Author Topic: San Stef car hire.  (Read 9960 times)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
San Stef car hire.
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »
This is odd, but went to SS for the first time in 1981, and then returned again in 2000, and have been every year since, and have only just found this forum! Anyway, always used to get cars from Dino, but he's not so active in car hire nowadays so wondered if anyone has the 'phone number for the car hire guy opposite Condor. We going out again for 17 days on the 21st of August and I completely fouled up last year, left car hire till the last minute, needed a 7 seater, and he couldn't help unfortunately. So, even more unfortunately I made a big mistake and tried to get one from a company in Sidari. Long, long story, but the upshot of it is wild horses couldn't get me to hire from them again, and the fella opposite Condor is a good bloke, only problem is I'm a twerp and have lost his contact details. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Cheers folks.

zoe

Re: San Stef car hire.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:15 PM »
do not have that no but arrilas rent a car is 302663051401 we had them in june they deliver to san stef no problem also value car rental 302663095858 have not used but have had good reports about them we emailed the car hire opposite the condor as we had used them in october but they never got back to us in june they didnt seem to have a lot of cars about

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »
I'm just back from San Stef and I used San Stefano Travel to hire a Suzuki Vitara Tel: +30 26630 51910 it's right next to Tasty corner (who do a nice Gyros btw) Noula will sort you out without any hassle

good luck!  8)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »
You are a lovely lot. Thanks for the 'phone numbers, I'm sure we'll now be able to get ourselves sorted out successfully this year after last years debacle with the knob of a hire company in Sidari! I do however miss the negotiating process, the Ouzo, and the putting the world right, that used to happen when getting a car from Dino though.

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »
This is odd, but went to SS for the first time in 1981, and then returned again in 2000, and have been every year since, and have only just found this forum! Anyway, always used to get cars from Dino, but he's not so active in car hire nowadays so wondered if anyone has the 'phone number for the car hire guy opposite Condor. We going out again for 17 days on the 21st of August and I completely fouled up last year, left car hire till the last minute, needed a 7 seater, and he couldn't help unfortunately. So, even more unfortunately I made a big mistake and tried to get one from a company in Sidari. Long, long story, but the upshot of it is wild horses couldn't get me to hire from them again, and the fella opposite Condor is a good bloke, only problem is I'm a twerp and have lost his contact details. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Cheers folks.

Hi,
Here is the info you need.

San Stefanos Rent-a-Car
Tel : +30 26630 51334 / Fax : +30 26630 51883 / Mob : +30 6938367886

Hope that helps! :)

don

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:31:33 AM »
WALK  save the planet !   Sorry!!! Got to do my bit!! LOL :P

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »
Holistica, thanks for that, just 'phoned him and booked the car, thanks again.

Don, thanks for the reminder, but never fear, I'm a male, hetrosexual, environmental activist, and always drive wearing a hair shirt and a hemp thong, plus on the way out I get the pilot to drop us off just on the southern tip of Italy, and from there we all swim across to the old harbour, to reduce our carbon foot print. ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:22:19 PM by cambridge »

don

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »

Don, thanks for the reminder, but never fear, I'm a male, hetrosexual, environmental activist, and always drive wearing a hair shirt and a hemp thong, plus on the way out I get the pilot to drop us off just on the southern tip of Italy, and from there we all swim across to the old harbour, to reduce our carbon foot print. ;)

Cheers Cambridge that has given us a good laugh! I am though anything but green!

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted.

On the funny side .... Just trying to picture the scene in my mind - male .... wearing a hair shirt ..... a hemp thong.  ??? Doesn't bear thinking about !  ::)

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 03:06:34 AM »
Yeh, thanks for that cambridge. It made me chuckle. I needed cheering up after coming back from San Stef last Friday after yet another great holiday.
CorfuCol

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »
And we just thought it was Don that wore such gear . Great laugh Cambridge.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »
The hair shirt is uncomfortable, as you'd expect it to be, inducing pain as a sign of repentance or atonement, but the hemp thong on the other hand is great, and also don't forget, quite edible. I may be wrong here but, I think I have seen Manthos wearing one, and he always claims to have a secret ingredient in his moussaka, but look I could be putting two and two together here and making five.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »
Hi Cambridge - nice one - could have done with meeting you lot - you have our humour!! made me laugh,
mainly because I thought of Don - He's not green - no - Orange - yes he's been Tango'd!!
Talk about a Tan from spraying your fence!!
Don would be the man for the Hemp Thong - just ask the girls!! LOL

As for the car hire - I was going to get it off this years paperwork - but Gwen beat me to it!
Really nice guy and he looks after you well!
If you ask him - he will tell you about Dino and why he no longer does rentals!
Now Dino really was a bit of a lad - funny thing is when I met him this year  - he looks years younger now!!
Have a great time there!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni