Author Topic: Tsaros studios  (Read 9896 times)

Offline frigate

• View Profile
Tsaros studios
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »
Hi all,
New to the site as you can see, and never visited Corfu. I've heard good things about San Stefanos and my wife and I (52 & 48) are looking at coming over for a week in early October to see for ourselves. I've looked at these apartments (including the review here). However, I wonder if anyone has been to the studios, rather than the larger apartments, and would care to venture an opinion? Aware of the steep hill but hopefully not a problem - my wife always takes the life insurance policy on holiday in case her luck's in.
We've already had our "big" holiday this year so will be on a budget - what we're looking for I guess is value but not "cheap". Does anyone know if the studios have a sea view, and would I be right in thinking that the weather is likely to be warmish if not baking in early October?
Grateful for any views.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Tsaros studios
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:15:58 AM »
Hi Frigate and welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy looking at all the mesaage boards. Never  stayed in these apartments but you have chosen a great resort in San Stefanos for your first Corfu stay. If you need to know anything about the village at all just ask away and someone will have an answer for you. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:47:47 AM »
hi frigate and welcome.also have not stayed at tsaros but they are good freinds of ours i think there is a chance of a sea view.the hill is not to bad to walk up only when hot so you should be ok.i know you are met at the bottom with a minibus so you dont have to carry your cases up the hill.if they are still doing them go to the bbq on a sunday night as they are good value for money.we had to book early june to make sure we got in

chris

Offline Welshone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
Hi Frigate

We've stayed at Tsaros Studios both last year and this. Nikos picks you up from the coach at Barras in the centre of San Stef in his minibus and takes you right to the studios/apartments. Last year we had room 4 - one bedroom and a kitchen - whicht I suppose would be called basic - but perfectly comfortable and adequate. The kitchen has a hob, fridge, kettle and toaster. The bed in room 4 is a double; in room 3, the other studio in that block, it is twin beds. The balcony over looks the gardens, with views over San Stef and the surrounding countryside - you can see the sea and the mountains of Albania! The window to the bedroom looks onto the lemon trees.

This year, Nikos gave us a choice of rooms as a returning guest - and we chose room 4 again! Thannasis had a glass of Mythos waiting for us at the bar. The pool area is very relaxing, again with great views over San Stef. The hill isn't really a problem - and Thanassis sells packs of water, so you don't have to carry them uphill. You can walk up the hill from the studios to the footpath along the cliff-top to Arillas - don't let the Thomson rep dissuade you from taking the path - its perfectly safe, and there is now a new snackbar before you drop down to Arillas which is well-placed for lunch.

I would thoroughly recommend Tsaros Studios - we will be returning!

Offline frigate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
Thanks all for helpful replies, and for the welcome. Hope to be booking for early October and looking forward to our first visit.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
We have been at Tsaros many times and are going back again next year. Hope we get the top floor at Nikos' old Dads place again. Peace and quiet there, sad to report that Christos who lived opposite died early this year, but his widow still comes to feed the 13 cats!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline thomasina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 12:41:20 AM »
We stayed at Tsaros Studios Room 12, the room was huge, I would definitely go again if I could be guaranteed the same room. I think it must be the largest studio.  We were picked up from the transfer coach in the village and taken up the hill with our luggage, opposite on our return home.

Had a fantastic two weeks Sept/Oct 2008.

Offline thomasina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »
www.tsarosapartments.com if you click on the very top tabs - apartments - it gives you details.  Largest studio, No. 12 was the top floor of the house, the large long balcony looked over the path to arilllas to the front, a side view of San Stef. inc. beach cliffs etc. there was just so much space, two single beds, large sofa, large fridge etc. table and chairs, and a super bathroom. There were no windows at the back of the room as the two downstairs apartments had internal staircases, which led to rooms at the back of Studio 12. Studio 12 was reached by an external staircase.  Thannasis told us he used to live in our studio.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
Blimey! I tried walking up to the Elphida Bistro one day - it nearly killed me , seriously, what a hill!! :-[.Anyway, I stopped at the Pool Bar and a kind Scots guy fetched me a glass  of water, which was kind

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »
Zimmer - LOL - I would have paid to see that!!!
We stayed at the Moros Apts about 5 years ago, just below Tsaros and the twice Daily march up "Death Hill" was hard work when the sun was out!! Worth the walk to Elphita Bistro as the food is great!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni