Author Topic: The Condor  (Read 18072 times)

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
The Condor
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »
We had a great time in this bar and usually ended up there after a meal. The acts are due on at 10.00pm but didn't start untill about 10.30pm. The greek Elvis is a must as he gets the house rockin and he will pose for photo's with you. The ABBA girls are good and have great voices they also go on to sing blues brothers and commitments songs and get you involved. The drag queen was ok, my advice to you is if you are a male do not i repeat DO NOT sit near the front or make eye contact with him/her. Our fav was Robbie Williams he even sounds like the real Robbie, he likes crowd partipitation so be preparded to get up & dance. All in all we would say, don't be shy, you're on holiday, you probably wont have to see any of the people there again so it doesn't really matter if you make an idiot of yourself, cos if you're making someone else smile in the process you're only helping them to have a happy holiday. Enjoy!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: The Condor
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:27:33 AM »
We had a great time in this bar and usually ended up there after a meal. The acts are due on at 10.00pm but didn't start untill about 10.30pm. The greek Elvis is a must as he gets the house rockin and he will pose for photo's with you. The ABBA girls are good and have great voices they also go on to sing blues brothers and commitments songs and get you involved. The drag queen was ok, my advice to you is if you are a male do not i repeat DO NOT sit near the front or make eye contact with him/her. Our fav was Robbie Williams he even sounds like the real Robbie, he likes crowd partipitation so be preparded to get up & dance. All in all we would say, don't be shy, you're on holiday, you probably wont have to see any of the people there again so it doesn't really matter if you make an idiot of yourself, cos if you're making someone else smile in the process you're only helping them to have a happy holiday. Enjoy!!!
Welcome - nice report.
We quite like the Condor - but have had some conflicting reports this season!!
Saw the drag queen last year - bit raw entertainment wise, but if taken in the right way - is ok!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:28:59 PM »
we went to see elvis and abba but the drag act was the same night as the festival but we were told he was a bit over the top that night so glad we missed it but others may like it felt a bit sorry for the dj it was not even half full when we were there and it was a struggle to get things going

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »
Jusr returned home today, after a 2 week stay in San Stef. We frequented the Condor most nights, as it was 'best in town'. Entertainment's fine, but feeling sorry for Jack the DJ!? He doesn't actually do much to get everyone going and the music's the same every night. In our 1st week we stayed after the live acts, but in the 2nd week we returned to Tereza's every night at aoround midnight for a few late drinks as the Condor was dead after the acts finished.
To be brutually honest San Stef is very very quiet at the mo. I think the businesses are concerned.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:10 PM »
Jusr returned home today, after a 2 week stay in San Stef. We frequented the Condor most nights, as it was 'best in town'. Entertainment's fine, but feeling sorry for Jack the DJ!? He doesn't actually do much to get everyone going and the music's the same every night. In our 1st week we stayed after the live acts, but in the 2nd week we returned to Tereza's every night at aoround midnight for a few late drinks as the Condor was dead after the acts finished.
To be brutually honest San Stef is very very quiet at the mo. I think the businesses are concerned.
The credit crunch has hit hard this year - lots of planes not flying this year!!
Yes they will be concerned, but I have been going to San Stef since 1983 and went through the last recession there.
They are born survivors in S S!! They take a pragmatic approach to a downturn, but it's not good to be too quiet!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »
The credit crunch has hit hard this year - lots of planes not flying this year!!
Yes they will be concerned, but I have been going to San Stef since 1983 and went through the last recession there.
They are born survivors in S S!! They take a pragmatic approach to a downturn, but it's not good to be too quiet!!
Maybe everywhere will buck up when the schools have finished. Hope so for all there sakes. I would hate to see SS and it's people suffer.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »
Really hope so too Jules. Sad to see the reports that people aren't out at night. Hopefully, as you say, the school holidays will bring more people. Not long to go now!!

zoe

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »
just had a email from someone we know that went to rhodes she found stegna empty one bar has shut and the tavernas only have limited things if you want to order something special you have to order it the night before

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »
just had a email from someone we know that went to rhodes she found stegna empty one bar has shut and the tavernas only have limited things if you want to order something special you have to order it the night before
I hope things don't get as bad as that .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »
I hope things don't get as bad as that .
Loads going to Turkey this year as better value!!
S S usually copes with the bad years ok!!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 12:14:09 AM »
Well at least they can count on our support.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »
And always will :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »
We, they had our support for 26 years, may as well carry on - after all, there's nowhere like it!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:14 AM »
We, they had our support for 26 years, may as well carry on - after all, there's nowhere like it!!
Definitely nowhere else comes up to scratch. :) ;)

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »
Several friends of ours have tried to persuade us that all inclusive is the way to go, personally it's not for me, I like the freedom of self catering, sod the expense! I'm not wealthy by any means, but you work all year for your 2 weeks in the Sun, so we just go for it! lol

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni