Author Topic: Decisions!  (Read 35426 times)

Offline Ali

• View Profile
Decisions!
« on: August 07, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »
We were lucky enough to stay at Delfino Blu in June and also get married there!  We are looking to return for our anniversary but won't be able to afford the Delfino unfortunately!  I'm getting really confused at where to stay!  We'd like to have somewhere on/near the beach with sea views and am considering either Romanza, Tsaros or Vickys!  San Stef travel have also suggested Marguarita apartments but they don't have a pool or bar which I think I might miss!  Would be grateful for recommendations regarding these or any other hotels or apartments! :-\ 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Decisions!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
Welcome to the forums Ali and congratulations as well.
All the properties you mention will have there own merits and all on here will recommend any that are there own particular favourites. The Romanza is up the hill. There are lots of other possible places as well. Do you prefer self catering / B&B. Teresa have some nice B&B apartments and also good S/C apartments and are not as far up the hill as Romanza. The Athina hotel is right on the beach . The Little Prince are also highly recommended by various people. If you have time to read through lots of reviews of various places on here that the forumsters have visited you may be able to narrow it down.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Thank you!  Never done forums before but love San Stef so much that thought it would be a good idea to get some info from the experts!

We like B&B/self catering as like to eat somewhere different each night!  Our friends stayed at the Athina and will be doing so next year as they liked the food and position of the hotel.  Unfortunately, I found it a bit too hotelish inside and I wasn't sure on having carpets rather than tiles...just didn't seem right abroad!  Loved the pool though and it was great access to the beach.  Have had a look through the reviews and its good to see so much positivity, that only makes my decision making harder...which my other half will tell you isn't good at the best of times!  I think that we just had such a good time this year I just want to make sure that we pick another good spot!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »
The thing is with SS wherever you decide to stay you will have a good time and most of the properies do have good reviews as well.
Don't blame you on the eating out as we would only stay S/C or B&B at a push as we love eating out in the village each night.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »
Yeah I know, missing the food so much! 

Well at least I've narrowed it down to 4!  Finding 10 days is quite difficult so that will help me decide too!

Off camping this weekend...not quite the same! :)

don

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »
Ali................. Last year we had 18 days to play with. Impossible under TO's so we booked inward and outward flights with different companies and booked a studio independently. This September we fly Easy jet and booked a studio through Thomsons and it worked out a lot cheaper even after allowing for a taxi transfer.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »
Saw a very nice villa, away from the main drag but near beach on way to "harbour" called Villa Quietude

don

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:35 PM »
Kathy's? Nafsika? Olympia? Barras? Where to stay next year.. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions! Has anyone stayed at the Olympia. I've never seen a review.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:29:25 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
Ali - how many of you going?
As far as Olympia concerned, we were staying at Theodosia Apartments - (via Noula at San Stefanos Travel),
Highly recommended by the way, and had a perfect view of the Olympia's Apartments.
We only ever saw Family members there, so the question is - are they still renting out this year?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »
Stelios was bemoaning the amount of people cancelling on them!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »
Yes - he was complaining he was having a poor year this year!- all round!!
Unfortunately we have a credit crunch this year and combine that with his performance last year,
(I remember several people found him less friendly last year),
and he doesn't readily give a free drink like he always used to after a meal, maybe he needs to try a bit harder?
No complaints from us, we are long time friends, but we saw his customer service with some others -
maybe he's a bit disillusioned.
He used to be the best host in town once!!
Shame about the Apartments though, terrible to be let-down for him and the family!
Lets hope this years visitors give him a try - great restaurant!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 04:27:12 PM »
Just to say everybody.....Olympia (dishy, fun loving boys too all included  8) ;D lol!!!!!!) aps and villa with sea view aircon and quite centrally located and a fantastic restaurant are still very much in vogue and can try and publish contact phone no later. In addition to the "lucious boys" bril caring family too, which goes without saying....

don

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »
Would really like to stay at the Olympia.......... Great position... Stelios  a top man!

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 11:36:30 PM »
Would really like to stay at the Olympia.......... Great position... Stelios  a top man!

Well, Don ....... How do you know ??  ;)  ;D

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
Good question Don, tell us please ;D 8) lol

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni