Author Topic: Evening Meal Review  (Read 51117 times)

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Meal Review
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Hi Don Hope your not going to try them all in one day or you may find yourself slightly inbalanced in the middle LOL.................

It sounds a good idea though. Us women go careful right up to our holidays and then eat everything as soon as we get there, I usually start at the airport & with no cares do what we want all holiday that the clothes I go in don't fit me on return.

I asume were all the same and all addicted to Greek food

Tony, the meal you discribe sounds perfect, just what you would expect from Greek hospitality and no wonder you've been hooked since, they really do know how to entertain. I would go to say that I wish I was Greek

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
Just a shame that Lamb cooked on the spit is done in the kitchen these days!!
Don has a pair of trees - or a sack of spuds - on his shoulders - not chips!! LOL
(thats why he wears Kenny Everett style Epaulettes - by the way - don't mention Cupid Stunt!! LOL)!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »
OK What is the Cupid Stunt ??????????????????????????

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »
Wow - I thought everyone knew about the Kenny Everett Character "Cupid Stunt" - Just Google it!!
Silly comedy at it's best on prime time TV in those days!!
How did he ever get away with it??? LOL
You can also ask Don - he knows a couple of Cupids!! LOL

don

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 11:42:50 PM »
Spoonerisms
Spoonerisms are words or phrases in which letters or syllables get swapped. This often happens accidentally in slips of the tongue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was on BBC1 so must be ok!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »
So was Magic Roundabout!!! LOL

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 01:02:23 AM »
OMG that goes back a bit...............Magic Roundabout

You got us laughing here, was it all done ..............IN THE BEST POSSIBLE TASTE

Yamas
Clarexxx

don

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 02:55:32 AM »
Of course until Zebedee said "It's time for bed!" Night Night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »
Wow - I thought everyone knew about the Kenny Everett Character "Cupid Stunt" - Just Google it!!
Silly comedy at it's best on prime time TV in those days!!
How did he ever get away with it??? LOL
You can also ask Don - he knows a couple of Cupids!! LOL

This is similar to...

What's the difference between a Magicians Wand and a Policeman's Truncheon......One is used for cunning stunts and the other is used for.......:o

don

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »
And the Evening Meal?

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
Of course until Zebedee said "It's time for bed!" Night Night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ahem!

don

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 01:51:22 PM »

Ahem!

It was 23:55pm so no innuendo etc!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
And the Evening Meal?
- - - - Was taken in front of the TV - watching re-runs of Magic Roundabout and Kenny as Cupid!!
and Colin (who is obviously naughty but nice), they say the old one's are the best - made me chuckle anyway!!

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
Tonycool, great that bit about your mouth watering meat at Noula's dad' restaurant!!! it was still opened when we first started coming to Corfu and although we have never eaten there the meal is as exactly as he describes it to us-typical of the way they serve it at the local carnivals- on evenings sitting outside our shop when he pases by and treat us to a coke. Nostalgic or what?????

Fantastic man and we are still waiting to go on his "Shirley Valentines" boat trip...even Kip too!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »
Bit more nostalgia - Vasillas has always asked me - every year - to go out on his boat fishing with him.
Many a year I have met him at 07:00 and gone out to pull in the nets with him and lay some more!
Better to me than any boat trip!
However in the Naughty old days - I think this particular year was about 1985, Linda came with me one evening,
and we went out in his Boat. Well out to sea, I noticed that there were no rods - no nets?
I asked Vas how we catch the fish - he replied "Boom-Boom", produced a pack of dynamite - lit the fuse and casually tossed it overboard, (we absolutely S**T ourselves).
Vas then started to circle the spot, about 30 seconds later - it was indeed "Boom-Boom" as a giant spout of water came up and we felt a double shockwave through the boat and our feet!
I photographed it as well, but gave the best snap to Vas (the waterspout - still have the negative somewhere)!
Fish floated up and we netted them, then he picked up a galvanised tube with glass in the bottom, and looked at the sea bed. He picked up a three pronged "neptune" type fork with a weight attached, on a long rope and then proceded to spear all the fish that sank to the bottom, and haul them up! He explained that fish with eggs always sink!
What an experience - totally the wrong way to fish environmentally, and to be fair he no longer does it that way now, but it was an unforgettable experience! So unforgettable, that Linda refused to ever go again!!
We ate royally that evening, with the family and had - of course - Grilled fish - loads of it - and it was fantastic!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni