Author Topic: Are the buses reliable into Corfu Town etc. ?  (Read 16747 times)

Offline Kerri

• View Profile
Are the buses reliable into Corfu Town etc. ?
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site...visiting The Teresa at the end of September and just wondered if the transport links are relaible fromm San Stefanos into Corfu Town and surrounding areas? I've read some fantastic reviews about San Stef and can't wait to visit  :)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Are the buses reliable into Corfu Town etc. ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:56:50 AM »
We were at Tereza's a couple of weeks ago; you'll absolutely love it! Make sure you book for Tereza's Greek night; it's fab!

Didn't use the bus, but i think it's reliable. However, last bus into Corfu Town is 4 in the afternoon. I don't think there's an evening return to San Stef though.

We went to Corfu Town on an evening visit, with San Stef Travel (based in village). I think it cost about 12 euros each. They pick you up at 4.30pm outside Kapietanos apts (only 100 yds up from Tereza's) and you get to Corfu Town at about qtr to 6. Pick you up in Corfu Town at about 10 o'clock that eve; get back to San Stef about 11.30.

Hope this helps.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:13:15 AM »
hi kerri and welcome . it gets a bit mad at times but you can get a reply most times. (not so mad at the moment as don and tony are in san steph)

i used the bus 2 years ago to corfu town it turned up on time and was only 2.50 euros,its a nice trip but the bus does get full the nearer it gets to corfu and the bus station in corfu is busy but no probs and a cheap way to corfu town.

if you search i think there are some time tables on here but dont worry someone at teresa will point you in the right place

enjoy san steph

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
The buses are reliable goung to Corfu Town but coming back can be very hectic. You could end up with to many people all trying to get on one bus and for me that put us off. We ended up getting a taxi back for safety as much as anything else.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 02:27:08 AM »
The buses are reliable goung to Corfu Town but coming back can be very hectic. You could end up with to many people all trying to get on one bus and for me that put us off. We ended up getting a taxi back for safety as much as anything else.
so you did share a bus with don and tony then along with the chicken goats etc

the buses are great if you want to go to sidari for a day though ( :'( :'( ) ok someone might want to lol

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
Chris I hope you don't lol!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Welshone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
The times of the buses from SS to Corfu Town are actually on the San Stef website - http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/holiday_info/holiday_info_bus.html

I agree with Chris and Jules - the bus can get crowded, and it can be a gamble if there is enough room on it for your return! A few years ago, when staying at Kassiopi, we got the bus from there to Corfu town and couldn't get on it to return - but managed to hitch a ride on a boat back at no cost!  It was on that holiday that we came first to San Stef and decided to come here in future. We've always gone ot Corfu Twon from San Stef on the double-decker bus from SS Travel - this year it was just over 10 euros return as there was a discoiunt for SS TRavel's tenth year - and that's only 3 euros return more than the ordinary bus and a guaranteed return.

Instead of going to Sidari on the bus, just go to Avliotes, have lunch there, and walk back through the olive groves either down to the beach or to the centre of San Stef. Many of the olive groves are owned by taverna owners in SS, and they will tell you all about them.

Enjoy!

Offline Kerri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice everyone! So looking forward to it! Seems like ages yet though....not going until late September  >:(

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
It will be here before you know it Kerri :)

Offline bevmandy

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »

Hi - Jules, how much was the taxi back to SS? the holiday is approaching and we cant wait!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
Our taxi was a few years ago - before the Euro. I would imagine round about €50 judging by what everyone pays for a resort transfer.

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 01:46:08 AM »
Kostas from the Romanza suggested that if the return bus is full or you've just missed it, instead of paying 50-ish euros for a taxi all the way, get a bus on a different route which goes at least part way (he named a village beginning with K but I can't remember it), enjoy the village then get a taxi from there.

A lot cheaper and you get to see more of Corfu. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 02:00:02 AM »
Excellent idea  - why didn't I think of that :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 08:05:30 PM »
Last time I got the bus back I had to put up with a beautiful Swedish Girl sat on my lap!!
Wearing next to nothing as well!!
We all ended up singing we're all going to Brighton on every bump!!
(oh well - I can dream!!!).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Used the bus in and out of Corfu Town this year. Fare was 3 Euros 70 single trip. Buses ran pretty much to time but it was a bit hectic at the Bus Station in Corfu Town. Best advice would be get there a bit early and don't hang about when the bus comes in. Don't know what it will be like at height of the season!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni