Author Topic: Where's best for Wedding Anniversary meal?  (Read 39426 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Where's best for Wedding Anniversary meal?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
We always have ours in the Canaries... Perils of a late November wedding! It does though fall within a week of Sandra's birthday so two birds with one stone as it were. And who says Romance is Dead?
We have had our Anniversary many times in S S (July20th), but just miss it this year  - Phew!!!
2 years ago - she blagged a "try-on" of a huge Ruby set in a designer necklace, in a Corfu Town Jewellers, only €30,000 he said,
I said - pity - don't you have anything larger? We then managed to skip out with this guy trying hard for the sale,
I got him down to €23000 at one point as well!! We left him phoning around for a €50K stone - LOL!!
Went past last year and he rushed out offering drinks, etc. did I still want a huge ruby?
No I said - I bought her a Yacht instead!! He gave up about then, and Linda was almost wetting herself with laughter!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline corfuaddicts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »
We celebrated our 9th anniversary whilst in SanStef and went to the Manthos had a very nice meal and the view of the sun setting was lovely. Agree with your recommendation for the Beachcomber though a bit more sophisticated with the same/similar view as the Manthos. We wish we had gone to Ozzy Oils though and had the candle lit table under the palm tree we sat there twice on other nights very romantic and a lovely ambience.

don

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 02:24:06 AM »
We celebrated our 9th anniversary whilst in SanStef and went to the Manthos had a very nice meal and the view of the sun setting was lovely. Agree with your recommendation for the Beachcomber though a bit more sophisticated with the same/similar view as the Manthos. We wish we had gone to Ozzy Oils though and had the candle lit table under the palm tree we sat there twice on other nights very romantic and a lovely ambience.

Yes Agreed............................. And Skippy goes down a treat LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »
We had that table a couple of times last year  - i think it's the best table in the taverna. It's a definite for us again this year. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
We had that table a couple of times last year  - i think it's the best table in the taverna. It's a definite for us again this year. :)
we've arranged for that seat to be replaced with two old toilets complete with seats, just as Jules arrives, just to make Jules feel at home!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
we've arranged for that seat to be replaced with two old toilets complete with seats, just as Jules arrives, just to make Jules feel at home!! LOL
Is that to replace the commode that you would have used lol!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 02:02:49 AM »
Yes Tony................. The one She never empties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 03:26:17 AM »
We had that table a couple of times last year  - i think it's the best table in the taverna. It's a definite for us again this year. :)
Yes Tony................. The one She never empties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew it - the weight gave it away, not to mention the Humming! almost recognise the tune!!
Why is it that the toilet always screams when Jules sits on it, almost the "eye" of the storm!! LOL
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:29:10 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »
We had that table a couple of times last year  - i think it's the best table in the taverna. It's a definite for us again this year. :)
I knew it - the weight gave it away, not to mention the Humming! almost recognise the tune!!
Why is it that the toilet always screams when Jules sits on it, almost the "eye" of the storm!! LOL
You know this started off as such a nice topic until you 2 got into full mode on it !!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
You know this started off as such a nice topic until you 2 got into full mode on it !!!!!!!!!!
No Jules - not full mode - full COMMODE

don

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
Empty it woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can see the film now Full Metal Commode      Bit of a stinker though. Nearly went straight to Smellyvision LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »
Empty it woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can see the film now Full Metal Commode      Bit of a stinker though. Nearly went straight to Smellyvision LOL
Couldn't think of anything worse than smellyvision but then thought of you 2 after a mega night out on the beer, shorts and meths lol!!!!!!!!!! :-X :P :-[ ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 02:18:27 AM »
Empty it woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can see the film now Full Metal Commode      Bit of a stinker though. Nearly went straight to Smellyvision LOL
Couldn't think of anything worse than smellyvision but then thought of you 2 after a mega night out on the beer, shorts and meths lol!!!!!!!!!! :-X :P :-[ ::)
We often drink Beer while wearing our shorts, it's a holiday!!
Meth-inks you haven't thought this one through!!

Offline lorenzo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 10:52:12 PM »
We had our 25 anniversary at Beachcomber last year great except for the thunderstorms !!!!!
They made a real fuss of us and if you get that sun setting where better

don

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »
That was no thunderstorm...............That was BIG G laying on his own celestial pyrotechnics just to make it a special night just for the two of you 

Schmaltz rules after all........... Jules... Who said I have no heart, no romance and no feeling for my fellow man?              Oh ! Me!!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni