Author Topic: Respect and Dignity in the Forum!!  (Read 42533 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Respect and Dignity in the Forum!!
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
Hi All - We have noted the odd complete naughty word being "Fully" dropped into the conversation here on the forum.
Can I ask us all to remember that kids visit and read this as well, and any "naughty words" should not really be given out in full format,
However, if it is a ''must'' to cement a point, and you really must, lets all agree at the least, to put it in the starred format:
i.e. B****r, etc, at least that way, we the Adults, (hopefully), can work it out and the kids,
who probably know anyway, can't actually repeat it and justify it as acceptable, by saying - well it was on the forum.
This way no one can get upset, it's just a bit of old fashioned respect for others!!
Now - don't shoot me for this one, because we can still have the usual fun!!,
I certainly don't want us to be like my workplace where it's over-the-top Political Correctness and run by killjoys!!
Enjoy it and have fun - S S here we come!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Re: Respect and Dignity in the Forum!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:12 PM »
Well said Tony! This forum is for the enjoyment of all and I don't want the worry of having to review all posts  :)

Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
Doesn't the forum software have a naughty word filter??
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:50 AM »
Well put Tony. As we all know children probably do look on here on there parents log ins as well as guests. The forums are for great information and also for good fun. :) :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 01:58:08 AM »
Doesn't the forum software have a naughty word filter??
No in a word, so we just need to use a touch of common sense!

don

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 02:14:52 AM »
Well put Tony. As we all know . The forums are for great information and also for good fun. :) :)

children probably do look on here on thereTYPO parents log ins TYPO as well as guests

Hope that dignified enough..............................!!!!!!!!!

Jules .... E-mail Sandra.... If she will go to San Stef August Bank Holiday Week I will book it off and pay for a week in San Stef......................................... CHRISNO2 are you reading this?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:17:20 AM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 02:37:55 AM »
Well put Tony. As we all know . The forums are for great information and also for good fun. :) :)

children probably do look on here on thereTYPO parents log ins TYPO as well as guests

Jules .... E-mail Sandra.... If she will go to San Stef August Bank Holiday Week I will book it off and pay for a week in San Stef......................................... CHRISNO2 are you reading this?
Jules email Tony and Linda as well, if Don is paying, we'll do another week too!!

don

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »

Jules email Tony and Linda as well, if Don is paying, we'll do another week too!!
Only for Sandra ....... She deserves it BIG-TIME!!!      Then again if MR Camelot??????????????

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »

Only for Sandra ....... She deserves it BIG-TIME!!!      Then again if MR Camelot??????????????
Yes - if Larry the Lotto comes up trumps for me, I'll rent a nice big villa or block of apt's for the year for the use of us lot!!
Throw in flights as well - after all - why not!! - - - and - - - and - - - an account at the Little Prince (for example) for food and drink!!
(not on a Ł10 win though!!). Imagine that free summer holidays - all paid for and in our favourite place!!

don

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 07:00:47 PM »
Lord I'm Imagining !!In a respectful & dignified manner. Obviously!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:08:27 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 12:48:11 AM »
Come on Mr Camelot - if we win it big time we would move there and let some of you stay of course lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 02:14:12 AM »
Come on Mr Camelot - if we win it big time we would move there and let some of you stay of course lol!!!

Knowing you the meaning is "let you stay of course  but in Britain"    LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 02:21:06 AM »

I'd never hear the last of it if I did that- I wouldn't take the risk. Don't want permanently burning ears now lol!!

don

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 02:28:32 AM »

I'd never hear the last of it if I did that- I wouldn't take the risk. Don't want permanently burning ears now lol!!
Well pick the phone up.....................Irons don't ring .....................LOL               ::)

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 03:31:46 AM »
Hi All - We have noted the odd complete naughty word being "Fully" dropped into the conversation here on the forum.
Can I ask us all to remember that kids visit and read this as well, and any "naughty words" should not really be given out in full format,
However, if it is a ''must'' to cement a point, and you really must, lets all agree at the least, to put it in the starred format:
i.e. B****r, etc, at least that way, we the Adults, (hopefully), can work it out and the kids,
who probably know anyway, can't actually repeat it and justify it as acceptable, by saying - well it was on the forum.
This way no one can get upset, it's just a bit of old fashioned respect for others!!
Now - don't shoot me for this one, because we can still have the usual fun!!,
I certainly don't want us to be like my workplace where it's over-the-top Political Correctness and run by killjoys!!
Enjoy it and have fun - S S here we come!!
Well said totally agree

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni