Author Topic: how many times have you been to san stefanos.?????  (Read 26410 times)

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: how many times have you been to san stefanos.?????
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
As long as we can keep on going to our favourite place who's counting lol!!

Zoe, Chris and everyone else going tomorrow have a superb time as we are sure you will.

thanks jules will do 7 hours till taxi comes

don

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
As long as we can keep on going to our favourite place who's counting lol!!

Zoe, Chris and everyone else going tomorrow have a superb time as we are sure you will.

thanks jules will do 7 hours till taxi comes
Have a great time Chris............ Sorry we won't see you (he says laughing all the way to the bank!) But save us some MYTHOS!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:55 PM »
Do the oldie regulars prefer the SS of late 70's early 80's or as it is now, or has it just changed to an acceptable degree?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »
Do the oldie regulars prefer the SS of late 70's early 80's or as it is now, or has it just changed to an acceptable degree?
First - Have a good one Chris!!!

Zimmer - we love S S both before and after, Some things about the early days were just brilliant:-
more relaxed, as in "don't worry, pay me tomorrow", more personal in some ways, stronger friendships in some ways
we saw a lot more of the Avliotes villagers at every "Greek Night", lots of little things!
Whats better now;-
It has grown and matured beautifully - nice shops, tarmac'ed roads, pavements, street lights, more professional entertaiment,
and more people, yet it's never crowded! It feels the same even though it has changed!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 12:22:32 AM »
13 hours till we leave for the airport i bet i wont sleep tonight roy says im worse than a kid

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:33 AM »
someone else calling us old tony lol

i think tony has just about got it right about san steph
manthos still says pay me tom you try telling the wife you only went down to pay the bill and come back singing
street lights great alaways forgot the torch
and swimming pools great if its to windy for the beach
chris
four and a half for us zoe if your around manthos or fedra pop in ill do a don on you  (buy you a drink )
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:28:14 AM by CHRIS NO 2 »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »
I have been going to San Stefanos for 11 years , twice or 3 times a year if i am lucky enough !

i have had two weeks already at the start of May and am about to go out again on the 19th June to spend time with my greek man and his family with a view to moving completely !

so as you can see its a very special place in my heart !

and once you have been you get the bug and go back time after time

Good luck to you if you decide to live there. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »
thanks chris we are at the thomas bay weather looking good accuweather do a 15 day forcast

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »
thanks chris we are at the thomas bay weather looking good accuweather do a 15 day forcast

ok np zoe  if you want and have time manthos has loads of photos from way back.  me last week when i was young (lol ) you might spot tony as well just tell him chris no 2 sent you

chris

Offline gbh5754

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 03:30:37 AM »
5 times each time better than the last ;D ;D ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »

ok np zoe  if you want and have time manthos has loads of photos from way back.  me last week when i was young (lol ) you might spot tony as well just tell him chris no 2 sent you

chris
Each time is always better than the last time for most folk!
Chris / Zoe - yes check Manthos's pictures - some real old ones of us there as well, also go for lunch one day,
in the Havana Bar, on the Beach - Ask Spiros (the older guy), to see his Album - he has a load of good pictures,
including us, in his Album!!
Have a great holiday and don't forget to leave a drink behind the Bar for me and Don!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »

chris
Each time is always better than the last time for most folk!
Chris / Zoe - yes check Manthos's pictures - some real old ones of us there as well, also go for lunch one day,
in the Havana Bar, on the Beach - Ask Spiros (the older guy), to see his Album - he has a load of good pictures,
including us, in his Album!!
Have a great holiday and don't forget to leave a drink behind the Bar for me and Don!! LOL
Why would Zoe want to ruin her holiday by looking at pictures of you Tony - I'm sure she will have better things to do lol!!!  :D ;D 8) ::)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
Sorry folks but - at this moment in time - my philosophy is, theres an awful lot of Greece out there,it hasnt all been taken over by discos and traffic,so not seeing it would be - for me - a terrefic opportunity lost "A hundred islands for a hundred holidays" [ well if I'm lucky maybe 25 ] so I cant see me going back somewhere more than twice...where else do I want to go?

Cephalonia
Naxos
Skiathos
Halkidiki
Lesvos
Samos
 Other non Greek

Sicilly

Sardinia
Corsica----and of course I have my retirement Aegean cruise in 011, hopefully
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:23:08 AM by Zimmer »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »
Sorry folks but - at this moment in time - my philosophy is, theres an awful lot of Greece out there,it hasnt all been taken over by discos and traffic,so not seeing it would be - for me - a terrefic opportunity lost "A hundred islands for a hundred holidays" [ well if I'm lucky maybe 25 ] so I cant see me going back somewhere more than twice...where else do I want to go?

Cephalonia
Naxos
Skiathos
Halkidiki
Lesvos
Samos
 Other non Greek

Sicilly

Sardinia
Corsica----and of course I have my retirement Aegean cruise in 011, hopefully
AAAhhhhh!! You cannot be serious!! We have another holiday as well - been to so many Greek Islands and resorts, other places world wide, problem is - not as enjoyable as S S!!

don

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 02:59:08 AM »
Mykonos was unbelievable to use a well known quote ironically "We were the only straights in the village" ............... Only been once!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni