Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 30335 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
Gawd what a kefuffle!!! ??? >:( been going thru this for about a half hour....so far

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »
Gawd what a kefuffle!!! ??? >:( been going thru this for about a half hour....so far
Maybe - but by golly it makes me feel good to say it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
It is the 'screening' that takes the time once you inform them of a problem, but it IS worth it, as should you fail to own up to everything, should you have some trouble abroad then I have seen cases where the entire insurance gets made null and void. Insurance is always cheaper when you purchase it direct rather than take the travel company offering.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:47:24 AM »
When you book with a tour operator they always ask if you have your own insurance if you opt out of the one they can supply. Surely it's up to the individual if they have adequate insurance as well and why then should the TO need to know. I would never travel without insurance which I have through my account at the bank I bank with.
We won't travel without it either, and I take good old Bristol boys comments fully on board, but the percentage of claims Totals, against the money collected is an imbalance into massive profits, which is why I believe that Travel Insurance should pay out to repatriate as a minimum, in the case of severe illness, for whatever reason, whether it is pre-existing or not, after all - no one, unless mentally ill, will travel on a holiday, and be enduring a fatal illness in the final stages! The ones who get ill usually don't expect to do so on holiday!!
But if you feel great, go away, keel over unexpectedly, and if you have a touch of blood pressure or a previous mild heart attack from years ago, you are stuffed and not covered!! Morally wrong, as you can also live for umpteen years afterwards, without a problem!
Thats why I hate MP's and Insurers, far too crafty.

On my policy I think it says if the problem or illness has been treated by the Doctor in the last 12 months then you have to tell them but only then. If not had Doctors treatment then you are ok.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 02:08:53 AM »
When you book with a tour operator they always ask if you have your own insurance if you opt out of the one they can supply. Surely it's up to the individual if they have adequate insurance as well and why then should the TO need to know. I would never travel without insurance which I have through my account at the bank I bank with.
We won't travel without it either, and I take good old Bristol boys comments fully on board, but the percentage of claims Totals, against the money collected is an imbalance into massive profits, which is why I believe that Travel Insurance should pay out to repatriate as a minimum, in the case of severe illness, for whatever reason, whether it is pre-existing or not, after all - no one, unless mentally ill, will travel on a holiday, and be enduring a fatal illness in the final stages! The ones who get ill usually don't expect to do so on holiday!!
But if you feel great, go away, keel over unexpectedly, and if you have a touch of blood pressure or a previous mild heart attack from years ago, you are stuffed and not covered!! Morally wrong, as you can also live for umpteen years afterwards, without a problem!

On my policy I think it says if the problem or illness has been treated by the Doctor in the last 12 months then you have to tell them but only then. If not had Doctors treatment then you are ok.
And if you are on medication for life???

don

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 02:20:11 AM »

Make sure it's Epilepsy then prescriptions are free for everything.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 02:42:02 AM »

No need - just make your age 60!! LOL

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 03:23:19 AM »
Just got in from Bristol City Centre after watching The Damned.
What a stir has been caused on here. Just purchase the travel insurance and live with it! U need it and that's it. Why would anybody insure someone who's a high risk! Not long to go until i arrive in San Stef (oh...and Debs, my wife). 16 long years.....will i be wondering why we waited so long to return?!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »
Just got in from Bristol City Centre after watching The Damned.
What a stir has been caused on here. Just purchase the travel insurance and live with it! U need it and that's it. Why would anybody insure someone who's a high risk! Not long to go until i arrive in San Stef (oh...and Debs, my wife). 16 long years.....will i be wondering why we waited so long to return?!
You sure will wonder why. You will love it. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
It is the 'screening' that takes the time once you inform them of a problem, but it IS worth it, as should you fail to own up to everything, should you have some trouble abroad then I have seen cases where the entire insurance gets made null and void. Insurance is always cheaper when you purchase it direct rather than take the travel company offering.

after about 45 minutes I'm Ł140 poorer

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »

There are free prescriptions on everything in the peoples republic 8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

There are free prescriptions on everything in the peoples republic 8)
The peoples republic of where? Zimbabwe, (Zim-in-Zim), Congo, China, Bangladesh or Bulgaria? LOL

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »
Wales, Scotland too I believe

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 03:45:04 AM »
And London too, if Gordon "B" had his way!!

don

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:49 PM »
And London too, if Gordon "B" had his way!!
Think I'll have to move back home as I'm probably the only person in town who has to pay!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni