Author Topic: Kapetanios Apartments  (Read 14510 times)

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Kapetanios Apartments
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »
We have just booked for a week next May at the Kapetanios Apartments.  The brochure states that the apartments have panoramic views of the village and western coastline.  Does anyone know if all the apartments have good views or should we make a special request?  Also, can you buy a cooked breakfast at their snackbar?

Thanks
Katie

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Kapetanios Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
Hi Katie

I'm going to the Kapitanios 2 weeks today :D if you could let me have your mail addy I'll mail you an e brouchure with the Kapitanios in it  8)

cheers

Colin

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »
Not stayed at  Kapetanios but have visitied for a drink, as it is part way up the hill it has some fantastic views.

Colin, are you there for 2 weeks as we arrive on 7th and staying at the Olga next door to  Kapetanios

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:12:58 AM »
Hi Ian and Sarah. The Olga is almost at the bottom of the hill next to Teresa and then further up the hill is Kapetanios.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »
The garden of the Kapetanios goes down the hill and nearly backs onto the olga gardens at the back

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
We have just booked for a week next May at the Kapetanios Apartments.  The brochure states that the apartments have panoramic views of the village and western coastline.  Does anyone know if all the apartments have good views or should we make a special request?  Also, can you buy a cooked breakfast at their snackbar?

Thanks
Katie

Oh good views all right ;) - no, straight up they have ;)...are you packing crampons and crabs?and a Sherpa ;D

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
We have stayed at the Teresa Apartments for the last two years so I hope we will manage a few more steps up the hill to the Kapetanios and it will keep us fit!

Thanks Colin for the brochure - look forward to hearing more about the apartments on your return from holiday.

Katie

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »
We have stayed at the Teresa Apartments for the last two years so I hope we will manage a few more steps up the hill to the Kapetanios and it will keep us fit!

Thanks Colin for the brochure - look forward to hearing more about the apartments on your return from holiday.

Katie
ah well if youve made camp at the Tereza I'm sure you can make the final push to the summit LOL

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »

Katie

You're most welcome :) I hope it was of value to you, I'll let you know how it was when I return on or around the 10 Aug  8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »
Even I can make the walk to Terezas, just don't like the hard walk uphill!!
Kap's Apts are v/good, but not quite at the "Summit" as Zimmer put it, theres another double bend of significant height to the Romanza for that!!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Hello again Colin,
Hope you had a great holiday.  Were the apartments OK?  A couple of weeks ago we also booked for September next year at the Kapetanios.  When we go in May, we are staying in a studio for 2.  When we go in September, we booked a 2 bedroomed apartment for 2-5 persons as there were supplements of £60 for a studio.  It seems strange that the 2 bedroom apartment is cheaper than the studio.  Do you, (or anyone else on the site) know if the 2 bedroom apartments are OK and how they compare with the studios?

Thanks

Katie

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 08:04:11 PM »
If you check the site this was heavily discussed, and you'll find some good examples answering your questions and many more.
Generally all answers showed a very positive response and reported them to be good!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
Hello again Colin,
Hope you had a great holiday.  Were the apartments OK?  A couple of weeks ago we also booked for September next year at the Kapetanios.  When we go in May, we are staying in a studio for 2.  When we go in September, we booked a 2 bedroomed apartment for 2-5 persons as there were supplements of £60 for a studio.  It seems strange that the 2 bedroom apartment is cheaper than the studio.  Do you, (or anyone else on the site) know if the 2 bedroom apartments are OK and how they compare with the studios?

Thanks

Katie

Hi Katie

Yes we had a GREAT Holiday, the Kapitanios were perfect for us, Yannis runs the Bar during the day until 5.00pm, he's a real character, he's actually German :o and his real name is Hanns, but he'll have you all in the pool playing Volleyball twice a day which is good fun and a great way to meet your fellow residents, in the Evening the Bar is ran by Nikko and Nikkos, 2 lovely lads who can't do enough for you, the food is good there, watch out for the Kleftico night on Thursdays , you have to book for it but it was a good night! We had a 2 Bedroom apartment, which was more than adequate for us, basic kitchen utensils, but you expect that, if it's within your budget I'd go for the Aircon, we didn't, and some nights were really uncomfortable, eventhough we had hired fans for the rooms, I can't comment on the Studios because I know nothing about them, but all in all San Stef and the Kapitanios were just great!! I now know that you will have a brilliant Holiday, even the "Hill" isn't that bad, you can also get Kathys Supermarket at the bottom of the hill to deliver heavy things ie: Water etc free of charge to the Kapitanios :) roll on your Holiday!! any more info you need just give me a shout

Colin  8)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
Sounds like a thumbs up for you Katie
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
Thanks for the information Colin, it's really helpful.   The Kapetanios sounds like a friendly place and I'm looking forward to a glass or two of wine and/or cocktails at the bar and to the Kleftico night if it's on when we are there.  The only down side is that we're not going again until May and September next year so I'll just have to keep logging on to this site to keep me going until then!   Glad you had a great holiday.

Katie

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni