Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 17069 times)

don

Re: Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
That one is the "Kensington on Sea" San Stef. Where Blunkett goes for a junket etc!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
It's also got the reputation of having the best group of Taverna's on the island, and at least 4 in the top ten as judged by chefs and critics on a "taste of Corfu" so maybe it has something going for it....just saying like...sorry, I'll get my coat  :-X
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:18:03 AM by Zimmer »

don

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »
It's also got the reputation of having the best group of Taverna's on the island, and at least 4 in the top ten as judged by chefs and critics on a "taste of Corfu" so maybe it has something going for it....just saying like...sorry, I'll get my coat  :-X

It was covered l
in an article in an inflight mag we read. Started as Budget €30. Mid Range? €60. Top class €90 per couple for main and a carafe/bottle of wine. San Stef NE came in as Get a Mortgage!

zoe

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56:47 PM »
when we had a car we went to have a look stopped for a drink we thought about having a meal but the prices were a lot more we were the only ones there

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »

It was covered l
in an article in an inflight mag we read. Started as Budget €30. Mid Range? €60. Top class €90 per couple for main and a carafe/bottle of wine. San Stef NE came in as Get a Mortgage!

Lots of people pay that in a good UK restaurant.OK not every night ! I appreciate, but then thats what good food costs,actually an acquaintance of my wife, who stayed there at the same time as we did in SSNW paid on average ,around 70 for a  two course meal for two adults and two teenage kids, which isnt bad ...ours averaged 50 each night for three , so it seems marginally more expensive, it might be worthwhile if theres an expotential increase in quality...who knows?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12:16 AM »
We stopped in the "End Taverna" around the Harbour, sat in the tree shaded part overlooking the harbour in a slightly elevated position, lovely feel to it and you can see why people are willing to while away the day just watching the yachts coming and going al day long.
We checked out a couple of the Taverna's menus and they were only a touch more expensive by a couple of euros.
The wine price was grossly inflated though!! Beer around the same.
I suppose we could stay there as it has a real upmarket feel to it, so no rough types!!
The trouble is the price of apartments there - they seem to be higher spec and expensive,
lots had their own pools as well.
So not really a cheap holiday by any means, if you realise that S S NW is expensive this year anyway!
The down side is the beach - very poor really and more dusty/stoney than sand.
My pictures are now up on Facebook and you can take a look!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 01:18:41 AM »
loved the ducks on the beach

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 01:19:44 AM »
All we get is crabs on the beach in S S NW!! LOL

don

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 02:25:46 AM »
Personal hygiene is so important don't you think? Just a zimmer of something and I reach for the TCP.... Sorry Glimmer was the word I wanted.. Sorry Keith LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 02:39:40 AM »
I thought that was a strange choice of aftershave that you used - now I understand!!

don

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »
I know Tonyco1 gets friend requests from total strangers. I too have had a couple recently. I have dismissed them but you can't be too careful!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 01:30:01 AM »
Most are Genuine!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni