!!
But each to his/her own!!
LOL and Yammas

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni