Author Topic: Are they for real?  (Read 9679 times)

don

Are they for real?
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
Just read this from a reception desk in Corfu. Don't you just love 'em?

"A guest has just come to reception to ask me if its going to rain tomorrow, I assured her it wasn't and her reply was I would never have booked this holiday if I knew it was going to be sunny every day for two weeks. Without laughing I told her we were at our peak season now when it was very hot and sunny every day and that's why most people came. Her reply was well they could have told me at the travel agents. I have now heard it all and had to leave reception as I was cracking up. Just shows you cannot please some people. "

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Are they for real?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 12:04:36 AM »
Was the guest English?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline cannedfool

• SanStef Regular
  • You cant can this fool!
    • View Profile
    • cannedfool.org - coming soon
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:10:55 AM »
amazing
5 Weeks untill i am no longer a SS virgin

Facebook - Cannedfool
Flickr - cannedfool

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
Well it explains why they were wearing Raincoats and Wellies!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:07 AM »
Was the guest English?

OF COURSE!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:27:28 AM »
What else Jules!!

don

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
Bad weather forecast for this week end.. Showers Friday, Thunderstorms Saturday, Showers Sunday. Can someone please take her to cheer her up!

zoe

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:42:09 AM »
when we were in corfu town a man tried the lemon liqure his wife asked him if he liked it he told her no it too lemony i give up

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »
when we were in corfu town a man tried the lemon liqure his wife asked him if he liked it he told her no it too lemony i give up
TYPO and GRAMMAR HEAVEN!!! I have marked your essay Zoe, and you scored "F" Minus!! Are you a Teacher? LOL

When we were in Corfu Town a man tried the Lemon liqueur, his wife asked him if he liked it?
He told her No!  it's too "Lemony" - I give up!

zoe

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »
smart a** ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »
Zoe you have got that in one lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »
Just read this from a reception desk in Corfu. Don't you just love 'em?

"A guest has just come to reception to ask me if its going to rain tomorrow, I assured her it wasn't and her reply was I would never have booked this holiday if I knew it was going to be sunny every day for two weeks. Without laughing I told her we were at our peak season now when it was very hot and sunny every day and that's why most people came. Her reply was well they could have told me at the travel agents. I have now heard it all and had to leave reception as I was cracking up. Just shows you cannot please some people. "

:) :) :) I love it !!

Says a lot about people - and I have to say its mostly the British!!

A couple of years ago  a woman came to my shop. Firstly. she hovered outside a little where she had a look in both my side windows. They are fairly large, and it was obvious that I had created a window display of various items of stock!

She stepped into the doorway of the shop where she could see the place was set out with shelving all around the walls and free-standing display units arranged around the centre of the floor all full of items of stock for sale of course. My healing crystals & crystal jewellery were right in front of her, dreamcatchers & wind chimes hanging on a tree to her right hand side and citronella products, aromatherapy products and candle holders etc to her left.

" Hello". I said, wishing to make conversation with her. She looked at me blankly and said " Is this a shop? "

I had to take a moment! I can be fairly quick with a sarcastic comment or two, but for the sake of politeness - and a possible sale - I had to refrain.

I smiled and replied " Yes, it is ". I really wanted to say it was something else - you know, something naughty and one that would've sent her fleeing rapidly!!!  ;D

" Oh, right " she said.

She looked around briefly from inside the doorway, said "Oh, right " again, turned and left, leaving me speechless - and those who know me will agree I'm not often stuck for words (I'm saying it before anyone else does!!).

She was British.  ::)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »

I guess he meant that, for him , the drink was overdone with that flavour...I can see what he's getting at , you might like an ingredient but if it's overdone it becomes over-powering?. I'm cooking a garlick and lemon chicken this evening, I spilt too much Lemon juce over the thing, so that may turn out "too lemoney"too :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
Professor Obvious strikes again!

Nice Parry Zoe - Touche' as they say!!

Holistica - that 'customer' sounds just like Jules!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info