Author Topic: 15th may to 22nd Barras  (Read 19107 times)

Offline fillwr300

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
15th may to 22nd Barras
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
Well we finally arrived at the barras and after putting our luggage away we went for a meal downstairs at the barass,We both had chicken souvlaki which was really nice, The weather was cloudy for the first 3 days so we decided to hire a quad for 4 hours and have a good nose around and the following 2 days were spent touring Sidari,Roda etc on a beach buggy ,We ended up in sidari on our first day which was a differant world to san stefanos lots of bars and a much younger crowd,We found our way to canal di armour i think its called and the place was absolutley stunning had a nice walk around and admired the views took pics etc,We had food at the little prince several times also ate out at the 2 stars a few times and mainly for lunch we lived on gyros pitta's from tasty corner,We also had a pizza 1 evening from Town pizza I think it was called and stayed on the balcony for a quiet drink and to relax for a change,We went out every night and always started at the aquarius bar to try and teach glenn how to play pool,To be fair he became quite good towards the end of the week.Glenn is a really nice guy and was a pleasure to meet him and his lovely familly although his wife probably became annoyed with me for keeping him up 1 night untill 3 am :) oh and his cheesy chips wasnt bad either and his tuna salad was amazing :)We hired all of our little toys quads,buggies from Spiros hire at the corner of the road from the aquarius, The guy that worked there was a good laugh and really friendly he even came out with a welsh flag and tied it to the roof of our buggy and even let us use a quad 1 day for free to go to nearby avliotes to use the cashpoint as the 1 on the thomas bay had broken yet again.Cant fault the service and the helpfull advice he gave us for the week we were there.Usally around the 1 am mark we would let glenn have an earlly night and move onto the condor for a last couple of drinks before bed,We met a guy i cant remember his name but he is the 1 who does the rick shaw show and he was telling us a bit about corfu and the best places to see,He also told us he was doing a show in Sidari the following night and if we fancied a night out he would pick us up outside the condor at 8 pm and give us a lift with him and also bring us back at 1 am when he had finished free of charge ,Although we were up for it at the time when we left at 4 ish am when we woke the next day our headache got the better of us and we stayed in san stef,I would just like to say how friendly everyone was towards us and ive never ever been to greece before and been able to walk freely around the resort and stop to look at the menu's outside restaurants and walk past bars without being hassled to come in and have menu's shoved in our faces,All of our sunbathing was done at the Athina hotel and what a beautifull place it is, The pool is huge and the hotel looked really peacefull and the views are to die for,The beach is proper sand and was a nice place to go for a long walk after visiting the juice bar for a quick hangover fix,We have never visited the same place twice in greece before but we are seriously thinking of rebooking for 2 weeks in september ,Sorry For the late review but work has been quite hectic lately,Thanks to everyone for the great advice we received before going to san stef and wish everyone who is going soon a lovely holiday ,Thanks Fill

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: 15th may to 22nd Barras
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »
Thanks for your report on your holiday. We just knew you would enjoy it. You found all the reasons we all go back year after year. And it looks like the bug has bitten you if your considering September as well.  :) :) 8)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:36 AM »
As per Jules, It was a really nice report and now I wish I was there already!!
You made some good choices for a nice relaxed holiday, hope you re-visit some time!!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 02:56:53 AM »
Makes me look forward to Barras 26 june to 17 july!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:44:47 AM »
Don, Look for Alan and Carole Carr, when you arrive - they are on your first 2 weeks, in the Thomas Bay Hotel.
They usually go to the Beach, but will look for you around the T/Bay pool as well.
Their pictures are in my facebook albums and tagged!!

don

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
Don, Look for Alan and Carole Carr, when you arrive - they are on your first 2 weeks, in the Thomas Bay Hotel.
They usually go to the Beach, but will look for you around the T/Bay pool as well.
Will do!!!! Already in holiday mode as work is ******* me off!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 01:24:50 AM »
I know what you mean - I am doing a favour for a colleague - she is moving house this weekend,
so I am covering 3 x night shifts for her. (I got last weekend off and the weather was great!!).

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 02:36:47 AM »
I know what you mean - I am doing a favour for a colleague - she is moving house this weekend,
so I am covering 3 x night shifts for her. (I got last weekend off and the weather was great!!).
The weather is rubbish this weekend so you had the right weekend off at least. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
The weather is rubbish this weekend so you had the right weekend off at least. :)
Of course he did.....................He's a bloke LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:31 AM »
Suited me nicely!! LOL

don

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
Suited me nicely!! LOL

You don't have a phone number or e-mail address for the Barras do you?

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:16 PM »
00302663051047 barras phone no :)

don

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
00302663051047 barras phone no :)

Cheers Helen x

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
your more than welcome ! its in my mobile just in case grahams numbers come up and we can get a private jet over LOL :)

don

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 02:43:15 AM »
your more than welcome ! its in my mobile just in case grahams numbers come up and we can get a private jet over LOL :)
WE want a particular room as we have a Thomsons package but are looking at a third week on a Room Only basis.... Want to keep the same room for simplicity!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni