Author Topic: Athina  (Read 30742 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Athina
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »
Kernowfox??? Come from Cornwall?? Does the train still not stop at Camborne Wednesdays??
nah -dunstop cambern wenersdays
My mum was a Cornish Girl, born in St. Austell, My Grandfather was born in Dyce, Aberdeen,
Maybe I should be living in the Midlands instead of the Home Counties!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 11:57:05 PM »
if you are taking a kettle take everything with you as tea sugar coffee very expensive also shampoo hairspray ect
Thanks for the advice Zoe. :)
Those items are always expensive, so we tend to take some supplies with us if possible!

don

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 01:18:33 AM »
First visit to Corfu coming up soon, staying at the Athina. Is there a supermarket nearby please?
Welcome to the forums Kernowfox. :) Great choice of resort for your first visit. There is a largish supermarket just on the main stretch of road before you turn down the road for the Athina called Aspa and another smaller one just a bit further away. They stock most of your essentials to enjoy your stay in SS.

Enjoy looking at all the posts on here and if you need to know anything at all just ask and someone is bound to know the answer. As you can probably gather a lot of us on here do return every year so have probably experienced most things that SS can offer. :)
Yes like wise - Welcome Kernowfox!!
There are a few supermarkets and various other shops for you to use in the resort.
The one that Jules mentioned is one of the 2 bigger supermarkets in the resort, coming from the Athenia hotel,
walk up to the "high Street" or main road, turn left and the Aspa is about 30 metres along, say hello to Sam and his father!!
(Sam is the younger one with an american accent and a husky voice) - he will be impressed!!
This shop is half normal Supermarket and half souvenirs.
there is another shop on the right just around the bend ahead next to a hairdressers and paper shop.
If you turned right at the main road and walked past the Condor Bar, there is another supermarket at the end of the street,
next to a Bakers which is quite good!! Turn right again and follow the road past shops and restaraunts,
and you will eventually come to Margarita's Supermarket which is very large and has a good choice of goods, inc. some british brands!
Alternatively turn left near the bakery and enjoy a nice rural walk (200m) to the Paradise supermarket!
Or continue until past the Nafsika, turn left - walk up the hill to the Helena Supermarket, only to find it colsed years ago!! LOL
[/quoteYet another TYPO alert from you Tony - what's going on with you?
At work trying to find a quiet moment to enjoy the Forum, but having to rush it - well thats my excuse!!
Otherwise - why have I caught your spell flu!!
COLSED    Not in my Dictionary!!!!! Jules... Translate please?

don

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 01:21:39 AM »
Kernowfox??? Come from Cornwall?? Does the train still not stop at Camborne Wednesdays??
nah -dunstop cambern wenersdays
My mum was a Cornish Girl, born in St. Austell, My Grandfather was born in Dyce, Aberdeen,
Maybe I should be living in the Midlands instead of the Home Counties!! LOL

That's my job!!! Mum born in Tunstall.............Brother in Burslem..........Father in Peterhead............ Me in Ellon................. Been to Dyce, been to St Austell the patron saint of the YHA?

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
Margarita's has Marmite!!, and some rather moreish feta in a big tin that you have to cut a chunk off(far right corner in a chiller) and some 'real' olives of the non shrink wrap type. Amstel €1.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
Margarita's has Marmite!!, and some rather moreish feta in a big tin that you have to cut a chunk off(far right corner in a chiller) and some 'real' olives of the non shrink wrap type. Amstel €1.
Marmite will do for my hubby  - he loves it and the feta cheese for me. Hold the olives though - we both don't like them.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »
Marmite will do for my hubby  - he loves it and the feta cheese for me. Hold the olives though - we both don't like them.
Nice one Swedebasher!, we'll be exploring her fridge again this year!!
Hey!, when I meet Jules, I'll get Roy to hold her down and I'll pinch her nose and pop an Olive in!! LOL
(Just joking Jules) -
We love olives and good Feta, however, we may spread some Marmite over you, it'll make a change from the mud-pack!!
Greek Olives are quite tasty, in a little Olive oil with Oregano!!

don

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
Hey!, when I meet Jules, I'll get Roy to hold her down and I'll pinch her nose and pop an Olive in!! LOL
(Just joking Jules) -
We love olives and good Feta, however, we may spread some Marmite over you, it'll make a change from the mud-pack!!
And Popeye?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
Popeye is when you walk along the Nudist Beach and see the Biggest ever person in the worlds smallest Thong,
That's when you notice that your eye went pop!!

don

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
Popeye is when you walk along the Nudist Beach and see the Biggest ever person in the worlds smallest Thong,
It's even worse when they turn too quickly, They could have your eye out!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
And of course you wear that particular yellow T-Shirt!! LOL

don

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 12:51:12 AM »
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
I just can't wait to see your wardrobe!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 12:56:42 AM »
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
Probably be a sight to behold. Once seen and never forgotten as well
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 02:58:52 AM »
Marmite will do for my hubby  - he loves it and the feta cheese for me. Hold the olives though - we both don't like them.
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
Grey with a picture of Popeye in olive oil or kumquat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 03:49:00 AM »
Marmite will do for my hubby  - he loves it and the feta cheese for me. Hold the olives though - we both don't like them.
(Just joking Jules) -
And Popeye?
Grey with a picture of Popeye in olive oil or kumquat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just for that I'll take a pink one! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni