Author Topic: Gluten free diet?  (Read 5178 times)

Offline sanhelp

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Gluten free diet?
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:06:40 AM »
comment: hello l am arriving in san stefanos in august and am a coeliac - lm wondering if gluten free food is easily accessible and how well restaurants/hotels cater for the gluten free diet?
many thanks  Tracey

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Gluten free diet?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
comment: hello l am arriving in san stefanos in august and am a coeliac - lm wondering if gluten free food is easily accessible and how well restaurants/hotels cater for the gluten free diet?
many thanks  Tracey

Not sure on this at all.
If you are holidaying with a Tour Operator they may be able to help or if you are staying in a hotel you may be best to contact them if possible.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:06:48 AM »
many thanks  Tracey

Hi Tracey, I met someone in San Stef a few years ago and she said she'd had no problems. She had a card explaining the condition and what foods she could and couldn't eat written in Greek and English. She used to show this when she went into a restaurant and they would work with her in choosing.
 Can't recall where ahe'd found the translation. Google or perhaps the coeliac society perhaps.

www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-cards.html

Oh, here's one I made earlier. They do Greek. Hope this helps. I'm fairly sure I saw gluten free food in the supermarket next to the Athens Bar. I'm sure Tony will be able to report back very soon.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:41:37 PM by hendrix46 »
CorfuCol

zoe

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
thomas bay are very helpfull and i am sure mythicas would be a good place to start  as they cant do enough to help

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:08:46 AM »
thomas bay are very helpfull and i am sure mythicas would be a good place to start  as they cant do enough to help
Agreed - and there's always a salad on the go!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni