Author Topic: Zimmer's Dinner's  (Read 26778 times)

Offline shelly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Zimmer's Dinner's
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
Thanks Zimmer, thought your your report was very well written and agreed with you totally. Did you stay at Rose Gardens? and are you and your family planning to visit SS in 2010.

don

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »
Went to Zorbas tonight. If ever the Yanks started a franchise chain of Greek restaurants then Zorbas would be the role model. Bland, Bland, Bland!! Greek for the tourist mentality!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »
Yep! agreed it was slick , food is cooked well though - for what they do,and is more "professional" than - say - "Little Prince" which struck me as being in a tourist rut
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:41:08 AM by Zimmer »

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »
Thanks Zimmer, thought your your report was very well written and agreed with you totally. Did you stay at Rose Gardens? and are you and your family planning to visit SS in 2010.

Thanks for the appreciation - Yes - brilliant place [ though not so brilliant that I feel compelled to go back every year ;D - gentle joke ] and no, next year we may not go abroad at all , it all depends on a few things
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:41:49 AM by Zimmer »

Offline corfuaddicts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
Great report Zimmer, don't agree with everything you say but that's what a forum is all about allowing everyone to express their own views and opinions.

http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=648.0

I think with the onset of places like Ozzie and Beachcomber (can't speak for Mythica as we missed that one) there are a few taverna's/restaurants who will need to pull their socks up if they want to survive and those that do will have a long queue.

How come that these new places can serve up such quality food, fresh chicken etc for such good value when some of the old ones obviously serve "ping" food?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:14:22 PM by corfuaddicts »

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
Sorry to say it but when we were sat in the Mythica - you could hear the 'ping' of the microwave going off on a regular basis!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
Maybe on certain things (possibly starters) they would have to use the ping service.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Great report Zimmer, don't agree with everything you say but that's what a forum is all about allowing everyone to express their own views and opinions.

http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=648.0

I think with the onset of places like Ozzie and Beachcomber (can't speak for Mythica as we missed that one) there are a few taverna's/restaurants who will need to pull their socks up if they want to survive and those that do will have a long queue.

How come that these new places can serve up such quality food, fresh chicken etc for such good value when some of the old ones obviously serve "ping" food?

well said  ;D :-* - the longer a menu the longer the food's either been prepared or else is, as you say, "pinged".

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »
Can assure you all that any "pinging" in Mythica is only reheating, as i know for a fact that, Leo and his parents do all the cooking themselves, some of which can be prepared during the day.

Everybody has their own opinion and preferences, but Mythica is one of a handful that is proper "home-cooked" food.

Sarah H

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 11:45:38 PM »
it certainly didnt seem pinged to me ! I thought it was brilliantly cooking and the concise menu indicates cooked on spot...more power to your elbow!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »
Zimmer - Keith and co!!  enjoyed meeting up - didn't agree with your report on Don and I - Cheeky boy!! (Who was Charles Hawtree then?) LOL!!
Nice report!!
Didn't agree with some of the follow up comments made, lets be realistic now - you can eat in authentic Greek Tavernas anywhere in the UK - especially London.
What I find boring is to go to Greece and have no choice except an old Greek Taverna to eat in.
I like choice and San Stef now gives that international choice that leaves everyone happy.
So just eat where ever it is you like, not put down the choices!!
The food here is great and no one should try to be a "Greek-Food" snob, theres choice for all here!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
true ....point taken  :-[

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
Sorry to say it but when we were sat in the Mythica - you could hear the 'ping' of the microwave going off on a regular basis!!
Oh no! Andy you just burst my bubble! I raved about Mythica! :(

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
 Could possibly be them cooking the veggies. That's how I usually cook broccoli n cauliflower these days. Had the crispiest roast potatoes there.
CorfuCol

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »
Having worked in the catering business, I know that if a Restaurant has a large menu, then a lot of the food will be 'pinged'. You cannot have pans and pans full of fresh food sitting around hoping people will order them.

I know that the Olive Press used to (may still do, but didn't go this year), only cook fresh everyday. The choice was limited and when it was gone 'it was gone'. You cannot do this if you have a huge range of meals on your menu.

Therefore, the smaller the menu, the far greater chance that the food is prepared fresh that day.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni