Author Topic: Athina hotel  (Read 9176 times)

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Athina hotel
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »
This may seem a odd question but anything for a quiet life, my partner and her daughter want to know if there are irons available at the hotel. ps thats clothes irons. thanks in advance.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Athina hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:36:23 AM »
sorry can't answer that as I have never stayed at Athina.... but can say that I took a travel iron to SS for many years...took it and never used it ... its just so laid back that noone cares if you havent got super creases or you have creases where they shouldn't be!

zoe

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »
we found it was best to take things to the laundry he will wash dry and iron anything you ask it is to hard to do shirts with a travel iron

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
Thanks for the replies,can't see the point of ironing on holiday myself,but just trying to keep my partners daughter happy.....!!!!!!!

Kernowfox

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »
Just got back from fantastic 2 weeks at the Athina. I think i can remember seeing a sign saying irons/boards were available from reception

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »
 ;)Thanks for letting us know that.ps did you eat at the Athina? if so how was the food?

zoe

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
we did not eat at the athina as we were told it was not to good last year but hopefully it is better this year

Kernowfox

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
Hi Bazza. Re the food at The Athina : Breakfast ok - choice of toast with eggs and jams or pancakes. If you want a full english it costs 3 euros. Most people settled for the basic (free) offering and maybe had a lunchtime snack/meal.  Evening meals very good choice. 3 courses choice of at least 4 options for each course. We had 4 evening meals out and the rest in the Athina. From what i saw the Athina meals were evry bit as good as the local restaurants/cafes. We just fancied a change. The Athina has fantastic views from its dining room. The service is also excellent. In the Athina you could have your 3 course meal inside 30 minutes if you were so inclined. The best restaurant we tried was The Little Prince but there were loads we didn't try of course. The Little Prince also do a bit of entertaining with greek dancing. I'm sure you will be impressed with the Athina    

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
thanks for the info Kernowfox,this time next week we will be packed and ready to go. :) :) :) :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 07:24:27 PM »
They did have free use of Irons for guests when we stayed there!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni