Author Topic: Evening Meal Review  (Read 51113 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Meal Review
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
Hi Belgianram, Is the pizza place open at lunchtime as well as in the evening?
yes - and they seem pretty desperate

Offline Belgianram

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
Hi Belgianram, Is the pizza place open at lunchtime as well as in the evening?

Yes it is, but I would suggest Town Pizza as it's cheaper for an afternoon snack.  ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:46:06 PM »
We ate in Mama Mias last night - its owned by Zorbas and uses their menu.
Pizza cooked on the spot, everything else from Zorbas, so you know what you are getting now, but without the greek dancing!!
Town Pizza was better in my opinion!! My "Zorba" dish was pretty average, which is quite good!!
Went back to Mythica - passed on the neggie comments and they were appreciated, and hoped they could make it better every time in future. Please speak to them if not fully satisfied as they want to always improve.
Our meal was again very good second visit. Mussels starter, and Stamina for me, steak for Linda - V/Good.
Shame the reviews are mixed - but shows they are real and good reviews!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline TopCat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »
Ozzy oil wins for best meals, went 3 times in our 2 weeks. Mythica probably comes 2nd although the 2 star was equal contender. Beachcomber was lovely but lost our vote cos no debit card facility, had to borrow of our 16yr old!!! or else go back to apt for more cash!!!! We also managed to book for the night when it was too windy to sit outside so ended up indoors which was a real dissapointment after so many lovely sunsets!!

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »
Sorry Tony I have to disagree Mamma Mias pizza are delicious much better than Town Pizza.  But each to our own hey.

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 12:26:56 PM »
Sorry Tony I have to disagree Mamma Mias pizza are delicious much better than Town Pizza.  But each to our own hey.

During my 2 week stay I sampled both Mamma Mias and Town Pizza and I have to say that there was very little between them, apart from the fact that Mamma Mias is probably a little less "Fast Foodie" than Town Pizza....in my humble opinion  8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 09:46:27 PM »
Colin (& Strogs), - no need to be humble - not like you - but good to get a cross reference-
Maybe I just had a bad one on the day I went, as starter slices, so next visit - promise to try again!!
They certainly smell nice and extra points for the open cooking!!, just a bit soggy that time!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »
Just like to say that in the years we have been going to SS we have never had a poor meal anywhere, they cater for all in the village what ever your taste! It's always best to order Greek after all that's why most of us return, although I do like Zorbas

Starter - Feta baked in the oven or village sausage & a greek salad to share is the best!

My husband is a good eater, but does'nt do veg so he has invented the meat salad, he likes

Main course - Mamas plank steak

after that & alot of liquid no room for desert!!!!

Think I might go & raid my fridge, makes you hungry this
Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »
I went to The Little Prince especially to sample the 'Sizzling Steak' and I have to say I was a little disappointed with it, firstly there wasn't a lot of it, but what there was, was just average, the meat it's self....errrr hmmmm emmmmm not 100% sure what it was, all I can say is that is was Beef! I've been a Butcher for 30 years, so I reckon I know my stuff, I'm pleased we had some bread left, because I mopped my plate clean, not because it was so lovely, but because if I didn't I would have still been hungry, personally I think people might get carried away with it because it's served to you in a blaze of glory ie: A waiter with a napkin around his neck, serving you a noisey plate of smoke...very impressive, and gets the attention of the whole of the Restaurant, I'm not one for picking faults, but I had better meals during my stay, but that's just me, I'm not out to offend anyone, just passing on my views :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:36:00 AM by Colin »

don

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »
Got to admit that I used to like it but as with all meals I get fed up! I always want to try something new. Fish though is my favourite... I just wish it could all be filleted in Buchan where they know how to do a good job! One bone and that's me stopped eating!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:54:50 AM by don »

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »
I love fish too Don, but like you....one bone and I'm finished!!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 01:06:31 AM »
Our friend George from the Kapetanios who now runs the Vicky made us the most amazing fish plater.

We ate kalmari, octopus & king prawns to start and a whole Black snapper for main course. We watched the fisherman deliver this in the morning and by 8 pm it was on our plate but with the most amazing flavour's. It was'nt cheap but well worth it........................YUMMY................................

My husband has also had the sizzling steak at Little Prince, Thought he was going to catch fire & could'nt see him for smoke LOL

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 01:32:31 AM »
colin like you 1 bone and im done
just like don with his drinks 1 drink and im gone
go to manthos taverna if you ask for no bone and you find one don will buy you a drink

and me
chris

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
Clare - how strange - my last meal in Zorba's was exactly the same choice as yours, Plank Steak & Mash was great!
I have always said we have never had a bad meal anywhere in the resort, because a just average meal is very good!
This tends to spoil you and you have high expectations everywhere! - nothing wrong with that either!
Having read every review in this forum over time, You get to feel that personal likes and dislikes tend to colour things slightly, but that overall the difference between a good or poor review can just be something very minor, or even the staff outlook at an individual establishment or the price can influence.
Must admit - I do prefer a filleted fish and hate finding a bone stuck in my throat as well!
However, some smaller fish - sardines for example - need to be served that way and taste great for it!
I still remember my very best all time meal ever!
It was in 1983, our first ever visit. It was at Margarita's Restaurant, now closed and gone!
It was their turn to do a greek night, and the dancers were Capt. Nikos, his brother Spiros - then a builder, now owner of the Teresa's Hotel in Sidari. They were the star turns and any long serving visitor will remember the Capt. Nikos version of Zorba's Dance! Lots of other Avliotes villagers did dancing as well!
The Meal was a rather special mouthwatering 3 course, starting with home made Taziki and bread, followed by a portion of Lobster and finished up with a whole Lamb, turned on an open spit over a charcoal and wood fire.
The Lamb had lots of slits in the meat and whole cloves of garlic pushed into them.
When it was served - I remember it like it was yesterday - it was cooked perfectly, moist, well flavoured and the best bit of Lamb I can ever remember having! Strange, because it was roughly cut (or hacked) up, cooked in the open slowly and it didn't look anything like as nice as it tasted!!
Funny how we always remembered this meal!!

As for the sizzling Steak - not enough meat - must agree with Colin there, but my meal tasted great! What can I say!!

don

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »
In September I hope to try Gyros at every outlet in the village. How else could I do a balanced review? After all I'm well balanced... I have a chip on each shoulder LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni