Author Topic: Summer Dreams Taverna  (Read 29805 times)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Summer Dreams Taverna
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »
Has anyone ever been to this Taverna?

It is across the road from the Zest for Life juice bar. Everytime we walked passed it was empty and I have never seen any reviews about it.

I must admit it never looked very inviting but it seems strange that no one ever mentions it!

zoe

Re: Summer Dreams Taverna
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:05:49 AM »
there never seems to be anyone in there but it always looks nice

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:23:28 AM »
In all the times we have been to SS we have never seen anyone there. Shame as its in a nice spot being not to far from the beach.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:27:45 AM »
I agree its in a good location.

I think (apart from it always being empty), what put me off is that is seems quite dark and gloomy - only because of the vines etc.

I may pluck up courage and go next time I am in SS, as I do feel sorry for the Tavernas which appear to be struggling.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »
I know what you mean Gillywoo. You wish you could give everyone at least one visit.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:33:42 AM »
we tried to see if anyone had food when we walked past but in 2 weeks never saw 1 plate off food so it put us off a bit but we have decided next time we will give it a go
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:24:45 AM by zoe »

Offline Welshone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
We ate there once, food was OK, not exceptional, but we were the only people there all evening, so didn't return. No complimentary drink either.

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:23 AM »
we tried to see if anyone had food when we walked past but in 2 weeks never saw 1 plate off food so it put us off a bit but we have decided next time we will give it a go
Hey zoe we did the same thing....plus they never had a menu outside so that made us think they werent geared up to do the meal thing. We thought it was just people having a drink and we were going to do the same but went for the healthier approach opposite, "the juice bar"! In the daytime that is!!! ::)

zoe

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »
its a shame as we loved the look off it with all the roses we are looking at going back later this year will have a try then

don

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »
We've called in for a drink there in the past but never considered eating there. Don't know why!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »
Never busy for years now!! I won't eat in places with a poor food turn-over anyway!!
I also found it to be riddled with more Mozzies than most places, as well - this may be the reason it's quiet, as the river runs behind it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:58:11 PM »
Thought I would revive this one.....

We popped in for drinks on a couple of nights. Definitley a relaxing bar with the most comfortable seats in the village. It did look busier than in the past so if you're passing by, give it a try.

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
I always go to Marias to pick up a paper at about 11.00 and always call in summer dreams for my first pint of the day.
But will not go in the evening as as other people say to many insects around the trees and shrubs.
Is the same lady still running it.
I was only thinking the other day not heard about this place this year.or the sundowner.
Regards Harry

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
Why have i never thought of this. I go to Maria's for a paper but go straight back to the beach to give it away to my master (Like the good lap dog I am).Why am i not stopping to read it in Summer Dreams with a pint on the way back? I will make sure this starts from my first morning next year  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »
The food is terrific. I had the best lamb chops there I've ever had in Greece (or most other places).

They don't advertise as loudly as others that they're actually a taverna. It's a lovely place for lunch as well.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni