Author Topic: The San Stefanos Cash Machine  (Read 16466 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
The San Stefanos Cash Machine
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
Is the Thomas Bay Cash Machine still being filled up on a regular basis?

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

Re: The San Stefanos Cash Machine
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »
when we were there it seemed to be but never saw a lot of people using it

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:11:09 PM »
Thanks Zoe - I had to run up to Sidari last year to get cash, I forgot about the Arillas Cash machine!

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
The first week we was there we used it 3 times with no problem. The 2nd week it didn't work at all. I was told that the one in Arillas (at the T-Junction) is nearly always working and filled up more frequently. We used this one for the 2nd week. There is also one at the pharmacy in Avilotes (Spelling!!) but apparently this only works when the pharmacy is open (Not in the afternoon).

God I wish I was back!!! :(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
The first week we was there we used it 3 times with no problem. The 2nd week it didn't work at all. I was told that the one in Arillas (at the T-Junction) is nearly always working and filled up more frequently. We used this one for the 2nd week. There is also one at the pharmacy in Avilotes (Spelling!!) but apparently this only works when the pharmacy is open (Not in the afternoon).

Yes - we hate that feeling as well - but I have 2 days off now and we have puppies at home - just one left to sell now,
and fingers crossed that will be tonight!! They keep us busy!
I am also running around getting the holiday stuff together for next week -
Remember the meals in the White Hart Pub?!

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Yes - we hate that feeling as well - but I have 2 days off now and we have puppies at home - just one left to sell now,
Oh yes the White Hart's good or sunday lunch at The Pheasant is just unbeatable :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

Oh yes the White Hart's good or sunday lunch at The Pheasant is just unbeatable :D
Rick is still around there!! Another good place is the Plough near the King Willy!

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »

Rick is still around there!! Another good place is the Plough near the King Willy!
I heard a rumour last time i was down that The Crown in Sipson is being turned in to another Indian restaurant, just what you need!! :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »

I heard a rumour last time i was down that The Crown in Sipson is being turned in to another Indian restaurant, just what you need!! :D
No sign of any changes so far!! The best Indian Restaurant is the www.achari.com Sipson Road

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Not sure if I would rely on getting holiday spending money from a cash machine. Imagine if the machine swallowed your card. You`d be stuffed good and proper. I only use the card in an emergency. Usually take cash or travellers cheques.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:20:40 PM by Stevazoid »
Steve

zoe

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
have to say it was making a funny noise i dont think i would fancy putting my card in

don

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »
Thanks Zoe - I had to run up to Sidari last year to get cash, I forgot about the Arillas Cash machine!
How long did it take to run to Sidari? Wasn't it rather hot?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 12:21:34 AM »
Not sure if I would rely on getting holiday spending money from a cash machine. Imagine if the machine swallowed your card. You`d be stuffed good and proper. I only use the card in an emergency. Usually take cash or travellers cheques.
That's a really good point Stevazoid. There would be no getting a replacement card if it did happen. You'd be gutted. We always only take cash these days anyway and debit cards to use if we need for the airport.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:32 AM »
we only take cash and a credit card for emergencys as dont like to pay the exta charges for changing the money

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »
we only take cash and a credit card for emergencys as dont like to pay the exta charges for changing the money
We find that works ok for us as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni