Author Topic: Airport  (Read 19381 times)

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Airport
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »
Hi everyone, I`ve been lurking in the background for sometime , learning about San Stefanos. Thought it was time to join in.

Going to Corfu for the first time in July, travelling independently. I`ve heard the airport can be a bit of a nightmare at certain times. Just wondered if you guys have had any bad experiences or can offer any tips to make it less stressful.

Steve

Steve

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »
Airport IS a constant nightmare, and not much better than it was in the 1990s. They could have extended it but made a car park instead, so it remains totally incapable of handling the throughput.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

don

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:01:04 PM »
It is the only place I've ever been where you join a queue just to queue to join another queue to join a further queue! Take a cue from me.........Just go with the flow it's only a minor inconvenience1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:35:19 AM »
Try to make sure you have a bottled drink to have whilst queing as they start the queues outside and it can be a bit hot in the day.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »
Sorry forgot to welcome you. As you have probably noticed most of us have an answer for most questions on San Stefanos. If you need any info at all just ask :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »
Thanks for that . I`m sure I`ll be picking your brains in the near future.

Steve
Steve

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »
Thanks for that . I`m sure I`ll be picking your brains in the near future.

Steve
Whereabouts in the village are you staying?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 04:25:24 AM »
Hi everyone, I`ve been lurking in the background for sometime , learning about San Stefanos. Thought it was time to join in.

Going to Corfu for the first time in July, travelling independently. I`ve heard the airport can be a bit of a nightmare at certain times. Just wondered if you guys have had any bad experiences or can offer any tips to make it less stressful.

Steve
Steve welcome from me as well. I have never found it too much of a problem - just not great!!
Airport - Arrivals just keep with the queue through passport control (bit of a joke)!
Grab a seat because you will usually wait 15-30 mins for the bags, in the crowded hall. Check which carousel!
Bags retrieved - just walk out And if pre-booked taxi / minibus will be waiting with your name held up - or find your hire car company,
or go to taxi rank - check the price first!! and agree it! If not arranged contact Noula at San stefanos Travel, she will arrange it for you.
Going home - All Thompsons flights queue outside until allowed in when check-out opens, I am not sure about Easy-Jet or other airlines,
can someone else enlarge this please. Always a bit of confusion going home - check in at least 2 hours early.
The departure lounge is always crowded - fight for a seat while you wait - all a bit cramped!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 09:50:27 AM »
If getting a taxi at the airport make sure you say North West as there is a San Stefanos North East as well. Always agree the price first. I think San Stefanos travel around about €45 /€50 each way.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
we did not have to queue both times last year with easy jet this may be as most people are indep on the plane will report back how it is this year

chris

3 days to go (think its raining in ss this morning)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
we did not have to queue both times last year with easy jet this may be as most people are indep on the plane will report back how it is this year

chris

3 days to go (think its raining in ss this morning)
At least by the time you get there the rain will be long gone .  :) 8)

Offline fannymarie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
i have to say that i flew back with easyjet a couple of weeks ago and its was fab. Got to airport, no queing for check in , like you do with thiomsons !

all very calm and collected and then we departed 1/2 an hour ealrier !

happy days

roll on 19th june when i go back

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
We have flown with Thomson the last two years and we have not had to queue outside.There was  two queues inside for Thomson for different flights which luckily didn't take long to clear  I only hope it is the same this year

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »
If getting a taxi at the airport make sure you say North West as there is a San Stefanos North East as well. Always agree the price first. I think San Stefanos travel around about €45 /€50 each way.

Before discovering how easy it is with Noula, we jumped in a taxi at the airport a few years ago aiming for the Romanza and even managed to get a price close to the one displayed in the airport only to be taken southeast to a hotel called San Stefanos Hotel or Romantica or something like that (age creeping in here). The taxi driver then upped the price by another 10 euros to take us where we had actually asked to go. This was despite polite but firm 'Hotel Romanza Please! Near Avliotes!' requests by us several times during his 'scenic route'.

You may wish to have the address of where you want written on a slip of paper. No language/accent excuses then.

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »
We are staying at the Delfino blu. Saw it on trip advisor and it looked pretty good. Booked direct. Our flights are with Thomson. Haven`t booked  a taxi yet but have been told it will be 53 euros each way. looks like the airport is not going to be such a nightmare as I thought it was. Thanks guys !

Steve

Steve

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni