Author Topic: The Zimmer Newbie Review  (Read 26015 times)

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Re: The Zimmer Newbie Review
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
I second that as I am getting totally fed up with all of this bickering. I looked on the Agni forum last night and what a calm and peaceful place it was.

San Stef is such a nice friendly resort, its a shame that this is not reflected in the forum lately.

Admin
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »
Theres a couple of sayings
"Shoot the messenger" and "one should never be where one does not belong" so , being as I'm a disruptive influence, to the San Stef Appreciation Society,I'll log out, and trust you all have wonderful holidays now and in the future - Well I know you will  ;) :D :) and I've been taught an interesting lesson too.

So Bon Voyage :-*

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »
I am sad to see someone else with a valuable contribution to make after their holiday feel this way. If we all liked the same thing this world would be a very boring place!

Remember that this is a holiday forum, where everyone's and I mean everyone's opinion counts.

Admin
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:12:03 PM by 2sanstef »

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
My goodness what is going on here? where is the voice of reason.?

In the scale of things, does it matter that people have different perceptions on life and what it has to offer.

So "the man next door" does not like the same type of car or holiday as you, live with it !!
Life is too short for all this type of banter.

Turn over the page and start a new chapter!!!  Please

Oh dear! Ive listened and observed all the posts..........

If someone isnt keen on a place you dont go back.........if you love the place that much, you go back,simple!
We wouldnt be thinking of returning if it was as sleepy as the brochures made out.....it was only on looking on here that we realised that yes its a quieter place then some but not a grave yard! We have had holidays and had great nightlife, had an amazing time and probably gone over the top a bit but felt we needed a holiday to get over it when we got back. Here in San stef we thought , just had enough nightlife to keep us entertained without going mad and yes I certainly felt relaxed when we got home. So in a nutshell..yes it is sleepy from our point of view, but not sleepy that we would be bored out of our skulls! We will be back!!! ;) ;D

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
 Problem; after all these posts I'm so confused I can't remember if San Stef ticks all the boxes for me!  ???

Solution; I'm just gonna have to go back in 12 days time to check it out again!  :)

Zimmer, in parting, hope you and your family have many great hols in the future but as BD said "The Times They are a Changing". Also, thanks for the Beachcomber waitress info. Yammas.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:21:35 PM by hendrix46 »
CorfuCol

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »
i too agree , its each to their own and it is a site for passing on information or opinion.........HOWEVER.......

is there any need for this person to be quite so rude, obnoxious and insulting to people ????

No i don't think so, so i for one am glad if they have decided to leave the forum.

Sarah H
xx

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
ShellBell...your post earlier this afternoon summed up San Stef perfectly for me and my wife.

I will hold my hands up to the rest of the forum and say 'i took the bait' on a number of occasions in the last few days and let myself get drawn into what turned into something more than a civilised discussion on the pros and cons of holidaying in San Stef! For that i apologise.

I suppose i felt some of the comments about San Stef which weren't so complimentary just kept getting repeated and it just hacked me off, after we had such a great time there a couple of weeks ago. (yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to keep on about the things that were/are 'wrong' was just getting tedious).

I will say once again that i really valued everyone's insight into what San Stef was about when i was asking questions before we actually visited, because it really painted a pretty accurate picture of SS....quiet, relaxed in the day...chilled with something for all tastes by evening. Plus, great people, both Greeks and tourists, just welcoming us and laughing with us!

Cheers BB

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
I don't think Zimmer was that bad, sometimes I feel we take some posts too personally, especially when you love SS!!

What I like about this forum is that we can post both positive and negative reviews. The Agni site has started removing posts which have the slightest criticism of Corfu. This to me is wrong. How can people make an informed decision about a place if all they read is how wonderful everything is?

I know a negative thread can make peoples passions boil, but as long as we do not cause offence or make things personal, I believe we are all entitled to our own opinion.

The world is not perfect - and although I love SS to bits, I can understand some people not 'getting it'.

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »

I know a negative thread can make peoples passions boil, but as long as we do not cause offence or make things personal, I believe we are all entitled to our own opinion.

The world is not perfect - and although I love SS to bits, I can understand some people not 'getting it'.
[/quote]
TOTALLY AGREE
Helen

zoe

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »
have to agree with sue we all like or dislike different things i hated the fortune telling thing outside the thomas bay  but i bet there is someone who loves it i know things have been tense and not everyone likes the banter but please can we have a little bit off fun back with all the info we are all here for the same reason we all like or love san stef

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »
I'm not 100% sure but on the Agni site I think they were or almost sued because of someones posting. Not sure what it was about though.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
I shouldnt be here but thanks to Gilly for her support and does this response to Tony sound obnoxious and personal?
Well as I have said before - all are entitled to their own opinion - mine  - I still love the place - the people make it and are great!!
There is a noisy half to S S and a fairly quiet half - so everyone should find their little piece of heaven.
If not - there are quieter resorts and noiser ones, try St George in the South (v/quiet) or Kavos (vomit and 18-30 sick club heaven)!!
Corfu has it all - me - I like it in SAN STEF!!
No point in being neggie - everywhere has good and bad points about it!!

my reply

"Hi again - Myrna and I were discussing this, yes there are parts to get away from the "in your face" stuff [ though even that isnt as bad as people might think I've painted it ] to be honest I think we're suffering a bit from Corfu burn out...you know, been there , done that. If we are to be confined to sitting by a pool most of the time, because we've exhausted the excursions over the years or dont drive then it may as well be somewhere more [ and this isnt meant to sound snobbish really ] like the old Greece we loved before "happy hours" etc and this globalisation of tourism , we have considered S George, or SS NE....but now things are changing for us, I suspect we'll be trying the less well known or visited islands, and, of course your dead right , there are good and bad points,  my aim was to bring out what I perceived of each"

However I really dont like being misrepresnted, thats all and will defend myself, people just saw the criticism from my viewpoint and didnt like it,thats their perogative I'm a big boy and can take it,I think you may find the board becoming a wee bit anodyne if no is allowed to voice concerns....and this really is goodbye, my edited report has been posted on three holiday sites

have a great future hols everyone

Patandgra

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
Having gone through this thread a couple of times,just to try and make some sense of it i can only support Zimmer in his effort to defend his right to air his opinion ,which was a lot more informative than a lot of the stuff on this sit(which ifeel would be better posted on Facebook).I think some people have lost sight of the fact that this is supposed to be a "holiday" website and the forum for exchanging information about San Stefanos and not a place to launch attacks on someones honest opinion.Ihope to meet some of you in september and have a laugh but until then i think i will give this site a rest till it restores some sense of what it should be about.

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
Patandgra, I couldn't agree more and members should not lose site of the fact that this is a "holiday" website and forum for exchanging information about SanStefanos.

Topic closed for new posts, lets all move on....................

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni