Author Topic: prices  (Read 16344 times)

Offline alnwickist

• View Profile
prices
« on: June 28, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
could anyone give me a rough idea of the prices in San Stefanos?
for example bottle of water,cup of tea,bottle of beer,sandwich/baguette,ice cream,beef stifado,lamb kleftiko,car hire,? etc.
we were on holiday in Agios Sostis, Zante, last year and found the prices very reasonable.Hopefully the prices will be similar in San Stefanos.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: prices
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
could anyone give me a rough idea of the prices in San Stefanos?
for example bottle of water,cup of tea,bottle of beer,sandwich/baguette,ice cream,beef stifado,lamb kleftiko,car hire,? etc.
we were on holiday in Agios Sostis, Zante, last year and found the prices very reasonable.Hopefully the prices will be similar in San Stefanos.
The prices are still quite good, Zoe and Chris2 has just returned so I will ask them to give the best Update.
Don is there now and may log on soon.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
have to say it is one of the cheepest places we have been would say the only thing we found added up was hot drinks the best place for a coffee was barras 1.50 were everyware else 2 euros have a look on the boards outside places one two or three course meals anything from 6.50 to 8 euros we paid 25 euros a day for car hire from arrillas car hire for a small car

Offline alnwickist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
Thanks Zoe.Sounds much the same as Zante last year.I`m just trying to get an idea of how much spending money to take for 2 weeks.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
If you don't want the 'specials' then be prepared to budget €20 to €30 for a couple at dinner including a bucket of house wine(kokkino or somesuch). My wife and I manage quite nicely on £500 to £600 of euros for a fortnight.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:16:04 PM »
have to say it is one of the cheepest places we have been would say the only thing we found added up was hot drinks the best place for a coffee was barras 1.50 were everyware else 2 euros have a look on the boards outside places one two or three course meals anything from 6.50 to 8 euros we paid 25 euros a day for car hire from arrillas car hire for a small car
TYPO ALERT FOR ZOE!! "Gotcha"!!!!
Cheep goes the little bird!! - - and it was "Cheap" to buy!! LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:17:01 PM »
If you don't want the 'specials' then be prepared to budget €20 to €30 for a couple at dinner including a bucket of house wine(kokkino or somesuch). My wife and I manage quite nicely on £500 to £600 of euros for a fortnight.
That sounds most reasonable to me!!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:46:37 PM »
water is the best buy 1.80 euro for 6 2lit bottles but they are dam heavy to carry back. we was paying about 20-30 euros each a night but we did have quite a few drinks as well and 10 euro a day for a quad

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »
water is the best buy 1.80 euro for 6 2lit bottles but they are dam heavy to carry back. we was paying about 20-30 euros each a night but we did have quite a few drinks as well and 10 euro a day for a quad
Thanks for the update chris - it all helps to build the picture up!!

zoe

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
all i can say is i have been watching the tennis and typing at the same it's one or the other with me also have to stick with jules

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »
I make sure Roy always carries our 6 pack of water. lol!! Who do you hire your quad from at €10 per day?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:27 AM »
Prices:

About 2.50 for a large beer.
3.50 euros for a smirnoff and coke.
Meals out - for the two of us we paid anything from 25 euros (2 courses) incl. 1L carafe of wine TO 45 euros in Beachcomber for 3 courses plus bottle of wine.
Many restaurants doing 2course menu of day for 7 to 8 euros, so you can do cheap if you want.

We spent 1200 euros over the 2 weeks, but that was lunch out everyday (either Tereza's for salad + pizza + 2 drinks = 13 euros OR The Waves on beach about 18-20 euros), Dinner in eve 25 - 40 euros, plus a few drinks after dinner in Condor and/or back at Tereza's.  We could have done it a lot cheaper, but we like to have a good time and at Tereza's it's not easy to go to bed when the atmosphere is so good!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 01:05:09 AM »
Prices:

Meals out - for the two of us we paid anything from 25 euros (2 courses) incl. 1L carafe of wine TO 45 euros in Beachcomber for 3 courses plus bottle of wine.
Many restaurants doing 2course menu of day for 7 to 8 euros, so you can do cheap if you want.

We spent 1200 euros over the 2 weeks, but that was lunch out everyday (either Tereza's for salad + pizza + 2 drinks = 13 euros OR The Waves on beach about 18-20 euros), Dinner in eve 25 - 40 euros, plus a few drinks after dinner in Condor and/or back at Tereza's.  We could have done it a lot cheaper, but we like to have a good time and at Tereza's it's not easy to go to bed when the atmosphere is so good!
That's roughly what we anticipate to spend as well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:09:19 AM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »
Prices:

We spent 1200 euros over the 2 weeks, but that was lunch out everyday (either Tereza's for salad + pizza + 2 drinks = 13 euros OR The Waves on beach about 18-20 euros), Dinner in eve 25 - 40 euros, plus a few drinks after dinner in Condor and/or back at Tereza's.  We could have done it a lot cheaper, but we like to have a good time and at Tereza's it's not easy to go to bed when the atmosphere is so good!
That'#s roughly what we anticipate to spend as well.

I must add that we found San Stef to be the cheapest resort in the Med/Canaries that we've visited in recent years, but the quality of food was very good compared to other places we've visited in recent years.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »
Prices:

Your budget and outlook is similar to ours- I think that the prices are very similar to last years - which is great!!
Thanks for taking the time to do the report for everyone - most useful!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni