Author Topic: Evening Meal Review  (Read 51109 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Evening Meal Review
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »
Went to the Mythica last night.
We had the best meal ever, (only competition was the Beachcomber Bistro).
The Mythica's prices are €6-8 on average, except fillet steaks (double the price).
We had, (Linda) Stifado - best one ever!!
I had chicken Strogonoff - again best ever, followed by homemade Baileys Cream desert - -YUM!!
All the others are really good - so it shows what standards the Mythica has risen to!
Well done Jenny and Leo!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

Re: Evening Meal Review
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
you must try the salad with the honey and mustard dressing it's out of this world

don

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
I can recommend the Sea Bass to anyone especially following the smoked fish and prawn starter. Not had a bad meal yet. Just 1.5 weeks gone. 1.5 weeks to go!!

zoe

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
glad you loved them roy did as well when you recomend something it is a worry that if someone has it they will not like it but i dont think anything in mythicas would be bad

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
In San Steph at the moment and went to the Mythica on Saturday night after hearing glowing reports.

However, both of us were disappointed with our meals. I also had the chicken stroganoff - but it was totally tasteless. The chicken was very tough and bland, but luckily a very pregnant cat sat nearby so ended up very well fed!!

Also the restaurant (can't call it a Tarverna), had no atmosphere. Very morose music, everyone talking very quietly, it was a bit like eating in a Library!!

On the plus side - a very extensive menu and very reasonably priced. The bread basket is lovely with hot crusty rolls and different spreads.

We maybe picked an 'off' night, but our neighbours in our apartments said their meal had also been very disappointing when they went.

I suppose everything boils down to personal choice and it would be a sad world if we all liked the same thing, but when in Greece I want to feel like I am there - lively greek music, friendly waiters etc.  I can have a meal in England anytime like the one I had in the Mythica - sorry!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »
Mythica was a restaurant we didn't try in our 2 week stay in June. Mixed reviews on here. Maybe we'll try it next year.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 12:18:43 AM »
It's always good to hear different views. We will still give it a go in September though.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 02:00:58 AM »
We had a gorgeous meal in the Mythica and the service was superb! Defo a return visit is in order next time. Towards the end of our hols it was a toss between returning there or back to the Beachcomber...the beachcomber won so next time it may be a couple of visits to Mythica for us!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »
i have to agree with gillywoo found the mythica not as good as the reports but then its good that we all like somthing diff or there would not be room for us all  :D :D :D
chris

Offline shelly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »
We have just returned from 3 weeks in SS and i cant praise the Mythica enough. What has the edge over the Beachcomer and Ozzy Oils for us was the extensive menu. Can't wait to return next June. The sole there is by far the best we have ever had. I agree it doesnt have the feel of a greek taverna though. It was great to see there first season going so well in such difficult times. It looked that places like Olympia and the Olive Press were struggling on the result of it.

zoe

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »
it's a shame you both didn't have a good meal we went in 4 times and we were very lucky food was great everytime i know that is the problem anywere we have a pub by us if one chef is on it's ok but if the other is on we go somewere else

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 01:02:22 AM »
Yes I was amazed that you had a poor meal!!
My son and his wife went there tonight - theirs was also a great meal - different choices though!!
We all went to the Beach comber last night - amazing Fish coconut curry!! WOW - it really did have that wow factor.
Not a soul seen eating in the Olive press all week.
Mama Mias was packed tonight - first time.
We had a great meal in the Sunset today, but no live music this year!!
No live Acts or music in Bar 38 this year, music - yes - no live acts allowed by the Landlord!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 01:59:40 AM »
My wife had the fish curry in Beachcomber during our first week (w/c 15th June) in San Stef and she loved it!!

Offline Belgianram

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »
We were in Mama Mia's on Friday night and was very impressed.
We decided to have quite a lot of food  :o

We had the following:

Ham, Mushroom and tomato sauce Penne pasta
Mozerella pizza
Ham and bacon pizza

the mozerella pizza was fantastic!  ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »
Hi Belgianram, Is the pizza place open at lunchtime as well as in the evening?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni