Author Topic: Whats new in San Stef 2009?  (Read 14942 times)

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
Whats new in San Stef 2009?
« on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »
When we were there last year Stef (condoe bar) was just building his new shop opposite. There was also talk of the building on the corner of the road leading to the Athena being opened up as a shop for 2009. That place has been empty since we started going in 1995.

Has this happened or is there anything new for 2009?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Whats new in San Stef 2009?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:02 AM »
When we were there last year Stef (condoe bar) was just building his new shop opposite. There was also talk of the building on the corner of the road leading to the Athena being opened up as a shop for 2009. That place has been empty since we started going in 1995.

You must have been there when we were last year, - but you will see within this forum's postings somewhere,
that he did open a jewellery shop opposite the condor. Nothing happened on the corner site!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »

You must have been there when we were last year, - but you will see within this forum's postings somewhere,
that he did open a jewellery shop opposite the condor. Nothing happened on the corner site!
Maybe someone has some plans for that corner site - as usual Greece timing comes into play lol!!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:33:13 PM »
Greetings everybody from a sunny San Stefanos. Not sure what you've all been bigging up, this place is rubbish!! :D I hate the beer, I hate the sun, I hate how friendly everybody is and i'm definitely not coming back!!! :D
No i can't lie anymore. This is heaven!!!. What a friendly laid back place. I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship!!! :D
We was at the grand opening of a new bar last night, Bar "Code" (Left out of Barras, straight across junction). It is a bit higher tempo than the rest with a DJ. Staff really friendly and something a little different for a couple more beers!!. The manager is called George (Another one!! :D).

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
Greetings everybody from a sunny San Stefanos. Not sure what you've all been bigging up, this place is rubbish!! :D I hate the beer, I hate the sun, I hate how friendly everybody is and i'm definitely not coming back!!! :D
No i can't lie anymore. This is heaven!!!. What a friendly laid back place. I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship!!! :D
We was at the grand opening of a new bar last night, Bar "Code" (Left out of Barras, straight across junction). It is a bit higher tempo than the rest with a DJ. Staff really friendly and something a little different for a couple more beers!!. The manager is called George (Another one!! :D).
Thanks for that Cockney. Glad you have found the place to your liking. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:02:44 PM »
Sounds good! We like varied entertainment in the bars; greek dancing, chill out quiet places, anywhere with a good friendly atmosphere and to have a 'livelier' option for later in the eve sounds good as well.

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
Sounds good! We like varied entertainment in the bars; greek dancing, chill out quiet places, anywhere with a good friendly atmosphere and to have a 'livelier' option for later in the eve sounds good as well.
There seems to be alot of variety for such a small place, A bit of something for everyone. I can see how people on here say they run out of time trying to sample everything.

Internet is free in the Barras so I now have an excuse to be in the bar while the better half is getting ready :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
There seems to be alot of variety for such a small place, A bit of something for everyone. I can see how people on here say they run out of time trying to sample everything.

Internet is free in the Barras so I now have an excuse to be in the bar while the better half is getting ready :D
Good lad - great excuse for the bar!! Trying to work out exactly where this place is?  What is it next door to?
Do you go past the Town Pizza - or past 2 stars Opposite Little Prince, or next to Bar 38?
Interesting!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

Good lad - great excuse for the bar!! Trying to work out exactly where this place is?  What is it next door to?
Do you go past the Town Pizza - or past 2 stars Opposite Little Prince, or next to Bar 38?
Interesting!!
Sounds like it's near to Tasty Corner .

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 07:31:52 PM »

Interesting!!
Sounds like it's near to Tasty Corner .
Jules - I hear that you are the tasty bite in the tasty corner, (for mozzies anyway!!) LOL

don

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »
Sounds like the place between Tasty Corner & San Stef Travel!

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
Yeah its next to san stef travel! Its a bar that you would probabley pop into at the end of the night for one or two for the road!

Steve

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 09:02:24 PM »
Yeah its next to san stef travel! Its a bar that you would probabley pop into at the end of the night for one or two for the road!

Steve
Interesting!! May give it a try one evening!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »

Steve
Sounds like a good place to do some people watching as well ;)

don

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:56 AM »

Steve
Sounds like a good place to do some people watching as well ;)

Resident DJ's normally means CRAP music!!!!!!!!!!! Those where someone talks instead of singing and a computer holds a steady beat...... Underwhelmed????????

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni